What controller are you going to use?

Originally posted by Chewy: (sorry, I don't know how to quote)

The one control that I'm probably not going to use is the wii remote and nunchuck, because swinging the remote probably won't always respond as fast as simply pressing a button.

You can set up the control scheme however you want, meaning that you can either choose to or choose not to use the motion conrtols when using the Wiimote and nunchuck.
Check this out:
HTML:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various14.html

No one seems to want to use the classic controller... I don't have one yet so I can't comment. But I'm definetely going to stop using my gamecube controllers, because the kids are always tangling in the cords! Not gonna get wave birds, just gonna get used to the wiimote/nunchuk probably.

I'll probably try the wiimote and nunchuck first, then gc controller and use whichever one works best for me.

I bought an official GC controller just for this game. The game doesn't not support the analog shoulder buttons anymore. This means that you'll have to press the button all the way down inorder for it to register. I removed my springs in the shoulder triggers and it worked great.

I started to use the nunchuck combo but I found that there's not enough buttons to access quickly. The grab is mapped on the < and > on the wiimote dpad and it's really annoying. I changed it to <, V and > but it still felt awkward. I like how they have the motion sensing option for the nunchuck combo. You can swing your wiimote < and > for fsmash and V and ^ for up and down smash. But it kinda hurts your wrist after a while.

My friend lent me his Classic controller after I let him play Brawl at my house. I'm gonna try that soon.

i'm just gonna have to find a controller i can get the feel for first

Gamecube! i have experience with ssbm

but the wiimote when their swinging their controller around trying to glide ill just be using my stick. ^_^

Im definately gonna master the classic controller... why use the crappy old GCC... That would be like saying "I want to use the N64 controller cause it is compatible with gamecube... No, its a completely different system, completely different game both by feeling and combos etc... why not master the new controller for that system... other then the fact that you may not want to buy a classic controller... Thats my opinion

depends who i'm playing as, if i'm playing as snake, wiimote + nunchuck for his final smash, pit the regular wii mote, everyone else still unsure of.

Gamecube controller for me, at least for my more serious matches i.e, online etc.
But I will be willing to try out all of the different methods for sure, Gamecube is just my preferred choice.

Dkw0101 said:
depends who i'm playing as, if i'm playing as snake, wiimote + nunchuck for his final smash, pit the regular wii mote, everyone else still unsure of.
The game support absolutely zero pointer support. Only a little bit of motion sensing.

Yes, that means in the character and level selection screen you have to control the hand and cursor using the analog stick, kinda a bummer. It's funny how almost all Nintendo games will work complete fine on a regular controller, except for Metriod.

ScottAspen said:
Im definately gonna master the classic controller... why use the crappy old GCC... That would be like saying "I want to use the N64 controller cause it is compatible with gamecube... No, its a completely different system, completely different game both by feeling and combos etc... why not master the new controller for that system... other then the fact that you may not want to buy a classic controller... Thats my opinion
because the new controllers have a fairly awkward button layout for the game... classic looks alright but i'll probably stick to my cube controllers unless i decide to buy a classic

Back