What's a TRUE Paranormal or Scary you know?

I still don't believe in all these stories, they always seem to fit into generic horror movies stereotypes. I live in a Victorian house and in our cellar we have found bones and medicine, surely that would make a great setting for a few paranormal stories? Nope it doesn't, unless you prove me wrong ghosties ;)

Hm.

Dead bodies lay across the stairs, man behind me in the mirror, faceless person praying, and some old guy with a hat.

I see some peculiar things in this house. I still don't believe in ghosts.

What exactly do you think all those things are then?

I've heard some crazy stories myself which I believe to be true(people getting possessed, stuff flying across the room), but never experienced anything really paranormal myself.

Except the SLEEP part...

I just laid down when it happened and I was wide awake.

You sure about that? People with sleep paralysis think they are awake too.

When I got married years ago, I was shocked to find I was asleep before I thought I was. I was just laying in bed thinking about random stuff of the day and suddenly my wife elbows me and tells me I'm snoring. I thought she was joking at first since from my perspective I was awake still.

My wife gets sleep paralysis sometimes, although not with scary stuff, and it's always right after she's laid down to go to sleep or right in the morning as she's waking up.

What's more likely, a supernatural demon attacked you with symptoms identical to textbook sleep paralysis, or you simply just had sleep paralysis?

You sure about that? People with sleep paralysis think they are awake too.
Erm... I'm fairly certain sleep paralysis only occurs when you're awake. The body slightly paralyses the muscles when you fall asleep to stop you acting out your dreams, but sometimes you can wake up without that effect wearing off, leaving you unable to move. People often hallucinate demons or aliens because the brain is still in "dream mode".

I'd say you're right Skippy if it wasn't for the fact that I JUST layed down. It always takes forever for me to sleep (I've suffered a bit of insomnia ever since I was a kid). Also it wasn't the only thing to happen to me in that house. And since I've moved I haven't had anything paranormal or at least creepy happen to me.

There was also the time (a week or 2 before what happened to me) my parents had someone to come and bless our house. She walked through the house and told my parents that everything felt fine. Then she went in my room and said, "Whoa,... this is where they've been hiding."

Of coarse I'm sceptical on that.

What? Are misogynistic jokes not funny anymore?

Then again, I don't believe in being able to bless something to prevent such occurrences, only being able to remove them once they're there.

The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing the World He Didn't Exist

Also, a lot of this crap on TV and such are complete hoaxes, still.

to the OP.

headless horseman myths have been told for centuries all over the world.

Erm... I'm fairly certain sleep paralysis only occurs when you're awake. The body slightly paralyses the muscles when you fall asleep to stop you acting out your dreams, but sometimes you can wake up without that effect wearing off, leaving you unable to move. People often hallucinate demons or aliens because the brain is still in "dream mode".

Yeah, this would explain all those people who claim to have been abducted by aliens, that come in through the window (floating) with bright lights... then Operation Anal Probe begins on the mother ship.

I've only had sleep paralysis once, I woke up after a dream but i couldn't move my body and weird crap that normally happens in my dreams started happening right before my eyes. Eventually I fell back asleep, and then woke up later all normal.

As for ghosts, the only things I've seen is odd figures in the dark.. but that's just my brain making up crap trying to figure out what it is.

I used to always see a guy in my corner when i sometimes woke up at about 3 in the morning.
Hed usually be drinking something.
Not sure if they were dreams or not though as I distinctively remember that whenever I did wake up at this time, I automatically would keep my head under the covers so I wouldnt get scared.
I used to get it about twice a month or so.

He was always dressed in this fashion
BE040520.jpg

It seriously scared me whenever I saw it.

My sister's boyfriend says that he woke up to three shadows on his wall, in the shape of what we commonly think of as a demon, and they were dancing and laughing hysterically. Within seconds after him sitting up, they disappeared into his hallway, went downstairs, and left the house (he chased them). Later on that day, his neighbor told him how she saw that he had run out of his house early in the morning and asked if he had seen 'the shadows'. Eerily enough, quite a few of the people who have lived in that neighborhood have all seen this same thing. The icing on the cake being that the entire neighborhood was built on top of a cemetery.

Pretty spooky.

What? Are misogynistic jokes not funny anymore?

Then again, I don't believe in being able to bless something to prevent such occurrences, only being able to remove them once they're there.

Also, a lot of this crap on TV and such are complete hoaxes, still.

Untrue. My old babysitter told me that when she was little she used to live in this house and had a sister who liked a boy from across a street. The boys mom didn't approved of her son liking my babysitter's sister so she supposely cursed the house and ever since that happen there were multiple paranormal occurences. Supposely the lady from across the street placed graveyard soil around the house and that is what cursed it. She told me that the doors in the house would lock themselves, they would hear a dog barking in the kitchen, and a whole bunch of other stuff, and they ended up bringing a priest to bless the house multiple times. That is what she told me.

Untrue. My old babysitter told me that when she was little she used to live in this house and had a sister who liked a boy from across a street. The boys mom didn't approved of her son liking my babysitter's sister so she supposely cursed the house and ever since that happen there were multiple paranormal occurences. Supposely the lady from across the street placed graveyard soil around the house and that is what cursed it. She told me that the doors in the house would lock themselves, they would hear a dog barking in the kitchen, and a whole bunch of other stuff, and they ended up bringing a priest to bless the house multiple times. That is what she told me.

Keyword: Told

The only paranormal things that have happened to me are hearing things and seeing things for a split second, only to look again and see that it's just something on my floor.

I still find it weird that some people who believe in ghosts say that the ghosts don't know they're dead, because, if you were floating and walking through walls, don't you think you'd be dead?

Back