Lantern glitch [stuck, please help]

belink

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2006
OK im on my psp, so sry for the grammar. i just followed the monkey through the fog, and he drops the lantern. i picked it up and went to the oil shop. i noticed i didnt have it. i went back, wasnt there. i went onwards, but you need to burn a web to continue. then i loaded from an earlier save, wasnt there. i dont want to replay the entire game. is there a solution? thanks in advance.

Last edited:
ouch, never heard of such a glitch. Did you have multiple saves backed up? And none of them have the lantern when you load them?

LOL im glad i bought a bottle of latern oil! :D! LOL always prepare for the worse.

if you swing your lantern you can make the fog move away like the monkey did.

No, he means he doesn't have the lantern at all any more :S

Silly question but have you checked your item inventory and not just you d-pad and b trigger?

lol i know what u mean wen da monkey finishes he drops it and u never picked it up,so u will have 2 start again i don't know any other way srry :(

Taero said:
No, he means he doesn't have the lantern at all any more :S

Silly question but have you checked your item inventory and not just you d-pad and b trigger?
Yep.
LOL im glad i bought a bottle of latern oil! ! LOL always prepare for the worse.
I did... though I dont have the lantern anymore...
Buy a new lantern?
Where?
lol i know what u mean wen da monkey finishes he drops it and u never picked it up,so u will have 2 start again i don't know any other way srry
Poo. :(

belink said:
Yep.
I did... though I dont have the lantern anymore...
Where?
Poo. :(

I'd imagine the guy who gave you the lantern will know you lost it or something. He'll ask if you want to buy a new one I think. It's worth a try.

Well I did.. the shopkeeper is a talking bird though. And you have to dip the lantern in to get the oil.

lol no 1 gets it do dey
ok here goes.
he never piked up hiis lanturn and the purple gas is stopping him from gettiong back 2 da guy 2 buy a new 1 so he cant buy another 1 or do anything in the game anymore so he has 2 start again and not be a bnoob next time.
woh

so he has 2 start again and not be a bnoob next time.
I did pick up the lantern, but when I walk to the shop to get the oil its GONE! :/ I can go back to the place the monkey dropped it but its disappeared. I would continue normally but to continue after the shop you need to burn a spider web, and you cant without a lantern.

Back