To Buy or not to Buy ps3 for Christmas

Aussiewii1

WiiChat Member
Jul 29, 2007
That is the question

will the console be upgraded soon ? if so should i wait ?
will the blu ray format survive ?

im thinking about taking the ps2 down and trading it and some games in on a ps3 for Christmas, but there seems to be a lot of uncertainty across many areas in relation to the ps3

xbox 360 is out, cause i dont like it or the feel of the controllers, never have

when is this online virtual world supposed to come out

i can come up with the bananas by Christmas to get one, just not sure if i should yet or if i should wait.

and whats the most popular ps3 forum ? cause theres heaps :yesnod:

It's already been recently updated so it will be a while before the next PS3 update. They now have the 80gb version of the console. The virtual world is called Home, and so far, it looks like it could be a success, but it will cost money. Some games that you'd want to get for the PS3:

Resistance: Fall of Man
Motorstorm

A good PS3 forum would be PS3Chat or PS3Network.

They have launched 3 different PS3 versions in less than a year. Hold off until they pick a stable version to stick with. Those who wait are rewarded greatly.

Welcome to WiiChat. Like FR mentioned above, there was recently an update, so you should be fine for the next few months or so. Enjoy your stay here and your future PS3. :)

Well, right now the only game I really like for the PS3 is resistance, other games are just ok, but I pop resistance in every night and it keeps me entertained. I just wish it were 2 player online like gears of war. Alot of great titles coming to the PS3 though, So I think you should definitely think about PS3 this holiday season

Blu-ray as a format will definitely survive but I'd say wait on the PS3 until all the developmental kinks of whatevers going to happen with PSN and online home are worked out. Then, you'll know your getting your true moneys worth.

sagema said:
They have launched 3 different PS3 versions in less than a year. Hold off until they pick a stable version to stick with. Those who wait are rewarded greatly.

patience is good sometimes but not all

60 gig had backwards EE chip 80 GIG dosnt but it can still play backwards games

blu ray, if you havnt noticed, is plunging HD to the ground, litterly like a week ago HD wsa about to be gone forever, so yea it will last forever

listen, i know this is mean, but this is a wii forum, and people here may regret your decition, dont post here, go to this forum

ps3fourms.com

and as for the update, it should be around beggining of september and it will also release with HOME (the online community)

as for games

resistance
warhawk (FTW ^^)
heavenly sword (almost out but good reviews from places)
haze (this year ps3 exclusive ow, xbox version got cancelled)
killzone 2 (the graphics just got more awesome)
im to lazy to post more

oh and dont trust PSM magazine, the editer for psm is a xbox lover, he sent a hate mail to sony, which sony released to the public =P

If you want a $600 PS3, odds are you know the definition of patience. It takes time to save up that kind of cash for entertainment. Unless you're rich/uppermiddleclass. You lucky SOB.

Mr Money said:
I would just get an xbox 360.
and have it blow up?

i just got the ps3 yesterday. and my reaction so far is that it's great. maybe the fact that i got it for $400 is part of that, but still. i love it.

i only have oblivion, but warhawk will join my library soon.

If you do get a ps3, you better have it locked up or something.

My cousin had his stolen about a month+ ago, what's worse is it was most likely by one of our cousins (go figure :mad5: ) So you can't trust anyone ._.

WuddlePook said:
If you do get a ps3, you better have it locked up or something.

My cousin had his stolen about a month+ ago, what's worse is it was most likely by one of our cousins (go figure :mad5: ) So you can't trust anyone ._.

your cousin had a ps3 stolen by you other cousin???

may i ask how??

i have a ps3 and my cousins are at my house everyday, they dont even scratch it

well namely cause i dont let em get close to it

HD DVD is not dead. In fact last week, Universal and Dreamworks signed exclusive 18 month deal with HD DVD. transformers, shrek 3 and transformers will only be available on HD DVD. The heads of Universal and Dreamworks feel that consumers will side with price if they choose a new video format. So for the near future at least, Blu ray has not won.

In fact, if it were not for the PS3, HD DVD has sold more stand alone players than Blu ray

Back