What do girls like on Valentines Day?

there is no true answer to this situation. every girl is different so you really have to make up your own mind on what to get her or do for her.

i know plenty of women who don't like to shop, or don't like chocolates and roses and what not. so just because something works for one of them, doesn't mean it works for another. it's very specific to the individual.

my wife for one, doesn't care too much for any of the stereotypical valentines day stuff. she's more unconventional

idjut said:

just remember that the flower is at risk at being damaged before she gets home...

Haha, yeah... I learned that the hard way :p

I only gave someone something once on Valentine's day. It was a yellow rose, she had gone home for the weekend. I basically printed out a sign that said happy valentine's day, covered it in her favorite chocolates (Twix), and put the rose next to it. It had this little green water thing at the bottom of the stem so I thought it'd be alright for at least a day before she got back. It definitely lost a little color while I was gone, but it still went over well.

Like smyth said, confidence is key. But confidence is not the same as being direct. Its more about showing that you are self-confident. As far as being direct it really depends on the girl, but its better to make your intention clear than to hide it. Girls like to be wanted just like guys like to be wanted, the difference is that we gotta be the ones to make the first move unfortunately. :)

@Mazen - I'd say it sounds like your relationship is really too early and not developed enough to go for a gift, I would say a card at most, but if you only email her once a week I think it'd be more appropriate to just wish her happy valentine's day. It might be better to wait and give her something randomly later, as Sean Connery says in Finding Forrester "The key to a woman's heart is an unexpected gift at an unexpected time." That way you have more time to think of something thoughtful that she'd like.

I tend to think the best gifts are those where you see something and think, "omg, so and so would love this, I'm gonna get it for them" Then you can give it to them right away or save it for a special occasion.

Last edited:
Sterculius said:
my wife for one, doesn't care too much for any of the stereotypical valentines day stuff. she's more unconventional

Agreed 100%. If I brought that stuff home for the Wifey© she'd think it was hilarious!

If you really want to roll the dice, get her something that involves another person, don't specifically invite yourself, and see if SHE does! :D

MazenXD said:
will there is one more thing about why i never had a girlfriend, and it's because if i do and i'm cought(not by my parents but by the goverment) i'll be wiped country law.

Are you muslim Mazen? Or just living in Saudi?

Actually I suggest something witty and clever.

And something that comes from your own head.

Moreso, I'm leaning toward a "It's the thought that counts" deal.

But by no means, don't buy her a plastic ring and say, "Lulz. u iz speshul."

Be witty.
Be creative.

What you do for her will stay in her memory much longer than what you give to her.

Trulen said:
Actually I suggest something witty and clever.

And something that comes from your own head.

Moreso, I'm leaning toward a "It's the thought that counts" deal.

But by no means, don't buy her a plastic ring and say, "Lulz. u iz speshul."

Be witty.
Be creative.

What you do for her will stay in her memory much longer than what you give to her.

Truer words have never been spoken...

Never used that one before...

Back on topic, try to avoid the box of cheap chocolates as they usually aren't the best valentines gift.

Suggestion: Buy a set of roses and count how many petals are on each rose. Then, if possible, try to recount the number of days you two have been dating for. Tell her each petal represents every day you've been dating for and how much she means to you. You could also get her some jewelery. However, try not to get something too expensive.

These Are All Great Suggestions Guys! Ill Keep Them In Mind!:smilewinkgrin:

Hey Do You Guys Think Its Too Cheesy To Put Her Favourite Song On The Radio From Me?
Thinkin Bout Doin That!:smilewinkgrin:

that would be wonderful... do you know how you would insure she would be listening to it?

Yeah...I Would Text Or Phone Her And Tell Her To Listen Cause Theres Sumthin Funny On The Radio...?:confused::lol:
Do You Think That Would Work?

Back