what shows off wii power

sl282

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2006
ok guys im stuck i got the wii launch day BUT have to wait for zelda for xmas my mom wont let me have it.i know graphics mean nothing but i also like to know if i dont jus have a flashy sexy console with a amazing wiimote and that it is capable of putting out mad graphics.ive only played wii sports so far LOL.ive seen videos all over the place online but lots say do not judge them as they show nothing of the real quality.im jus worried that this wii is infact a gamecube with a little kik up the arse.i dont want xbox or ps3 to out do wii.

at them moment apart from zelda nothing really but wait a while till the console is really pushed and youll be amazed its not ps3 standard but its good enough

umm...zelda isn't the only decent game right now, there is madden,farcry,elebits (some think so), and need for speed those r the only i can think of right now but that would definately keep u busy until some more games came out.

man...it seems like every day more and more people come in here not knowing what punctuation marks are for.

anyway, the Wii is a gamecube with a little kick. From what I've seen, the specs of the Wii suggest that it really is just the gamecube hardware with a little upgrade, not as big an upgrade as youd expect from a next gen console. my advice to you is: deal with it. like you said, graphics arent everything, so stick by what you say. its all about gameplay, and the wiimote+nunchuck make the games fun, so even though you dont have zelda, you can have fun with games that dont take full advantage of the Wii's graphics.

for a list of kickass games, all you have to do is look around. no need to ask people, just look around the forum. i'd suggest going to the GAME section of the forum....that being the most logical place you'd look.

-SpideyKonfusion :frown2:

They will Be
Zelda GFX are far better than the Gamecube version so thats one Upgrade.
Gameplay is not even an Upgrade. It's just so different you can't compare them. Too good is the gameplay

So...

Great gameplay and Medium-High GFX whats not to like...

Zelda
Red Steel
NFS
NFL

They all look good

I only played Zelda and Red Steel Multiplayer

legend of zelda has somewhat good graphics (better than last gen) and red steel has beautiful realism in their graphics. when your holding a sword to a mobsters neck, you can just see the fear in his eyes!!! maddens pretty good too

gouranga said:
i got zelda yesterday:smilewinkgrin:
20.33 posts per day
jesus christ slow down...

For graphics your best options right now are (might be a couple others that should replace these):
Zelda:TP
Red Steel (has graphical glitches though)
Elebits
Excite Truck

2007 is going to be a great year for the Mario Series will be re-born but the average game looks noticably better then the average launch game

There are allot of rumours regarding the wii having the same "kick" as the orginal xbox. Meaning the graphic capacity and the actualy power of the machine are roughly the same, if so, thats pretty kool, i can live with that. There were some beautiful games on Xbox graphic such as Halo and farcry, i'm happy with those sort of graphics.

Far Cry on the wii looks dissapointed, the AI and graphic looks terrible. Especialy since farcy is deemed a "graphicly beautiful game.
And Red Steel got a realy bad review :mad: that game had real potential.
Zelda looks awsome and got a brilliant review :aureola: and madden looks awsome :)

There are allot of rumours regarding the wii having the same "kick" as the orginal xbox. Meaning the graphic capacity and the actualy power of the machine are roughly the same, if so, thats pretty kool, i can live with that. There were some beautiful games on Xbox graphic such as Halo and farcry, i'm happy with those sort of graphics.

Far Cry on the wii looks dissapointing, the AI and graphic are terrible. Especialy since farcy is deemed a "graphicly beautiful" game.
And Red Steel got a realy bad review :mad: that game had real potential.
Zelda looks awsome and got a brilliant review :aureola: and madden looks awsome :)

SpideyKonfusion said:
man...it seems like every day more and more people come in here not knowing what punctuation marks are for.

anyway, the Wii is a gamecube with a little kick. From what I've seen, the specs of the Wii suggest that it really is just the gamecube hardware with a little upgrade, not as big an upgrade as youd expect from a next gen console. my advice to you is: deal with it. like you said, graphics arent everything, so stick by what you say. its all about gameplay, and the wiimote+nunchuck make the games fun, so even though you dont have zelda, you can have fun with games that dont take full advantage of the Wii's graphics.

for a list of kickass games, all you have to do is look around. no need to ask people, just look around the forum. i'd suggest going to the GAME section of the forum....that being the most logical place you'd look.

-SpideyKonfusion :frown2:

Man...it seems like every day more and more people come in here not knowing what capital letters are for.

Back