What's up with People Wanting to do and be everything Japanese??

My examples were quite off. Yes. Sorry. Still, it's just that it's the end result of asking your question to people without the mental capacity to actually figure out that majority is not absolute and decide to purge anyone with a certain interest or quality.
Something akin to Eugenics and how it becomes so insane. People categorize and will exclude things often put with inherently negative traits even though a rather off individual is needed to connect with these traits.

Every individual is off in some way. There is no 'on' in this sense despite what people think.

Now that that is out of the way I just want to say one last thing on the Homophobia note since that's what got me so steamed in the first place.

You're relating a materialistic obsession with an innate, generally, subconscious biological reaction.

Weight and Depression actually relate on terms of brain chemistry(yes I know you refused an answer, but this is important). Sexuality and Materialism do not, unless you're bringing in Maturity into this relation. This opens an entirely new can of worms though.
I think your peer's sexuality is just related to their Libido which is at a peak in College students. People of that age group on average are far more sexually open than any other age group. They settle into their actual sexuality later on or just adopt to the traditionalist institute of marriage.
The Western ones, at least, are also the most interested in the edgier 'cultural' things that are marketed to them. They can access it now that they're independent. Sexuality is also marketed to them which also contributes to the adventurous sexual immaturity.

They try to relate how one thing is related to another. Just like how I was wondering how this "Japanophilia" is related to one's behavior and background, their obsession for anime, and in my town in general--the avoidance of animes and RPG-like video games, which are considered "gay" and for "faggots".

I can't help that I already have a bias towards these people for using homophobic slurs to denote one's material interest.

Not all gay people can be attributed to an overly flamboyant sub-culture of immature college pricks with freaky-ass hair trying to shout out as many homosexual, tree-hugging slogans as possible while screwing a lamp-post in a giant drunken acid orgy before they hit 30.
Not everyone who like Japanese media can be associated with those types either.
God. ****ing. Damn. It. THINK before you go off to Hot Topic, dye your hair green, play with your new overpriced iPhone, eat up crap like Chop Suey, and watch Naruto. Just THINK! Why?

'Cause it's all just fun and games with a Social Group. Well I guess it's not my business then.
I went overboard there, but regardless of you saying it's not all the people who like anime are like this 'emo-hair dye weeaboo' group it slowly becomes this statement.

I also know people like the above and practice "live & let live" on a daily basis.
A friend of mine is a huge Emo-fashion, Shonen, dye yer hair blue type of guy and he's actually a very nice person. Always fun and very into Boating as well.

Women also generally do not have as much of a set sexuality as men on average. This, of course, isn't true for all women.

Okay, let's drop the sexuality aspect out of the discussion for now, this is something more relevant and more tolerant of a subject: If it is true that many "weaboos'" parents are divorced, then is it this life experience that branches out to an interest in Japanese Everything, or is it the fact that the child is in a state of "weaboo" that is related to the relationship of their parents? Note that I am not asking whether or not the child's obsession for Japanese Everything is causing the parents stress and results in a divorce, but rather seeking the relation. This is just a branch of what divorced parents may lead to.

No, but you make this incredibly pejorative in that the average child must not have any control over their interests because their parents divorced and they ended up pursuing something inherently bad. The child does have control. It's their own responsibility to find the depth of their interest, control how overboard they take it and what they want to produce with it. It's their job and it is completely under their control.

What you're saying is that a kid could turn and blame their parents for why an internet bully bugged them about their anime related comment.
That kind of broad correlation is so subject to misinterpretation that it scathes the integrity of anyone in it. Seen it. Hate it.
Seriously, if a kid wants to blame mommy for being gay then I shall personally slam their head into a wall until they are crying for said mommy. Okay I won't, but still... Really. It's strange how people bend the Freudian logic to try and gain sympathy for a trait I don't even believe is inherently bad.

An interest has many of it's own root branches attributed to an individual. One quality doesn't define an individual. I think you're comments here don't give people enough credit for the way they are. Just what I'm trying to get across here.

I have a feeling I'm gonna cop out of this soon. My argument was never towards your opinion of these anime fans, but how you seem to write that the majority is the only comprehensible example and the whole homo deal.

Suddenly, the individual doesn't exist when bringing in such a large term for a rather exclusive group of people.

I don't meet these 'ILU NIPPON!!! MY HAIR IS ALL LIEK SAKURAS N PINK STUFF' people unless I'm browsing somewhere I really don't want to be. This doesn't happen so much because I don't browse the net. I've only talked to certain people on two forums ever since I started using forums.

Last edited:
My examples were quite off. Yes. Sorry. Still, it's just that it's the end result of asking your question to people without the mental capacity to actually figure out that majority is not absolute and decide to purge anyone with a certain interest or quality.
Something akin to Eugenics and how it becomes so insane. People categorize and will exclude things often put with inherently negative traits even though a rather off individual is needed to connect with these traits.

Every individual is off in some way. There is no 'on' in this sense despite what people think.

Now that that is out of the way I just want to say one last thing on the Homophobia note since that's what got me so steamed in the first place.

You're relating a materialistic obsession with an innate, generally, subconscious biological reaction.

Weight and Depression actually relate on terms of brain chemistry(yes I know you refused an answer, but this is important). Sexuality and Materialism do not, unless you're bringing in Maturity into this relation. This opens an entirely new can of worms though.
I think your peer's sexuality is just related to their Libido which is at a peak in College students. People of that age group on average are far more sexually open than any other age group. They settle into their actual sexuality later on or just adopt to the traditionalist institute of marriage.
The Western ones, at least, are also the most interested in the edgier 'cultural' things that are marketed to them. They can access it now that they're independent. Sexuality is also marketed to them which also contributes to the adventurous sexual immaturity.

They try to relate how one thing is related to another. Just like how I was wondering how this "Japanophilia" is related to one's behavior and background, their obsession for anime, and in my town in general--the avoidance of animes and RPG-like video games, which are considered "gay" and for "faggots".
I can't help that I already have a bias towards these people for using homophobic slurs to denote one's material interest.

Not all gay people can be attributed to an overly flamboyant sub-culture of immature college pricks with freaky-ass hair trying to shout out as many homosexual, tree-hugging slogans as possible while screwing a lamp-post in a giant drunken acid orgy before they hit 30.
Not everyone who like Japanese media can be associated with those types either.
God. ****ing. Damn. It. THINK before you go off to Hot Topic, dye your hair green, play with your new overpriced iPhone, eat up crap like Chop Suey, and watch Naruto. Just THINK! Why?

'Cause it's all just fun and games with a Social Group. Well I guess it's not my business then.
I went overboard there, but regardless of you saying it's not all the people who like anime are like this 'emo-hair dye weeaboo' group it slowly becomes this statement.

I also know people like the above and practice "live & let live" on a daily basis.
A friend of mine is a huge Emo-fashion, Shonen, dye yer hair blue type of guy and he's actually a very nice person. Always fun and very into Boating as well.

Women also generally do not have as much of a set sexuality as men on average. This, of course, isn't true for all women.

Okay, let's drop the sexuality aspect out of the discussion for now, this is something more relevant and more tolerant of a subject: If it is true that many "weaboos'" parents are divorced, then is it this life experience that branches out to an interest in Japanese Everything, or is it the fact that the child is in a state of "weaboo" that is related to the relationship of their parents? Note that I am not asking whether or not the child's obsession for Japanese Everything is causing the parents stress and results in a divorce, but rather seeking the relation. This is just a branch of what divorced parents may lead to.
No, but you make this incredibly pejorative in that the average child must not have any control over their interests because their parents divorced and they ended up pursuing something inherently bad. The child does have control. It's their own responsibility to find the depth of their interest, control how overboard they take it and what they want to produce with it. It's their job and it is completely under their control.

What you're saying is that a kid could turn and blame their parents for why an internet bully bugged them about their anime related comment.
That kind of broad correlation is so subject to misinterpretation that it scathes the integrity of anyone in it. Seen it. Hate it.
Seriously, if a kid wants to blame mommy for being gay then I shall personally slam their head into a wall until they are crying for said mommy. Okay I won't, but still... Really. It's strange how people bend the Freudian logic to try and gain sympathy for a trait I don't even believe is inherently bad.

An interest has many of it's own root branches attributed to an individual. One quality doesn't define an individual. I think you're comments here don't give people enough credit for the way they are. Just what I'm trying to get across here.

I have a feeling I'm gonna cop out of this soon. My argument was never towards your opinion of these anime fans, but how you seem to write that the majority is the only comprehensible example and the whole homo deal.

Suddenly, the individual doesn't exist when bringing in such a large term for a rather exclusive group of people.

I don't meet these 'ILU NIPPON!!! MY HAIR IS ALL LIEK SAKURAS N PINK STUFF' people unless I'm browsing somewhere I really don't want to be. This doesn't happen so much because I don't browse the net. I've only talked to certain people on two forums ever since I started using forums.

Once again thanks for the comment, it was well worth the read. I will get back to you later on this, just sit tight =P I don't have the time to write my full response right now.:mushroomlife:

Back