Tips/Hints: Call of Duty World of at War On-line multi-player

shallowbay

WiiChat Member
Aug 5, 2009
Oregon
Here’s some hints and tips for those who are interested. Some are common sense and some will come with practice. Hopefully these will help those just starting out.

If you are scanning an area and you see another player facing in your direction that is not moving … it’s very likely they may have spotted you (especially if you were running) and are sighting you in for a kill. It’s quite difficult to stop, aim, and fire accurately before they get their shots off at you. The best bet is to get cover and then engage or run to a better position.

Turn up the sound as loud as you can stand it. You can often here people approaching you, hear a grenade land near you, hear the setting of explosives charges or bouncing betties, or a swooshing noise which could be an attempt to perform a melee attack behind you. Your ears can save you if you learn what to listen for.

Every time you fire your weapon, you can give away your position on the map or another player could see your muzzle flash and or bullets flying. Suppressors and flash hiders help, but keep in mind it’s best not to stay in one area if you have gotten a few kills. The people you killed probably know where you are and are coming back to settle the score.

Find good cover locations. Be wary of the prone position unless as it greatly limits your range of movement. Be aware of you weaponry. If you are carrying a bazooka or sniper rifle, it might be sticking up giving away your position to other players.

When you are killed or during the beginnings of matches, watch the player you are spectating. You can learn a lot from how they move and play.

Use the recon plane, artillery strike, and dogs wisely. Pay attention to where people hide out and where they show up on the map. The artillery strike and then the dogs can easily lead you to victory if you use them right. If you are lucky or skilled enough to get dogs, watch where they go to sniff out other players. Sometimes dogs will approach a player that they can’t get to. Often times they will just stand in front of the player and growl. You can use this opportunity to snipe them or toss a grenade. If you are the unlucky one that has dogs coming after you (which believe me will happen) then good luck. You can shoot or slash at them, but the best bet is to try to hide and stay away from them. If you are in a room that is only accessible by ladder or in the water you should be safe from dog attacks.

Be mindful of shadows. Some can give away player positions. A good example would be the hangar. Other times it can indicate that people have used a glitch to get under the maps. Some players use ridiculous glitches to get kills. I had a player under the map in Makin follow me around the whole game slashing at me. He killed me over and over. It was quite annoying. I tried to shoot him, slash him, and blow him up, but could not. My advice is to run if you see a shadow coming at you when there is no reason for a shadow to be there.

Last, but not least … beware of your spawn position. There are many players that sit at spawn points and unload on people before you even get a chance to move. It might not be a bad idea to start running as soon as spawn until you are familiar with where you are appearing on the maps.

These are just a few thought that may or may not help you become a better player in COD World at War. Since I know some will wonder … I am a level 60 Major General, no prestige … yet.

-Shallowbay

To Noob or not to Noob

Just trying to offer some friendly advice ... take that as you will.

are u a noob? im not tryin to offend any1,.. just askin q's

Not everybody who accepts advice are noobs, some people are excellent but do ot play as much due to the fact they have lives and don't spend all day and night on it :p

Not everybody who accepts advice are noobs, some people are excellent but do ot play as much due to the fact they have lives and don't spend all day and night on it :p

i,m not tryin to offend any1! don't get pissy w/ me! oh btw, i thought u were banned... wats up with that?

hi my user name is jun41d and i am lvl 65 and want to join a clan.
any with available spaces:yesnod::wiimote:

:wii-black:does any one no haw to get unlimited rifle grenades

Last edited by a moderator:
you thought i was banned? i was, for a few days, for mentioning a web site, was deemed as advertising, but the topic had the ban uplifted and is now freely discussed here.

:wii-black:does any one no haw to get unlimited rifle grenades

yeah, extract the iso, and write it in :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back