Tr4mpld's "My Sims" review

NS_Tr4mpld

X-NSider
Sep 17, 2007
Tr4mpldUndrfooT's "My Sims" review

First off...

Over all, I would say the game is a good 7/10 for those of you that are animal crossing fans.

THE GOOD
It's pretty much a cross between Animal Crossing and The Sims as we all know. It has all the decorating and objectives of Animal crossing plus the creativeness of building your own house like every Sims game. You can even design your own furniture using building blocks, as the game progresses you unlock more pieces to use so you don't really get a chance to get bored with it.

THE BAD
When building the exterior of your house you would think that the interior would follow... Well guess what, you can't control the interior when it comes to walls and rooms. You can build a house the size of a door and as long as you have that door you have your same full 3 room house waiting for you inside. That really grinds my gears.

Oh and I don't think they actually have a gender selection, believe it or not I think everyone is just He-shes, you just pick your look and voice... When it comes to interaction with other townsfolk the "males" and females" all have the same responses. The guys will tickle and kiss you as well as the girls, kinda made me feel a little weird but hey, you can always just be mean... At least it gives you that option.

FINAL THOUGHT
So after I got over the fact that it doesn't matter how you design your house, it was a pretty solid game. When it comes to wasting your time this game takes the nobel prize. It starts out a little slow but once you get in the grove of everything and when you get your second star the game really picks up.

It's kinda cool to actually MAKE presents for your neighbors instead of just fishing for it or cooking it with some recipe. Animal Crossing better study hard because to compete with this game they really need to expand their game big time. The only thing I thought was missing that animal crossing had was the ability to draw your own patterns, kinda made me shed a tear, fear not I wiped my eyes not a second later and kept playing.

For those of you that don't like something cause it's "childish", well BAH to you. I'm about 22 and could care less what the game is all about as long as it keeps me interested. This game is pretty good, well worth a couple rents and a possible buy. Hey I bought it and have no regrets, if you have a girlfriend this would be a good one for her to play, mine is playing it now while she can, I don't like to share...

Last edited:
Nice review! +1 rep for you :D:D

I dont agree with you on the grade though. Not being able to control the interior of the house and guys who hug and kiss you to me would result in a 6.5 maybe. But thats just oppinion and noting really important.

Im going to try and see if I can rent this game and if I like it buy it :)

AC needs to expand jack! The N64 version got a better review than this on most game sites. I rented this, boooooooring!

animal crossing was great and addicting... for some reason. It will have online, which will make it even better, maybe introduce some special items?

cyberzomby said:
Nice review! +1 rep for you :D:D

I dont agree with you on the grade though. Not being able to control the interior of the house and guys who hug and kiss you to me would result in a 6.5 maybe. But thats just oppinion and noting really important.

Im going to try and see if I can rent this game and if I like it buy it :)

Eh you can control the interior as far as decorating goes. I haven't seen any house updates yet, don't think there are any though.

Oh and yea the whole guys kissing guys thing, eeeehhh... I try to just look away, or pretend for a second that it's just really an ugly girl getting a pity kiss :O
---------------------

and Monsteroids... Yea I guess you are entitled to your opinion, as far as animal crossing getting better reviews, well that was all opinions just like this review. You should at least give the game a chance, IF you did then sorry you didn't like it. Honestly the more I play it the more I enjoy it.

The only thing I can really add to the bad is load times, other than that everything new My Sims brings to the table kinda makes up for anything lost from Animal crossing as far as gameplay goes.

lol....i love it....im addicted to it and there are so many things to do....and its funny how they do stuff like have a dance off and the goths having a sayonce and i join...lol

Sims

Well, this is my first ever Sims game. I was looking for a WII or PS2 game similar to the Tycoon series, which I love. I was told the Sims games are similar.

Much to my dismay, I have found that this game absolutely sucks! First of all, you have to wait for it to load EVERY TIME you go into a building or different area of the outside. You also have to wait to load whenever you want to give something to your neighbors, build something, or edit something. It is very annoying.

Then, there are the demanding, selfish people, who do nothing but want more and more from you. They want tables, sinks, refrigerators, chairs, sofas, etc, etc, all decorated in a particular way otherwise they are ungrateful. I got really tired of the endless list of tasks these ingrates assigned me, and I never got around to building anything for the librarian. I finally stopped playing when the salon owner told me to go fetch her a bathtub.

I did find it quite humorous, though, when the librarian came up to me on the street and said, "Oh, look who it is, the Sim who built me an empty library."

Last edited:
Back