What anime are you watching at the moment?

Going to have to disagree with your decision there Napalm. Generalizing anime because they are "aimed" at certain ages is a bad move, Gurren Laggan had to have been one of the best anime I've seen, nit picking aside. Yes I know everyone has their own opinion, but it's worth atleast a look at, watch the first few episodes and then make your decision.
Look, I'm not saying it's objectively bad, I just don't like the genre.

Oh yeah, I liked Paprika!!! Anime dream acid sequences that border on Nightmare Fuel are always good! Satoshi Kon = I recommend!! :thumbsup:

To be honest I liked Perfect Blue more though. More realistic... Less Animeish while still animated. It's weird, I can't explain. Perfect Blue and Paprika are fairly heavy duty and pretty gory with jump cuts galore. You have been warned!
Ah, I see you've discovered the works of Satoshi Kon. :thumsup:

Any opinions on Tokyo Godfathers or Millennium Actress before I watch would be nice.
They're both awesome. Tokyo Godfathers doesn't have any of the mind-trip stuff of his other works, but it's a nice film nonetheless.

I'd also recommend checking out his series, Paranoia Agent.

Well I'll definitely look into more Satoshi Kon works! Also I've added yet another movie to my list of "waiting to be viewed":

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

A 2006 film about well, exactly as it says above!

It's produced by the animation studio Madhouse(animated Satoshi Kon's works) and distributed through Kadokawa Herald Pictures. Is THIS film good... Should I be as giddy as I am to see it. The trailer looks neat. I'm quite excited here!

Last edited:
Well I'll definitely look into more Satoshi Kon works! Also I've added yet another movie to my list of "waiting to be viewed":

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

A 2006 film about well, exactly as it says above!

It's produced by the animation studio Madhouse(animated Satoshi Kon's works) and distributed through Kadokawa Herald Pictures. Is THIS film good... Should I be as giddy as I am to see it. The trailer looks neat. I'm quite excited here!
Oh yes, it's an excellent film.

Hurrah!! My only thought at the moment is that the main character looks like a female cross between Naota and Shinji. I can't really watch it now, but it looks awesome.

finished watching:
To aru Majutsu no Index- eh, its allright... probably gonna be a second season and looking forward to the Railgun spin-off.
White Album- The first 13 eps anyway, the next 13 to air next winter. It wasn't bad, expecting some more development in the second half.
School Days- So nice at first, but the ending is insane... a nice twist on the typical high school romance anime
Toradora!- Pretty nice high school love anime, i really liked this one...
Minami-Ke Okaeri- Seems the original is still the best...
Also been watching Higurashi Rei...

I saw teh movie! The Girl Who Leaped Through Time!!!

The end kinda confused me though... Kind of... Some Timey Wimey Fridge Logic, but it was fantastic overall.

Currently watching rideback, decent story line with good visual effects. Short but good.

DONT SPOIL THE END
Im waiting for Frosti's sub of it as there one of the few groups that dont mess around with shitty MKV formats
Why would I want to turn the subs off?

Just watched One Piece 395

Heres the new opening
[video=youtube;SOyr1Ywprss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOyr1Ywprss[/video]

Ill wait till its up to episode 400 then bulk watch them
Bloody hell that many!
How it gets a ending soon

Well I did decide on a new anime to watch
Dragonball Kai
I know I hated the second series but it without filler and redone (ok not that much so far but I have seen a few bits it didnt have last time)

Why did Gurren Lagann end THAT way... T^T
Beautiful in it's own way, but...
Owned by TVTropes.org for slacking.
gurrenlagann-discontinuity.jpg
Thank you Photobucket! Oh how I love thee.
It's the way I feel. Oh god, I can't help it!!!

Last edited:
Ah Gurren Laggan one of the all time best animes of all time if you ask me.

One Piece would have done better if the anime didn't try to make it as kiddy or have got crappy voice actors for the Sky Land arc. They should bring it back on Adult Swim so that it shows it in full glory. Big One Piece fan. Love Luffy's new trick he developes when trying to save Robin. Nice theme song for the series. I need to continue reading the manga, I stoped about 10 chaptors after Brook joined.

Back