UK Scientists make fake blood(ya rly)

En4Neo

Jet-Set-Jesse
Feb 10, 2007
Researchers in the UK are developing artificial blood that could potentially replace real blood in emergency situations, promising a tremendous impact for military and emergency medical service applications.

The blood is made up of plastic molecules that hold an iron atom at their core. Like hemoglobin, the artificial blood binds oxygen and transports it throughout the body.

This 'plastic blood' can be stored as a thick paste and dissolved in water when needed. Because of this, it's much easier to transport and store than the real thing.

Donated blood only lasts for about a month. After that, it must be discarded.

'Plastic blood' on the other hand, can last significantly longer and - unlike real blood - remains stable at room temperature.

OMG the future is here.

This is cool and all, but what about the vampires that need blood to survive? Now they'll have to resort to actual violence if they can't get real blood through hospitals.

http://www.discoverychannel.ca/reports/article.aspx?aid=1145

Last edited:
I like your stories......you're gonna be hired for the newspaper someday.

Will it taste the same ?

Im just askin for a errrrr friend yeah thats it

I'll bet the first human test subject 'splodes. Stupid scientists always have to play God.

::fetal position:: FUUUUTTTUUURRREEEE......FUUUUUTTTTTUUUUURRREEEEE ::fetal position::

im i BELIEVE type A positive and my BF is O. i gotta check my vest. department requires us to write our blood types on our vests incase of serious bodily harm

Back