To the mad and unsatisfied (with online play)

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
After visiting several message boards, including this one and IGN, it has come to my attention that a very large portion of Wii owners are on the verge of breaking down the doors at Nintendo and giving them what-for. All because of the complaint "Brawl doesn't have voice chat....Brawl has friend codes....Brawl this and Brawl that..."

But, where is your proof?

I want to focus on one statement, found in the Wi-Fi update on smashbros.com:

"We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy."

On top of that, there is a whole section that has been created for online play on the website under "Game Modes". Go see. But there is one word in particular in that quote...SERVICES. Is voice chat not a service? Is clan hosting not a service? Tournaments, no? Not to say that all these will happen, but no one ever said they won't. The term 'Friend Code' was never used in that update. In fact, the term 'Name' was used.

On top of all this, there are still 10 weeks left before Brawl is released. Thats 50 more updates! I'd be disappointed if they kept releasing new characters, I want them to be a surprise (at least a few)! What else are they going to release every weekday? Answer: More game modes and features! Including online services.

So you're thinking i'm an idiot because I haven't said anything about the pre-set "battle phrases", right? Well, here you go. The reason these exist, whether or not voice chat is confirmed or not, is because some people simply don't want to talk. I don't use my headset playing Madden on Xbox Live because I don't like hearing idiots talk about how awesome they are. I'd probably have the Wii headset for friends only.

That being said, give Nintendo a chance. Because honestly, it would really suck if all the info was released now. Talk about anti-hype. I wouldn't even be excited to buy the game by the time December came around!

-end

Spyro said:
So you're thinking i'm an idiot because I haven't said anything about the pre-set "battle phrases", right? Well, here you go. The reason these exist, whether or not voice chat is confirmed or not, is because some people simply don't want to talk. I don't use my headset playing Madden on Xbox Live because I don't like hearing idiots talk about how awesome they are. I'd probably have the Wii headset for friends only.

-end

I didn't realize people had common sense on gaming forums... Best point in the whole post.

Honestly, I could care less about the whole online voice chat in brawl because there is no need. Would I use it if they were to add it? Probably, but I won't die without it. I was one of the few that didn't even care if brawl had online to begin with, I figured with the type of game it was that it wouldn't be the best online game play considering lag. By the way they stated your connection with everyone made it sound like it was gonna be a little off anyways.

I love the smash bros series but to me it's like a party game that I play with friends on one screen. It's the best multi-player game because it only needs ONE screen, no little stupid split screens to tick you off. I can't wait for the game to hit, only problem is they haven't Ness yet and I donno how much fun I am going to have without my boy Ness...

Yeah I hope at one point the updates stop, the hype and all that stuff is ruining this game for me.

"We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy."

lol watch it be some mp3 **** where you have to "trade stuff" to unlock certain parts of single player

orrrrrrrrr not then this thread is all for not, we wont know till then but hope is always fun i guess.

jerry that would be stupid.. ''OH YEAH IM ABOUT TO BEAT MASTER BODY AN- wtf... need 14 more friend rosters(iforgotwhatitscalled, SILENCE I KEEL YOU!) gay

huh lol thats a gay example. what i meant was "trade coins" online and unlock a character or something

The people bitchin need to shut the **** up.
I dont care weather or not it has any of that ****, because I realize one highly overlooked fact...
*ahem*

ITS A ****ING VIDEO GAME!!! GET THE HELL OVER IT!!!

The people bitchin need to shut the **** up.
I dont care weather or not it has any of that ****, because I realize one highly overlooked fact...
*ahem*

ITS A ****ING VIDEO GAME!!! GET THE HELL OVER IT!!!

ur the only one here bitching lol

Back