what nintendo could've added to the Wii channel

We all know that you can listen to music with an SD card, but if we had a true music player, that would be awesome.

They should make a studio channel. Where you and a few friends can bring your Miis and play different instruments and get a band together. You could switch instruments with your friends whenever you want and the amount of control you would have over the music would have to very intuitive. Especially the controls.

music would have been really cool.. and a streaming video source as well with like movie trailers and game trailers/previews. Possibly a lobby system that makes better use of the 24connect service, and a much quicker way to send messages to friends. It would also be nice to have a Wii Updates channel that would give information on any wii news. Maybe that's what the news channel is for but I havent been able to see that yet! By the way add my code, I've added a lot of you on this page but can't seem to send private messages :O

lordsknightn said:
most of these ideas are good but i think that the mp3 player/radio would have been quite useful. Then again most people have mp3 players or radios and wii was mostly a system to play games.
well if you could make game updates to allow you to play the radio as background music for games, that could be pretty awesome

but who cares lol the whole point is to play games i mean yeah it would be a nice little touch but you dont even notice it anyways im always playing games

you better be able to download cool **** for your mii characters eventually. Or more hair styles and such.

I really don't see this stuff happening though. I see Nintendo shying away from this stuff because it requires online. And they know that a lot of Wii players don't have online. They don't want them to miss out. That's what sucks.

They should make it snow on the Wii Channel screen when it's winter. And then a sun in the corner of the screen in summer. Then leaves in the fall. Flowers or something in Spring.

That'd be kinda cool. Birthday presents would be cool too!

Instead of the VC games to purchase, have a monthly subscription like the sega channel did with unlimited games available. Maybe rotate 10 games per month, and then you have the opportunity to purchase with Wii points. That way you can try out games that you may not remember, and decide whether or not to buy it. I was addicted to the Sega Channel, played it all night long.

PhusionDev said:
music would have been really cool.. and a streaming video source as well with like movie trailers and game trailers/previews.
Well with the internet channel, which will support flash, you can go straight to YouTube and search whatever you're looking for and you're almost always going to get a result of what you're looking for. If you wanna go back and watch it later, save it as a bookmark. And from what I hear, YouTube movies look pretty good fullscreen on the Wii, even though it's the same crappy quality as it always was... it would be nice, though, to watch hd quality video... I really hope, with the shop channel, they would somehow integrate game demos... that would be awesome. PLEASE, NINTENDO! PLEASE! :D

ocdan said:
yeah, a demo channel would be cool, and it would save a ton of money for developers instead of making freebies on discs

So if you don't have access to the internet...you can't demo games?

That would be silly.

Back