What anime are you watching at the moment?

Currently Kanon
I might rewatch Shigurui since its now got a longer name that dose not describe what its about
http://www.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=84
"Death Frenzy"?
Sure theres fairly realistic killing but its not got a hig body count

Aw whats wrong with Bleach? :prrr::D and also I'm being lame and watching Samurai X for the 10th billionth, at 5:24 in the morning :p
I think you should ask "Whats right with Bleach?"
To witch my response will be "It starts out well"

Watching ouran high school host club it looks good i have figured out its a boy on the first part of the anime people dont tell me please.

(Well technically its a reverse trap)

I'm still not going to watch it. Not so much because of hype aversion, but because I don't like shounen.
Laggans good
But I prefer the dub of it
Gosh, Prinny, you just had to spoil the premise of the series for him. :lol:
I think if you dont know she is a he by the end of the first episode you have to be slower than Slowpoke

Like this bit dosnt give it away

FAP FAP FAP

I finished ergo proxy yays!

Cyber punk animes always squige so much psychological stuff in at the end. Yet leave it bare with some episode.

e.g: one episode of ergo proxy
GOT NO FOOD!

o_O.... *autoreiv runs around like a bunny*
then they never mention it again...ish.

Just watched a Satoshi Kon movie, Perfect Blue. Very good. Kinda wonder why it was an anime movie, but it was well done nonetheless! Brilliant stuff really!

I think I might try Paprika. I heard that it doubles as a Evangelion voice cast reunion... Interesting.

While doing so, I will give myself mood whiplash by watching Howls Moving Castle which I found spectacular!

The only problem is that Ghibli, no Hayao's movies seem to cop out and sputter before it reaches the end. They very are good, but I find the conclusions could have been improved here and there.

In Howl, as soon as Sophie became a time lord my Willing Suspension of Disbelief was broken. For a minute, I was just like "What the hell just happened...". From there it was cute, but somewhat sloppily tied up in my opinion.

Spirited Away would be the worst offender here. It was fantastic, but it started running out of plot when Chihiro got on the ghost train thing. Yubaba's "final test" was also totally unnecessary in my view. Overall I loved the movie, but I'm too critical to let it be.

:devil:

EDIT: Oh and Prinny, I must agree when I quote matty poo(flipping awesome name) "Well played" indeed!
I have a friend who is nuts about Bleach. I don't understand it at all...

I'll be honest when I say I liked the first 17 episodes of Naruto and the character of Anko, but Bleach was never something I could get into... Yet, surprisingly enough, Naruto and Code Geass were... To the point where I finished Code Geass(and played it's LOOSE spiritual successor Tales of Vesperia). Not Naruto though... Seriously... I watched a good chunk of Naruto (to episode... 30-something) and then skipped to episode 126-135 and then I stopped there.

With Bleach, I watched episode 1 and 2 of the dub(I personally like the voices of Johnny Young Bosch and Michelle Ruff... Yeah, somebody shoot me now). I just did not like ANYTHING about the concept and the fight choreography bored me to death.

Last edited:
I'm still not going to watch it. Not so much because of hype aversion, but because I don't like shounen.

Going to have to disagree with your decision there Napalm. Generalizing anime because they are "aimed" at certain ages is a bad move, Gurren Laggan had to have been one of the best anime I've seen, nit picking aside. Yes I know everyone has their own opinion, but it's worth atleast a look at, watch the first few episodes and then make your decision.

Ikki... something that starts with a T.

Ikki Toursen? Ikki Totem Pole?

I can't remember the second word, but that's what I'm watching.

Do you mean Ikki Tousen... The one where the school students fight with each other...
Currently watching
Its rare for a sean to have no fan service

I'll be honest when I say I liked the first 17 episodes of Naruto and the character of Anko,
To bad we dont see much of her in the new session

Naruto needs more Anko!! Unfortunately... Apparently Kishimoto says he has a problem writing female characters... Gah!! Damn you! Funny, I read somewhere that Anko was his preferred female character because of her past and personality. Well then, care to expand on that so the series can become entertaining again... I watched her filler arc. It still needed even moar Anko I say.

Honestly, from what I remember I only really liked Naruto, Anko, Kakashi and kinda sorta Shikamaru. Most I don't remember and from what I've read about the series (decided to read a synopsis) it's become a convoluted mess of Kill-em-all and continuity handwaves. Uhhh... No thanks. Anko, Kakashi and Naruto kicking ass is all I really need here. Screw that Sasuke guy! Sakura sounds like she may have taken a level in badass though... A few hundred chapters beyond my patience.

*sigh* Damn, I wasted a half-hour catching up on a B-rated Shounen series. Why...

Oh yeah, I liked Paprika!!! Anime dream acid sequences that border on Nightmare Fuel are always good! Satoshi Kon = I recommend!! :thumbsup:

To be honest I liked Perfect Blue more though. More realistic... Less Animeish while still animated. It's weird, I can't explain. Perfect Blue and Paprika are fairly heavy duty and pretty gory with jump cuts galore. You have been warned!

Any opinions on Tokyo Godfathers or Millennium Actress before I watch would be nice.

I'll stop at your first sentance to say that Naruto needs more cancelation. I'd be so happy. :D

Back