What anime are you watching at the moment?

no it's not.

There are more filler arks than there are actual plot ones

That is why I stopped watching it
That and for a series that is mostly about fighting it was all copy paste storylines and fights

The only anime where is is acceptable is Gintama
Where the filler arks are better than the plot ones

Agent of the Shinigami arc,Soul Society arc, Bount arc(fillar), Aarancar arc, Hueco Mundo arc part 1, Captain Amagi arc(fillar), Hueco Mundo arc part 2, Fake Karakura Town arc, Zanpaktou arc(fillar/current)
3 fillar arcs compared to 5 canon arcs (hueco mundo arc wasn't supposed to be interupted) yeah, i definately see more fillar

How to sum up Serial Experiments Lain in one sentence
I got
"A girls cyber head trip via the means of the internet"
If you have seen the wikis plot bit about it
Serial Experiments Lain deals directly with the definition of reality, which makes its complex plot difficult to summarize
Yeah getting that into one sentence was hard
Eden of the East
Girl meets naked boy in Washington and trouble follows
Im trying to not give away major plot details

Any other recommendations?
I got 26 series so far
Trying to get it to 30
Thinking about putting Helsing and R.O.D. on there as I remember them being quite good.
The latter thought would have to have a "Watch after the OVA"

Bizarrly I have not put Haruhi on there
Mainly due to the messed up episode order

Agent of the Shinigami arc,Soul Society arc, Bount arc(fillar), Aarancar arc, Hueco Mundo arc part 1, Captain Amagi arc(fillar), Hueco Mundo arc part 2, Fake Karakura Town arc, Zanpaktou arc(fillar/current)
3 fillar arcs compared to 5 canon arcs (hueco mundo arc wasn't supposed to be interupted) yeah, i definately see more fillar
FILLER I SAY!!

Ergo Proxy
Hooray a good sires so far
Good series, although I felt they should have reduced it to 13 episodes and cut out the padding in the second half.

Yeah it makes a change as K-on was just moe related crap with little depth.
Its supposed to be funny, but I rarely laughed so it must be The Office/Peepshow funny

Any other recommendations?
I got 26 series so far
Trying to get it to 30
Thinking about putting Helsing and R.O.D. on there as I remember them being quite good.
The latter thought would have to have a "Watch after the OVA"

Bizarrly I have not put Haruhi on there
Mainly due to the messed up episode order
if you're gonna watch Helsing, i suggest the OVA. it's better and stays truer to the actual Helsing story.
FILLER I SAY!!
stubborn fool

you are if you refuse to admit you're wrong when sombody proves you wrong

FILLERS!!
Long (and short) filler storylines.
Even the fights are filler.
How can they justify somebody standing there going "raaagh" for a few minutes?
(Apart from its a generic fighting anime thing that isn't in some of the better ones)

yeah they extend the fights but what anime based off a manga doesn't? thats like saying any anime like that is fillar. and the only time you occasionally get a pure fillar episode is inbetween arcs(like the beach episode)
but overall the bleach anime is mostly canon

@Prinny:
Do you have Death Note and/or Kanon (2006) on your list?

@Shadow:
Bleach is filler. And a basic story; the world/a friend is in danger, carrot top has to save the world/friend. Villain owns him in their first battle, he goes to train and beats the villain in the end. Something along those lines.

yeah they extend the fights but what anime based off a manga doesn't?

Heres three

History's strongest disciple Kenichi (only last fight goes on)
Hajime No ippo (same)
Samurai X (not the series)

Code Geass, again.

Prinny, what did you think about Soul Eater? I finally finished it 2 weeks ago and was disappointed.

Last edited:
Back