What anime are you watching at the moment?

Currently watching Death Note.

Yeah I'd recommend it to anyone who fancies a semi-serious anime.

Currently watching Death Note.

Yeah I'd recommend it to anyone who fancies a semi-serious anime.

I found it wasn't taking itself seriously enough for what it was trying to convey, moral axis concepts. The starting idea is absurd, but what really did it for me was the slow pacing, bishonen fanservice and filler. Blllrggh... The Yaoi fangirls just beat a dead rotting horse into my memory after that.

The animation was good though.

Why where people complaining about "THE ENDLESS EIGHT"?
To me it wasn't as repetitive as Hell Girl

I watched Cowboy Bebop and Trigun about 2 years ago. I watched them both through and through, loved them, and then I had the misfortune of catching an episode or two of Inuyasha. It was then that I knew- I had watched the best of them, and no longer needed to watch another.

I watched Cowboy Bebop and Trigun about 2 years ago. I watched them both through and through, loved them, and then I had the misfortune of catching an episode or two of Inuyasha. It was then that I knew- I had watched the best of them, and no longer needed to watch another.

No my dear friend the best is Serial Experiments Lain. From the music to the setting. Everything in that show is brilliant.

No my dear friend the best is Serial Experiments Lain. From the music to the setting. Everything in that show is brilliant.

The best anime is always a cause for debate.
But what I think he was saying was that he had seen the best that Inuyasha had to offer

But what I think he was saying was that he had seen the best that Inuyasha had to offer

Well, no, sort of. What I was trying to hint at was that- I don't really like anime at all, and that while there are few good ones, most tend to be over the top and far too annoying for my tastes.

I could make a thread, but I can't be bothered because all the ani-noobs would just vote for Death Note and Naruto.

Personally I'd say Monster is the best anime ever.

I could make a thread, but I can't be bothered because all the ani-noobs would just vote for Death Note and Naruto.

Personally I'd say Monster is the best anime ever.

Yeah. That one's pretty darn good.
Go ahead make a thread. I'll at least get a cheap laugh or two... or a few thousand.

Well, no, sort of. What I was trying to hint at was that- I don't really like anime at all, and that while there are few good ones, most tend to be over the top and far too annoying for my tastes.

What ones have you seen that you like and maybe we can recommend some good ones.
Better still what are your favourite TV/Toons/Films then we can try to give you a few to try out.
Napalm was once like you.
But he changed

What ones have you seen that you like and maybe we can recommend some good ones.
Better still what are your favourite TV/Toons/Films then we can try to give you a few to try out.
Napalm was once like you.
But he changed
He's right, you know. Although in some way I'm still like you, because I've never really liked the more kiddy, over-the-top kind of anime. Basically what I'm saying is, anime does have more great stuff to offer (such as Monster and Serial Experiments Lain, as mentioned above).

I admit that some of my tastes are rather immature, but that goes for a lot of things. I'm the type of person who will watch The Silence of the Lambs, Russian Cartoons, Scarface, Mean Girls, and End of Evangelion in one night and top it off with Electroplankton... so yeah.

Ah... I guess I'm still a bit wishy-washy for a geek.

Serial Experiments really spoke to me though. It was also far more complete than say... Evangelion.

Coming soon(or when im back on a proper computer)
A list of a load of anime you should try before dissimissing all of it as shite
There will be a few I hate but it will be helpfull
Im gonna keep it to 26 episode ones (witch is a shame as some of my faves are long)
ill try to keep it at about 50

Back