What is your Review of The Conduit?

idont know how to tell if its dual layer but what i CAN say is that its worth it...indeed the best first person shooter for wii right now....EXTREMELY similar to halo but with better graphics and more detail...

the first halo maybe...

Good reviews you've given :) I can't wait to get my copy! I preordered, but I still have to wait some time for it to arrive (guess I'll have to take the concecuences of Amazon's free super saver shipping :p, plus I don't live in the US). I am very excited about it, it looks great from what I've seen.

ive played the game for around 2 hours today. only online, so here are my thoughts, and i will compare to both halo 3 (360) and WaW (wii) since i own both.

graphics - great for wii. better than WaW. the characters look much better. i also like the red/blue teams theme like halo.

Controls - dissapointed no default controls for wii zapper but I could customize them to work with it. I did like WaWs wii zapper controls.

lag - i did notice some lag...players moving or should i say jumping from one part of the screen to the next as if they were teleported. mostly there is no lag though, i just noticed it several times though. this could also be my connection or anything though.

maps - WaW maps are better. I am not fond of halos or conduits. halos are too open and conduits are too closed. maps arent bad though, i guess i need to get used to them.

sprinting - just like halo, there is no sprinting. i like that about WaW

weapons - sometimes the shots are a little confusing similar to halos. i like the human weapons the best (thats a choice in multiplayer for human). lots of weapons though...yet there didnt seem to be many on the maps to find..unless i just didnt know where to look

killing - seems a little hard to kill people like halo. something i will need to get used to. I liked killing in WaW best.

wii speak - i dont have it, so i cant comment. however, i can speak in halo and most games no one talks or its 12 year olds screaming at each other. so that feature isnt something i really care for.

radar - similar to halos radar, its somewhat confusing. WaW radar is my favorite.

So, will this game replace WaW and halo 3 for me? It will replace WaW. I have been playing it for a few months now and the conduit has better online in my opinion. There can be 6 people on each team, which i like better. plus its new. plus they have more games - capture the flag, etc. Will this replace halo 3? No. The 360 has a good game with halo and its the 3rd version. i like the acheivments in halo, the medals, and how it all connects with xbox live which is amazing.

Should you buy the conduit? Yes. if you like fps and are looking for a wii one, definitely buy this, its a lot fun. it feels a lot like halo. o, and its very addicting. i already want to play more.

As for the campaign mode....i played it for 5 minutes. it seems fun. almost exactly like halo ie killing weird sci fi monsters. i have yet to the play more than 5 minutes of the campaign for WaW, halo 3, or the conduit and probably never will. The online modes just rock.
I agree with most of this. I've been using the zapper(because I like playing with it) and don't find this game play super smooth. I'll try playing without it maybe. I've never played halo at all. These graphics are the best I've seen on Wii. I have Samsung 42" plasma. I'll still play COD:WaW though.

IS THE DISC DUEL LAYER LIKE BRAWL to find out for me check both the discs (back of disc) compare the colours
Brawl is a weird goldish colour = Duel Layer
Mario galaxy (example) is Silver Colour = single layer

The graphics of this game really depend on the type of Television you use. When I play this game on my Plasma television, it almost looks like an Xbox 360 game.

But.... When I play it on my piece o' crap small television in my room, it looks like a Playstation 2 game. It's relative.

i'm playing on a 50" samsung plasma, and i've been pretty disappointed with the visuals. sigh.

Game is a single layer DVD and the graphics even at 480P are not that great but hey its a wii game. Haven't gone online cause i have heard of the problem but the single player is awesome. It is in NO WAY comparable to halo 3 graphics.

Seriously? The graphics are FAR better than any other Wii game in this genre. If you're not using component video cables with your HDTV, it would look like hell I'm sure. I can't believe anyone is compaining about the graphics, its one of the few things I have zero complaints about with this game.

All im saying is for the wii, the graphics are great but it is not on par with ANYTHING thats on the HD systems, and it shouldn't be. Its an unfair comparison. The reason i brought up halo was because someone in this thread SAID it had halo like graphics and it DOES NOT.

Seriously? The graphics are FAR better than any other Wii game in this genre. If you're not using component video cables with your HDTV, it would look like hell I'm sure. I can't believe anyone is compaining about the graphics, its one of the few things I have zero complaints about with this game.

i do use component cables on my plasma, but the game still appears somewhat pixelated. again, i feel that world at war looks and feels better overall.

first the disappointment with brawl's online, and now this...not to mention both games were delayed multiple times. if red steel 2 or monster hunter don't end up living to my expectations, that'll be strike three, and the wii is going up on ebay.

All im saying is for the wii, the graphics are great but it is not on par with ANYTHING thats on the HD systems, and it shouldn't be. Its an unfair comparison. The reason i brought up halo was because someone in this thread SAID it had halo like graphics and it DOES NOT.
I wasn't directing the comment toward you personally. There's no way, at 420p this game can technologically hit the quality of the other HD systems. Its just not physically possible. But for a Wii game, its the best I've encountered.

i do use component cables on my plasma, but the game still appears somewhat pixelated. again, i feel that world at war looks and feels better overall.

first the disappointment with brawl's online, and now this...not to mention both games were delayed multiple times. if red steel 2 or monster hunter don't end up living to my expectations, that'll be strike three, and the wii is going up on ebay.
Odd, I don't see that at all. Your TV is 8" bigger than mine though. The graphics on the Conduit look much better for me. I think WaW game play seems smoother when using the zapper. I seem to have some issues on the Conduit with that. Maybe I need to tweak the controller settings more though.

I think that the graphics are good, but they aren't mind blowing. For example, when I play this game I don't comment on how good they are, but I don't have any gripes with it if that makes sense to anyone who hasn't played the game.

Vchizzle, I agree it is probably thebest looking wii game IMO next to mario galaxy, and like i said you can't even compare non HD against HD systems, your right. I think SMG is1 of THE best games this gen if not THE best.

First of all the TV i have is 32in. I have been told the Wii dont look as good on the big TV's so maby thats why it dont look as good on your 50in. I am going to be having a game night over a friends house soon. He has a 50in TV, so im ganna bring my Wii over there and see whats what on that kind of TV.

This game is a great looking game no doubt but its not the same at all to the HD systems. But hey thats what you payed for. The reason the Wii is the cheapest is partly because of it not having HD built into it.

You knew buying a Wii you would not get the graphics of the other 2 HD systems so that argument is pointless. But as far as what i have seen on the Wii the games looks great on my 32in LCD.

Back