what a ripoff!!!!

SamiAmiaM said:
Set your statements to: "Where do you live?", "Where you live."(To answer the question), "What is your friendcode?", and "Your friendcode." This way you can add random people that live close to you that you enjoyed playing so you can fight a human close to your skill level.

Your d-pad is disabled in the random world combat matches specifically so you can not do that. Therefore there is no way of communication and if you find yourself enjoying a match between a player and yourself just forget about it because you'll never meet that person again for sure. It's even worse than mario strikers.

Mingus said:
Your d-pad is disabled in the random world combat matches specifically so you can not do that. Therefore there is no way of communication and if you find yourself enjoying a match between a player and yourself just forget about it because you'll never meet that person again for sure. It's even worse than mario strikers.

Well in that case just play friends and forget about the Random mode.

Edit: Plus I heard on the headset support thread that they were pre written messages. Oh wait just read what you said again. My bad. Maybe they will have a rating system based on responses made by ur opponents so that you can only play with people at your skill level or above. Just a thought.

Last edited:
The Wii itself needs a chat room for gamers to meet. If they can launch something like Battle.net then it's ok. I really hope Nintendo continues making progress in online gaming. I'm just glad they have finally given me an online Nintendo game. I don't count portable consoles.

SamiAmiaM said:
Maybe they will have a rating system based on responses made by ur opponents so that you can only play with people at your skill level or above. Just a thought.

They will also have no rating system so that people don't feel intimidated when playing certain players with extreme high ratings. Therefore it's completely random and you could be the best and play the worst and vice versa.

You guys can bet that there's going to be some sort of Brawl IRC room.

Might not be WiiChat hosted, though.

But friend codes aren't really a hurdle anymore.
Custom Robo Arena, despite the few people who play it, has a chat room that I go to and find matches.

Plus ALOT of my friends are getting this.

So, I'm in the clear.

This still would be an amazing game even without online.
It just makes it convinient so other people don't have to huddle in one house.

sagema said:
The Wii itself needs a chat room for gamers to meet. If they can launch something like Battle.net then it's ok. I really hope Nintendo continues making progress in online gaming. I'm just glad they have finally given me an online Nintendo game. I don't count portable consoles.

I think we can agree on that. I do count portables and how good of a job Ninty did with the DS though. I just wonder if they're not putting as much effort into the Brawl WiFi mode. I mean Pokemon has a headset... MKDS has almost flawless play and when you're searching for players it gives you their DS username. A Wii chat room would rock though. You could put on parental settings that your kids could only join private rooms and privatre rooms would have passwords so that your kids could only talk to relatives and such... my mind is full of ideas(and mucus... god I have a terrible head cold!)

Monsteroids said:
I think we can agree on that. I do count portables and how good of a job Ninty did with the DS though. I just wonder if they're not putting as much effort into the Brawl WiFi mode. I mean Pokemon has a headset... MKDS has almost flawless play and when you're searching for players it gives you their DS username. A Wii chat room would rock though. You could put on parental settings that your kids could only join private rooms and privatre rooms would have passwords so that your kids could only talk to relatives and such... my mind is full of ideas(and mucus... god I have a terrible head cold!)

sakurai dosn't work for nintendo, so stop saying "why didn't nintendo do this for brawl"

and who knows maybe they'll change it in the future

mushroomedmario said:
sakurai dosn't work for nintendo, so stop saying "why didn't nintendo do this for brawl"

and who knows maybe they'll change it in the future

FINE HAL Laboratory OK or whatever!!!! They're still close partners.

Last edited:
no he dosn't work for hal anymore lol, he quit...we just know that he started his own company, and he's working with a brand new development team.....hal is not making this game

mushroomedmario said:
no he dosn't work for hal anymore lol, he quit...we just know that he started his own company, and he's working with a brand new development team.....hal is not making this game

This is Nintendo's game. They have all rights by use of every Nintendo character. Nintendo is simply using this company to develop the game.

I'm sure Nintendo thought of something for that. Like how you could smash with the C stick in Vs. mode but not in single player modes. They'll do something like that.

I would have less of a problem with Friend Codes IF we only had to use our Wii one. Instead of getting a new one with every single online game we get.

Back