What is love to you?

How dare you make me waste my time on quelling any idiocy which nay-says the almighty 'Karp! The 'Karp is perfection. One compliment towards his Holy Brininess does not allot one insult.

To me, love is a trick of the brain.

Our body tries to get us to make as many kids as possible, so as to keep our genes suriving.
Now, trouble is that our minds have developed so that we can resist ordinary lust.

So, in order to overcome our mind, and to make us do babies, our hindbrain drugs us! When the brain detects the perfect mating partner, it starts secreting this euphoric drug into the bloodstream. We feel it, and if we are not smart enough, we will think we are in 'love' and that the person in front of us is 'the one'.

Of course, smart ones, like me, do not fall for such trickery. We can resist even love, by knowing it is just chemical reaction to outside stimuli.

But ignorance is bliss, even here, with ordinary people going on about love as it really was something real and concrete...

To me, love is a trick of the brain.

Our body tries to get us to make as many kids as possible, so as to keep our genes suriving.
Now, trouble is that our minds have developed so that we can resist ordinary lust.

So, in order to overcome our mind, and to make us do babies, our hindbrain drugs us! When the brain detects the perfect mating partner, it starts secreting this euphoric drug into the bloodstream. We feel it, and if we are not smart enough, we will think we are in 'love' and that the person in front of us is 'the one'.

Of course, smart ones, like me, do not fall for such trickery. We can resist even love, by knowing it is just chemical reaction to outside stimuli.

But ignorance is bliss, even here, with ordinary people going on about love as it really was something real and concrete...

Sounds like the jeering of someone who needs to get laid.

The "hindbrain"? I'm sorry but whether or not logic exists in love, it does not exist in your statement. If this "hindbrain" does what you say, that love is merely the brains adherence of another who bears amiable properties to mate with, then why are there gays in the world? Gays fall in love, yes? But they cannot mate with each other.... So by your definition, you must believe love is not possible between two people of the same sex because your brain is just tricking you to try to make babies?

Hollow thoughts my friend, hollow thoughts... The workings of someone who has either not ever been in love themselves, or who has been hurt so badly by love in the past that it becomes easier to deal with it as simple impurities and blame the brain for past choices made, rather than taking the blame yourself.

Please do not make such harsh rationalizations based on irrational ideals in the future, my friend. And I am sorry for you to not want love, and I hope the best for you.

If this "hindbrain" does what you say, that love is merely the brains adherence of another who bears amiable properties to mate with, then why are there gays in the world?

Birth defects/serious mental scarring during one's upbringing. Heterosexuality is normalcy in the natural world, after all. In the larger scale of things, any other sexual orientation is a mistake of the natural world.

... Mind y'all, I'm an advocate for minorities' rights 'n all that, so I'm speakin' logically blunt rather than borderline-hate speech bigotry. Oh, and right as you are, I don't think that was Mush's point, Storm. :lol:

Birth defects/serious mental scarring during one's upbringing. Heterosexuality is normalcy in the natural world, after all. In the larger scale of things, any other sexual orientation is a mistake of the natural world.
That sounds really homophobic. It obviously isn't, but I could see some moron being hasty with judging the meaning of your post.

Back