What console owns the top quality games?

daviduk200

The XBOX 360 Guy
Jul 18, 2007
Scotland
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
well, basically, here i will, use the average rating of the top 20 games for all consoles, and make an average of the top 20 games ratings, which will shown the average quality of the top games on each console.

Xbox 360.

top 20 games
86-96, range 10

average 90.9/100

Playstation 3

top 20 games
84-94 range 10

average 86.95/100

Wii

Top 20 games
76-97 range 21

Average 83.05/100

well if you want quantity of quality games go for 360.
but if you want the best rated game, go for Wii
if you looking for an average console PS3

one thing thats truly scar is, wiis number 20 game is 76%,
on 360 you have to go all the way down to 126th game to get 76%
and 55th game on PS3
not scary just changes my perspective

PS3 has only got 6 games under 50% out of 130
360 has only got 29, but out of 340 of the rated games
Wii has 28 out of 157.

its shocking

but for gameplay, WII

son what ya think, do you agree with those stats, i think do, wii does have some great games but it lacks them a lot. really does

imagine if it were an average of all the games for each console, what do you think would be ontop then, probably 360 again,

wii would prob be bottom again, it has more games rated lower than 50% than any of the others.

really down to cheap selfish companies, who make cheap crappy games, aimed at kidds n families, like ninjabread man, and omg they r making a sequal.

anyway what do you think?

Last edited:
The answer is the Xbox 360.

If anyone says otherwise, they lied.

Everyone knows 360 has top reviewed games, but its not like anyone cares. If you bought a Wii you didn't buy it for that.

but why buy a console if its games are crap.

i have all three but wii is my fave so, i may sound hypocritical, but i am really starting to realise, wii has **** games, bar 10 or so.

but cant wait for like 5 games this year. smas bros n mario kart, hell yeah

1. Because you don't have to buy every single game. All some people want is 5 stellar games, and the wii can give you that much atleast.
2. Because its games give you a different experience. Both the console and its games play key roles in a person's choice in what console to buy, not just one or the other.

yeah i agree, i mean i think wiis controls boost all its games scores by at least. 5% no matter how bad the game.

but for me a hardcore gamer, who has ridiculously got 14 new games in past 2 weeks, i know ridiculouse, usually, it only like 1 game a week,some times more sometimes less

i have had a total of 25 wii games. and im dissapointed, iv kept 7, that i really like,

You see, thats the problem. A hardcore wii player can't buy a wii with the mindset that they are going to have a huge selection of good games. I own...six games? And I'm completely happy with my collection.

The difference is that with the Xbox 360, you could have a stellar collection of 25 games.

daviduk200 said:
yeah i agree, i mean i think wiis controls boost all its games scores by at least. 5% no matter how bad the game.

but for me a hardcore gamer, who has ridiculously got 14 new games in past 2 weeks, i know ridiculouse, usually, it only like 1 game a week,some times more sometimes less

i have had a total of 25 wii games. and im dissapointed, iv kept 7, that i really like,

Not true, on average most of the games have been hurt because of bad controls which result in bad reviews. Especially games that are multiplatform and the Wii is usually the worst.

I have 5 games, I like 4 of them. Ive burrowed 2 other Wii games that I did not like. One good thing is Wii players who are hardcore don't have to spend as much because there's only a few worth buying. But its a 2 way road because most hardcore players buy alot of games unlike the casuals.

For my Xbox I have 14 games, I like 13 of them. Perfect Dark Zero being the game I did not like.

yeah same i am really happy with my collection, and out of the 25 iv had iv only been truly dissapointed with about 10, and yes mario galaxy was one of them (way way to easy but fun)

but the 7 iv still got i love, so havent taken them back..

but i love the fun the console brings its so fun, but not enough good games to play with it.

i dont like 360 except its online, and after playing with wii, i never got into PS3 very well, but mostly cause so far its all average games

i want more, but we/ im not getting more

im running out of things to do, forcing me to buy games for 360 which i hate the console. online good though

but gr8 point t3kn9n3 i forgot about that mostly cause iv never got a game which controls sucked, cause i avoided them,

ill rephrase that, if done correctly, i think all games are boosted by around 5% for wi controls
but done bad will lower it, or leave it as it is

Last edited:
advantages to each system in a nutshell:

wii = intuitive controls and plenty of variety in games
360 = stunning graphics and great online capability
ps3 = ...shiny?

360 has the better games, but the console is too unreliable
PS3 has the best hardware, but the games sucks
Wii has the less powerful hardware, the games are ok, but they could be better

Its kind of stupid but i got my wii because i wanted to play FPS on it.......but i like some other games on it like RE4....i personally dont like the 360 but i do sort of like the PS3 but the idea for FPS on analogue sticks has gotten old...so the Wii was my choice and i am very glad with that =]

In my opinion Wii Rulezzzz!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wii definitely lacks strength in its depth of games available, and this can mostly be traced back to the Gamecube. There are plenty of games that were multiplatform releases, for GC/Xbox/PS2, but ended up only going on to stay with Xbox and PS because Gamecube players just didn't support the releases. One good example here is the Burnout series of arcade racing games... Burnout 1 and 2 were rated quite highly (8 to 8.5 average scores, I think), but discontinued on Gamecube after that because of ridiculously poor sales. Where is Burnout now? Just look at Burnout Paradise... it's something Nintendo systems will probably never come close to seeing. The situation is the same for a lot of other games that you see on Xbox or PS but not Wii... a lot of 3rd party developers just don't want to bother with the apparent stupidity of Nintendo gamers, whether it's because Nintendo gamers only buy Nintendo games or if they're just plain stupid and wouldn't know a good game if it slapped them in the face. I mean, why the hell is an overpriced piece of crap like Mario Sonic at the Olympics selling better than cheaper, deeper, and more creative and good value games like Zack & Wiki, or Mercury Meltdown Revolution? For the $50 that Mario Sonic Olympics costs, you could get BOTH of the other games. Unfortunately, the lack of support that most Wii owners give to 3rd-party games will continue to contribute to this acute shortage of good games on the Wii. Nintendo can only produce so many blockbusters per year.

zack n wicki n mercury meltdown is not sold everywhere, my target walmart n kmart doesn't have em but they have mario n sonic at the olympics

Back