Why Wont Nintendo Let You Move The Disk Channel

matthewj

Online Gamer
Oct 18, 2007
Wii Online Code
0422-8426-6448-0738
Well I was just wandering why nintendo lets you move every channel except the disk channel? I think you should be able to move it anywhere you want to!:incazzato:

Cuz when you input a disk there has to be a directory to send the information to, everthing else is based on the wii and doesnt change, but since you put new programs into the wii's disk channel it has to have a constant position so the disk and wii sync properly.

oh and i know that sounds like some pretty legit ****, but its just my theory i pulled out of my ass. i have no source/ actually fact, just common sence to develope theory.

Theres no need to move that channel, nor any channel really, unless you move them higher/over more in order of importance or whatever. Honestly I haven't moved one of channels yet, wherever they go after the download is where I leave em'.

Disk channel staying where it is seems logical, that way its there and is easy for you to select and play a game.

I just realized I never tried moving it. I always thought it was the ideal place.

crazyman2 said:
Cuz when you input a disk there has to be a directory to send the information to, everthing else is based on the wii and doesnt change, but since you put new programs into the wii's disk channel it has to have a constant position so the disk and wii sync properly.

oh and i know that sounds like some pretty legit ****, but its just my theory i pulled out of my ass. i have no source/ actually fact, just common sence to develope theory.

umm... wow, you can't be more wrong.

nintendo did it because they're a bunch of jerks. Theres absolutely no reason why it can't be moved... they were just too lazy to program it.

Bigred said:
umm... wow, you can't be more wrong.

nintendo did it because they're a bunch of jerks. Theres absolutely no reason why it can't be moved... they were just too lazy to program it.

Hardly "too lazy." It's probably as simple as turning a parameter from "true" to "false" or "1" to "0" when it comes to enabling the ability to move a channel. I'm pretty sure it's a design choice.

"Because they're a bunch of jerks" you say? Oh, how I'm sure they're sorry that they put the most vital channel of the entire console at the top of the whole channel list.

Why does the primary hard drive of a PC always default to C: and never any other letter? It's just so that everyone's on the same page with the most basic and necessary drive, so that you don't sort of "lose" the vital drive/channel admist a sea of all the others, even if it's not really "lost"

vi3tmix said:
Hardly "too lazy." It's probably as simple as turning a parameter from "true" to "false" or "1" to "0" when it comes to enabling the ability to move a channel. I'm pretty sure it's a design choice.

"Because they're a bunch of jerks" you say? Oh, how I'm sure they're sorry that they put the most vital channel of the entire console at the top of the whole channel list.

Why does the primary hard drive of a PC always default to C: and never any other letter? It's just so that everyone's on the same page with the most basic and necessary drive, so that you don't sort of "lose" the vital drive/channel admist a sea of all the others, even if it's not really "lost"

It does default to C, however you can change it.

I think it has something to do with the disc animation that flies in from the side when you insert a disc. It would look pretty tacky to see it flying the whole across your screen.

Wiily Good said:
I think it has something to do with the disc animation that flies in from the side when you insert a disc. It would look pretty tacky to see it flying the whole across your screen.

True dat. repped for something that makes sense.

Back