Twilight princess mega stuck......help please

lionman

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
For a number of reasons put down the games some months back and now decided to go back to it. Only trouble is Im stuck as to what needs doing next. When I open the game Link is in the area by the lake and has to walk up to the old boy selling lantern oil. Done that and gone to the caves that enter to the area with the purple smog. Gates are open so obviously I must haver had the key and opened it. The cave is in darkness so don't know what the issue is there.....anyway I run through the cave killing where poss and then enter the area with the smog. My understanding is you get out the lantern and a monkey appears and nicks it but then guides you through. The monkey is not showing up no matter what I try. Cant walk thru it without as you need to hold the lantern and still be able to fight off enemies......help.

I have also tried back tracking and going through the Hyule Woods fighting of the flying birds and the monsters as I go ....got these creatures dropping coloured rolling aster egg type things which go with a puff.....the other end of the area is blocked by a rock downfall.

Really doi not want to delete and astart again so any help realllllllllly appreciated :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Bloody hell, a member from '06. Welcome back.

IIRC you shouldn't need t' deal with the smog your first trip through. It shouldn't be there the first time you enter the area to save that kid (and monkey) who got themselves captured by Bokoblins. If the smog is there, I reckon you've already done that, and are at this point in the game.

And no, the part where that monkey ya saved nabs your lantern is later in the game. Assuming my above assumption ain't wrong.

Thanks for ther welcome back.......lol
No I am later in the game...I saved the kid and monkey way back....Ive tried looking at zeldadungeon walkthrough and I am now past the stage where I got sorted the 3 monkeys out and now dumped back where the lake is. It seems that I was given the key to the caves too and the lantern is full of oil.....my understanding is that when you then go thru the caves the monkey steals the lantern but guides you thru the gunk...please don't tell me I gotta start over......pllllleeeeez

Well, ya should be able t' make your way through the smog on your own anyways. Just gotta avoid any Bokoblins on the way and you'll get there alive. In case ya didn't know, you swing your lantern while it's equipped to dispel the smog in a short radius.

Careful once you reach the bank at the end, your foot can clip into a particle of smog ya haven't removed... so give it one last swing 'fore ya get outta the smog and onto safe land. Happened t' me before and made me travel through the entire place again. Wasn't amused.

tried this umpteen times and die every time.......arrgghh......anyone please help...wheres that damn monkey

have you tried equiping it to yer belt? i haven't played in a while but ya can do tht right? idk if it works the same on the smog tho, and are you entering the right part of the area, i believe theres more than one right?

Back