What to say to your suicidal friend...

The only advice I can give is to keep talking to him. Try to talk about different topics and try not to make him depressed or upset. Try reminiscing about fun that you've had together. If you can get him to cool down and or think about what he's doing and or thinking he may come to his senses on the whole situation. However, if you believe that he's becoming harder to deal with try calling the cops and inform them of the current situation.

Okay he just called me then. He's vomited all over the place, and he wants help. He thinks he's going to die. I doubt he'll die. The most important thing that he said on the phone was "I don't want to die." Thank goodness. He's in a terrible state... but I think he'll be alright.

minto said:
Tell him to kill himself or tell him that no one loves him
(trust me this WILL work)
it might not work

You sir are an idiot

If they still had negative rep i would be giving you a hell of alot right now.

Seriously grow the hell up, and if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all.

And to andthen? Hope it all works out :) you're doing the best you can, and you cant do much more then what everyone has suggested and you're already doing

AndThen? said:
Okay he just called me then. He's vomited all over the place, and he wants help. He thinks he's going to die. I doubt he'll die. The most important thing that he said on the phone was "I don't want to die." Thank goodness. He's in a terrible state... but I think he'll be alright.
cool gald to hear he's ok and im sorry about my OP

Thanks everyone for your support.

Talking to him now, he seems alright. I don't want to have to go through this again, though. I don't know if he'll think about doing it again, as this isn't the first time.

I think my mother tried like...9 times or something? So experience says, it will happen again.

You need to get someone bigger in the picture. Tell his father, get some friends in it, get your parents' advice if you need it. All of us can only do so much.

And if worse comes to worse, just call the cops. I know you don't want him in a nuthouse, but maybe that's what he needs.

Pray with him and/or for him. Maybe the two of you could attend a local church? Oftentimes a pastor can help.

I'm also a pastor and would be glad to speak to him. Message me if there is anything I can do.

I'll pray right now.

Glad to hear that hes a bit better, you should contact his family and try and get them to let him live with them for a while. You should also phone him every few hours to make sure hes ok. Hope all goes well

i could tell you my suicide story but ... no... you really need to find the problem and address it ASAP if you are his only friend it might just be a cry out for attention it isn't hard to hurt your self but not really go though that much pain... if you want some more help or want to here my story just pm me i have been though this so i think i can help but every life is different i wish you the best of luck and i hope your mate looks to wards the future and everything he has to live for!

Thanks guys. I'll see how he does tomorrow. I doubt today caused the change I was hoping for, but we'll see.

Might as well hope for the best.

When I've felt down I would of wanted to be told I'm liked and complimented on the things I do, I would of wanted someone to talk to and after I'm feeling better someone to stay there supporting me.

Those would of been perfect for me but not sure for your friend. Best of luck.

Back