What to say to your suicidal friend...

Tell his parents immediatly, he need help. It;s the best thing to do whether he'll hate you for it or not

I would if I could. I don't have their mobile numbers, and they're not at home. He keeps hanging up, then he'll call two minutes later. I'm so afraid that the next call won't come...

i know this isnt very comforting but more than 90% of the time people who tell others theyre going to kill themselves really dont do it, and its more of an act for attention... (im a proven part of this statistic..)

You should drive yourself down to wherever he is and hang with him. Make him feel how loved he is by his friends and family. That could turn him around.

Here's my favorite quote when the times get rough:

"Everything will be OK in the end....if it's not okay....its not the end"

Sovieto said:
i know this isnt very comforting but more than 90% of the time people who tell others theyre going to kill themselves really dont do it, and its more of an act for attention... (im a proven part of this statistic..)

He wouldn't hesitate to do it. He's hurt himself before, attempted it before, but this is so much closer than he has ever been. If he was sober I'd be fine, but he has lost any morsel of rationality in him... I'm may be exaggerating as I'm **** scared.

EDIT: He lives an hour away.

But you gotta think....is that hour drive you don't want to make really worth the life of a friend? I'd drive for days if it meant saving a friend's life.

Just ask your mom or something to get your ass over to his house and hang with him or talk to him over the phone or something. Does he have an AIM account?
You could IM each other or text. Anything could happen.

EDIT: I'm really sorry about this. I really am kinda sad for you. Just hang in there and pray whenever you get the chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm talking to him on the phone as it is. The only way I could get there is to take a bus then a train, and depending on the timetables of the train it could take two hours. Kind of unrealistic. I'll ask him if I can come over, though.

I'd like to, but he's not picking up my calls anymore. I just hope he's done what I told him to do and told his grandparents... he could be at their house talking it over. He might have gone to sleep... Who knows. I'm hoping for the best.

Back