What are Nintendo doing??

Maxiedge

WiiChat Member
Mar 5, 2007
I mean come on seriously, what the hell is going on with the Wii??!!

About 4 months ago (when I got the Wii) I was over the moon and excited with the potential shown by the Wiimote.

Whats happening now is that we're getting re-hashed 3rd rate games with added wiimote capability being passed off as new releases.

What's with that cooking game? How about that marble game? How can these be passed off as full titles at full price?

Spiderman 3 on the Wii.... that's freagin' N64 graphics!! I would rather web sling with the Xbox 360 through a high def city than do it on the Wiimote with outdated graphics no matter how crap the Xbox game might be.

Super Paper Mario!??!! I mean seriously, have the games designers just said their first words??

Mario Galaxy and Metroid, fair enough, they will be awesome but as for the rest of the games (Zelda apart<---originally for Gamecube) they are ALL 3rd rate.

I think one of the reasons I've posted this is that it's a good time for me to get a Wii game, in terms of spare time, but I only have the option of which crap stinks less.

spiderman 3 dont look too bad hardly n64 graphics... and ill agree about cooking mama that game is a lil iffy.. but the kid loves it so im not going to complain.

you are going to have to paitent for good games, i know it sucks and its hard but theres nothing else you can do but wait... i have no problem waiting and i know alot of the others here dont mind the wait... DL some VC games to kill time

what about godfather i heard great things about that and red steel isnt bad

sorry the graphics arent jumping out at ya but you got what you paid for so dont be mad at nintendo its not their fault.

I mean if you put me in a hold and put my head in a toilet and forced me to choose a game then ,yeah, I would get Godfather.

But that's the point, I don't want to spend my money on something that doesn't reach out to me.

I don't want good at best I want great (especially for 40 pounds here in London).

Dumbass_Luigi said:
...and who cares about graphics.....wii is fun.

Just becasue a game is Wiimote compatible can't hide or make up for that fact that most of the games are lazy efforts, and one of the side issues of this is poor graphics.

Juneau said:
All i'm saying is don't put down Super Paper Mario until you play it.

I don't want to play it. The playability might be ok but, as a 26 year old, I'm not going to sit there moving Daisy around cutesy-wootsy land.

I both agree and disagree with the OP here.

The Wii is seriously lacking in decent original Wii specific games. I was disappointed in what WarioWare: Smooth Moves at to offer. I'm not about to go spend my money on these Movie titles like Chicken Run or Billy and Mandy. I know they probably have their place and they may have some fun aspects... but that just doesn't do it for me.

Half arsed ports are another thing. They can do well if done right, like The Godfather: Black Hand Edition did... I hope more game developers follow Godfathers examples. Farcry isn't worth it, and neither is Call of Duty 3, even if I heard it wasn't a horrible port.

Now Super Paper Mario is an excellent title. It reminds me of the old school Mario Bros. games and that, in my opinion, is a great thing. It just feels like third parties are chugging out crap games too often and not focusing on decent game play mechanics while Nintendo is doing a great job with mechanics but isn't putting out more than one decent title a month... Not bad, but not good enough for most of us.

My question is when will the flood gates open? When will decent 3rd party games come out and when will the great Nintendo games that we have come to love over the years finally be available on the shelves of our local game shops?

metroid

when metroid prime and mario galaxy come out then "wii" shall see what the wii can do so just be patient

your commonly known as a "shallow gamer" some one who only sees graphics, an not gameplay. im surprised you bought a wii, most gamers like you buy a 360.

Th wii has been out for 6 months....(just) you can expect huge games so soon. you have to wait a while.

SSBB, Sadness, Manhunt 2...and yes Godfather is excellent.

i totally agree with otto. most people knew when they bought the console that it wouldn't have the greatest graphics so its pointless sayin that.

It takes 2-5 years to make a good game. The awful games can be made in 6 months to a year now. Trust me, you'd rather wait for a great game, than sink $50-$60 on an awful one. This is true for all three consoles. You'll have to wait until they start cranking out the good games. The 360 needed a full year to start launching great games.

The Wii is doing awful in releasing good, mature games...so far their stuck with releasing kiddy games like super paper mario. However i shall be patient and wait till they start to properly release games for the Wii...by properly i mean that they will start to release Wii release only games, i think so far, all these "3rd rate" games are just testers to see the wiis performance within the gaming market without taking major sacrifices, by creating a game that pushes the console to the limit, just like what microsoft did, they took their time going about releasing a game like gears of war.

you have to be patient, you cant expect the wii console to come out and have all these unbelievable games lined up, as people say it does take a while, for example look at the 360, took it a while to get up and running and now it's a great system with online play, there are too many people complaining these days, just be patient.

Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay.
I say give it some time for the good games to be released. I agree the Spider-man game looks really bad but that doesn't mean all the following games will be the same. The Wii has only been released for a few months, so wait a bit more.

Back