what nintendo could've added to the Wii channel

Definitely there's tons of stuff they could have added, but I'm having such a good time just enjoying what they did add, that I can't really think too much of what could have been...

Carpe Diem Baby.

Jeremy_und2004 said:
Instead of the VC games to purchase, have a monthly subscription like the sega channel did with unlimited games available. Maybe rotate 10 games per month, and then you have the opportunity to purchase with Wii points. That way you can try out games that you may not remember, and decide whether or not to buy it. I was addicted to the Sega Channel, played it all night long.
It doesn't seem like there's enough games to be able to do that, though. Maybe like a deal like some phone add-on companies do, like mobizzo, where you get a game from each system a month for a subscription... that would be nice. Plus, old games like that are so quick to beat, like sonic, that i, and many other people, wouldn't want to buy it, unless you want to play it over and over and over, which also many people want to do. So half the customers would be ripping off nintendo. I always rent games, too, and then end up being really busy and it pisses me off because i didn't get to play it as much as i wanted to, yet i'm still renting games. hehe. so, i guess i have mixed opinions. i don't know. :p

By the way, just a question, would i be able to plug in my phone via the usb port to load pics/video off of my cell to view on the photo channel?

Last edited:
chase said:
By the way, just a question, would i be able to plug in my phone via the usb port to load pics/video off of my cell to view on the photo channel?

I do not think so because most phone companies would be a little upset. I know that motorola has customers by Motorola Phone Tools for $30 or you can get a knock of version that is just ok on ebay for about $15. It might cause some tension between nintendo and other companies that might support them.

Some phone companies might endorse it and have something you can buy throught the Wii Store if Nintendo goes along with it or something you can Download from the Internet after paying say $10 or something and getting the code to be used on ONE Wii. That way they still profit and we sort of get what we want.
This is based on if we plug a USB device into the USB Port that it will show pictures from the device, I am not sure it will but I think it probably can,

you guys are expecting it to be a whole crazy media center thing with all these crazy things, lets try to remember that it is a VIDEO GAME console..

pizzaluvr said:
yeah, look at the xbox 360

the skins for dashboard are about $1 and gamerpictures/packs are about $1 too, you figure each person with an xbox will buy more than 1 of them, and there are more than 7,000,000 people w/ xboxes, and if they each buy 5 of each, that's $10, OR $70,000,000, for something that cost them about $5000 at most to make them all...

then there are faceplates, assuming each person buys 1 or 2 faceplates, that's approximately $210,000,000 for something that might have cost them $1,000,000 to make(considering machines they have to buy, labor etc.)

That's possible, but you can't assume that every 360 user is going to download skins or buy faceplates. I would never buy either for my 360, and i'm sure there are plenty of others like me.

Now i may paint my 360 one day...that's a whole different level of customization. I painted my original xbox, ps2, and NES so at some point I'll probably end up painting my 360 and wii. I'll hold off on those for a while...at least until my warranty is ended.

chase said:

Only is you have a micro SD card like I do, and then I transfer photos to the Wii.

Well, they will be selling new channels on the Wii... So, they can make alot. I would like to have some type of IM service only for the Wii, it would be alot better than using the message board for talking.

Jenova said:
Well, they will be selling new channels on the Wii... So, they can make alot. I would like to have some type of IM service only for the Wii, it would be alot better than using the message board for talking.

I agree that an IM would be nice (and they'll probably add one to download) but It would get annoying typing THAT MUCH without a keyboard.

Chunk said:
I do not think so because most phone companies would be a little upset. I know that motorola has customers by Motorola Phone Tools for $30 or you can get a knock of version that is just ok on ebay for about $15. It might cause some tension between nintendo and other companies that might support them.

Some phone companies might endorse it and have something you can buy throught the Wii Store if Nintendo goes along with it or something you can Download from the Internet after paying say $10 or something and getting the code to be used on ONE Wii. That way they still profit and we sort of get what we want.
This is based on if we plug a USB device into the USB Port that it will show pictures from the device, I am not sure it will but I think it probably can,
On the Wii Photo Channel, then, what does it mean when it says sd card/mobile phone? Bluetooth?

Jeremy_und2004 said:
Only is you have a micro SD card like I do, and then I transfer photos to the Wii.
Right. I have a micro sd and i can get an adapter thing... i just wanted to know why it says sd card/mobile phone on the Photo Channel

YEah, i would like an option that i can upload mp3s and play it while i game.

:)

i know that's impossible tho.

I think that in the coming weeks/months/hopefully years they will continue to realease new things for the wii channels. I think it allows for everyone to personalize their wii to their own needs, however, I hope Nintendo does this at a reasonable rate. If you're going to charge only $250 for the console and then another $10 for each little gadget you release for it, it won't be such a good deal in retrospect. I hope they allow for some third-party development as well. Competition, afterall, is what makes every product better for the consumer.

jon_jai said:
YEah, i would like an option that i can upload mp3s and play it while i game.

:)

i know that's impossible tho.

It's possible...they did it on the 360.

ThatGuy127 said:
It's possible...they did it on the 360.

really? wow..
i hope they'll do that.
so when i play wii sports, i can put can some workout music

Back