What's the definition of 'hardcore' game?

There's different views towards hardcore. You could say Pokemon is even hardcore. Hardcore badass - God of War, hardcore extremist - Pokemon Red, Yellow, Blue, Leaf Green, Purple, and whatever else there is lol.

BTW, I didn't read anyones post's, so...I could be off topic by now.

Well my definition of a hardcore gamer is someone who is very serious about games and puts a lot of time into playing them.

Joe said:
Well my definition of a hardcore gamer is someone who is very serious about games and puts a lot of time into playing them.

I agree with that! I don't think a game has to have a certain theme or atmosphere in order to be considered "hardcore". I think any game can be hardcore depending on what the player does with it. For example, Wii Sports could easily be considered a "casual" game for anyone who just plays it for fun for and hour or two with friends per day. However, I don't want to be a "hardcore fag", but I think that playing it every day, even alone, trying to get all platinum medals in the training events (like what I do), could be considered "hardcore". Likewise, someone could play and beat Gears of War once on the easiest difficulty and then be done with it. I wouldn't consider that very "hardcore".

By the way, thanks for creating this thread, eskiemong, the same question has been bothering me for a long time. Take some rep.

Well, that's my shpeel. I think that the hardcore-ness of a game depends on how it is played.

Back