What's your pokemon team?

Good? No, just goodstuff. :lol: I'm still a bloody n00b for Gen 5 after all.

... Speakin' of suggestions, why the hell hasn't anyone given tips on item and move choice for TTar? Dx

You'd hate me for saying it, but I would say run it with a quiet nature and make it a mixed special attacker sporting ice beam dp and flamethrower to boot, maybe Tbolt, kinda redundant though... Flamethrower helps against skarm and ferrothorn. It won't cover weaknesses much simply bc there aren't many, just potential annoyances... But ik u usually hate my mixed Ttar suggestion lol

*facepalm*

I meant which move TTar should use in it's last moveslot ya fool, not an entire new moveset. :lol: Also, the choice of item.

And aye, I ain't a fan of Special TTar nor Boah. I'll never use 'em lol.

Lol my bad bro. If that's the route your takin, I'd recommend the Fire Punch. Why? Bc really the only thing aqua tail would cover is ground and rock types like you said, both of which specialize in defense moreso than sp def so aqua tail would probably do about as much damage as one of your ttars STAB attacks. Fire Punch prevent him from being laughed at by skarmory, same going for garchomp whom skarm could (using this term very loosely) possibly stall out from its own toxic stall and eating outrage. Not that it would survive long anyways, but fire punch covers grass as well, which could prove far more annoying to this team than any ground type could. Send in your garchomp to spam guard ground types earthquakes and hit back with force.

Long winded explanation short, fire punch > aqua tail on this set. Plus it isn't much, but the bit of accuracy loss on aqua tail could cost you dearly if it misses at the wrong time.

Yep, those're the exact same thoughts I had... Particularly 'bout the accuracy. Rock Slide is unreliable enough as is with Brightpowder not banned.

If I'm to go with both Rock Slide and Fire Punch; two moves with not-so-acceptable BP; I'm gonna use a LO on TTar then. Unless Sitrus is apparently far better than I thought in 3v3 Singles, I feel the damage boost is simply necessary. LO is a consistent boost whereas Sitrus might protect me from weak priority, and might let me get another DD (which might be unnecessary since if 25% HP lets me take another hit, I must already have a DD or two if the foe doesn't have a STAB super-effective move/isn't offensively potent). Ifs make room for bad luck. When I need this team to play as consistently as possible, bad luck is somethin' I can't afford.

Wynaut, here's my team for singles in World Tournament:

Sableye
~Leftovers
~252 HP, 252 Defense
~Modest
~Prankster
-Calm Mind
-Will o wisp
-Recover
-Dark Pulse

This Sableye can stall out and set up on a lot of Pokemon. It can tank from both sides thanks to Calm Mind and Will o wisp, and also has an immunity to a good amount of attacks. After a few Calm Minds, Dark Pulse hits fairly hard. The main weakness of this Sableye is Pokemon with Guts, Pokemon with Toxic and sleep moves, Fire types, and special attackers that hit very hard. Will o wisp's unreliable accuracy is also an issue.

Ditto
~Focus Sash
~252 HP
~Imposter
-Transform

Because entry hazards are very uncommon here, it's safe to run a focus sash. I chose it over scarf since there's some Pokemon it can copy that suck if they're locked into one move. I mostly have it to counter set up Pokemon, and it's fun to use as well.

Sharpedo
~Life Orb
~252 Attack, 252 Speed
~Adamant
~Speed Boost
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Protect

A last resort cleaner that can go in if Sableye is taken out. It outspeeds pretty much everything thanks to Speed Boost, and hits pretty hard hard with that attack stat.

In rotations and doubles, I add this Hydreigon.

Hydreigon
~Dragon Fang (I'll probably replace it soon)
~Modest
~252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
~Levitate
-Dragon Pulse
-Earth Power
-Flamethrower
-Surf

Hydreigon is capable of OHKOing most Pokemon with its attacks, which would be even more dangerous if I got a better item for it. It outruns most opposing Pokemon, which is good. I might replace Surf since it can't be used in doubles well with this team.

Also, in doubles, I replace Sableye with this Hitmontop:

Hitmontop
~Leftovers
~252 Attack, 252 HP
~Adamant
~Intimidate
-Fake Out
-Mach Punch
-Hi Jump Kick
-Protect

A useful Hitmontop to use in doubles. It hits hard, can flinch the first turn, and has priority in Mach Punch, and can lower opposing attack power with Intimidate. It has a huge problem with Ghost types, though, so I may replace one of the moves with a coverage attack.

No team for triples yet.

I agree CK... Trouble is, Rock Slide is pretty much your only good STAB for Ttar other than Stone Edge... Thn again, if you wanted to forsake STAB and raw power for coverage, Ice Punch and Thunderounch are tutor moves for it now, so you could still pull off a sweep with maximum coverage as opposed to simple STAB...

If u went fire punch and ice punch combo, the only thing really that you would have trouble with is a Gyarados... But a STAB crunch after a dd with life orb would still destroy it straight out.., I dunno, I think you'd be happier with life orb if you go for more coverage with fire punch and with sitrus if you go for STAB with rock slide bc of the miss factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally beat the Champion; OMG FANTASTIC ACHIEVEMENT I R BEST ON WIICHAT LOL!!!!!!!!! Team is as follows; unintentionally a tad overleveled thanks to my Lucky Egg.

Keldeo @ Amulet Coin, Modest, Lv. 66

Surf
Secret Sword
Scald
Cut (... It's not like it needs a fourth move anyways, whereas Sandslash really does lol)

The second most powerful Poke on my team due to it's raw-high stats, fantastic typing, and few but deadly moves t' choose from. Pretty much only Flying/Dragon type foes have a chance to wall it, and even then by hammering at it's weaker defensive stat they will fall before Keldeo. ... Unless they have strong Flying STAB.

Triple STAB 'cause Keldeo has nothin' else to work with specially lol.

Sandslash @ Soft Sand, Impish, Lv. 65

Dig
Rock Slide
Earthquake
X-Scissor

The weakest Poke on my team, but by no means useless. With it's Impish nature and naturally high Defense, this thing tanks any physical threats it wants to. After an X-Defend, Sandslash swept Marshal's team cleanly without a single healing item. It might have the lowest primary attacking stat on my team, but STAB Earthquake with Soft Sand just hits so damn hard. Despite the fact it hindered the team more than helped by soakin' up Exp., my beloved Sandslash still carried it's weight. Never necessary for victory, but at times certainly handy.

Standard double STAB, Rock Slide is for basic coverage and X-Scissor is to hammer them nasty Grass types if need be; it's general coverage as well since it smacks Psychic and Dark types (take THAT Hydreigon) around if need be.

Emboar @ Leftovers, Relaxed, Lv. 61

Scald
Fire Punch
Wild Charge
Hammer Arm

Emboar definitely carried it's weight simply by throwin' it around (... speakin' of, Heat Crash is absolute garbage). From start to finish, my starter destroyed what Lucario couldn't. If Keldeo wasn't around, Emboar would certainly make up for it. Scald is kinda just there to handle Ground types if need be; it'l be replaced by Flare Blitz in due time.

Lucario @ Shell Bell, Relaxed, Lv. 64 (win)

Aura Sphere
Shadow Claw
Ice Punch
Close Combat

My favorite Poke finds it's way onto my team not via egg, but actually as wild caught. <3 As expected thanks to great stats, typing and a movepool, Lucario fought valiantly and earned a spot in the Hall of Fame amazingly well. In regards to the moveset, as per usual the game gives ya more Atk EVs than SpA EVs; Lucario's Attack of 190 is a solid 32 above his Special Attack. Which you might then ask, "why Aura Sphere if it's Special"? 158 SpA is still no joke in-game at this level, and allows 'em to break physical walls as well. Lets me OHKO things I'd need Close Combat for without lowering it's defenses. It's also got twice as much PP as Force Palm. That aside, Ice Punch and Shadow Claw are for coverage 'course. Both moves have come in handy quite a bit.

Genesect @ Scope Lens, Lax, Lv. 63

Flamethrower
X-Scissor
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

So god damn broken. Without Download it'd be absolutely fantastic like Keldeo, but Genesect is just too good in-game. Amazing stats, movepool, and defensive typing means it can always handle it's own. Factor in Download, and it sweeps EVERYTHING. Even bloody Fire types! It's movepool was drastically different last time I picked up my DS though lol. Energy Ball & Bug Buzz replaced Flamethrower & Ice Beam prior to obtaining said TMs. Hell, it had it's original moveset completely untouched until I obtained Energy Ball. Flame Charge was the only move that ended up as bein' "meh" late-game, and as soon as late-game hit I replaced it very quickly with a better move. Genesect is too good in-game. :lol: If it leveled up parallel to how it did in this playthrough but it was my only Pokemon, I'd still beat the entire game with it at lv. 63. It'd just take a few revives while fodder stalls and maybe some X-items.

Last, and most certainly least, various HM slaves. Soon to be Dragonite since it learns bloody everythin' (it'l have Fly/Dive/Strength/Waterfall; Keldeo already knows Surf and Cut).

Wynaut, here's my team for singles in World Tournament:

Sableye
~Leftovers
~252 HP, 252 Defense
~Modest
~Prankster
-Calm Mind
-Will o wisp
-Recover
-Dark Pulse

This Sableye can stall out and set up on a lot of Pokemon. It can tank from both sides thanks to Calm Mind and Will o wisp, and also has an immunity to a good amount of attacks. After a few Calm Minds, Dark Pulse hits fairly hard. The main weakness of this Sableye is Pokemon with Guts, Pokemon with Toxic and sleep moves, Fire types, and special attackers that hit very hard. Will o wisp's unreliable accuracy is also an issue.

Modest definitely works perfectly fine over defensive natures due to priority on WoW/CM, but on the topic of inaccurate WoW, perhaps Bold would be worth consideration. If PWT opponents switch as often as Subway foes do, then this set looks like it's pretty dominating against anythin' not using Band/Specs. And crits as well, 'course. :lol:

Ditto
~Focus Sash
~252 HP
~Imposter
-Transform

Because entry hazards are very uncommon here, it's safe to run a focus sash. I chose it over scarf since there's some Pokemon it can copy that suck if they're locked into one move. I mostly have it to counter set up Pokemon, and it's fun to use as well.

bleh

Sharpedo
~Life Orb
~252 Attack, 252 Speed
~Adamant
~Speed Boost
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Protect

A last resort cleaner that can go in if Sableye is taken out. It outspeeds pretty much everything thanks to Speed Boost, and hits pretty hard hard with that attack stat.

Just ain't strong enough IMO, but I ain't gonna stop ya from usin' your trademark fish by sayin' "there's so much that does this job better", am I? :lol:

In rotations and doubles, I add this Hydreigon.

Hydreigon
~Dragon Fang (I'll probably replace it soon)
~Modest
~252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
~Levitate
-Dragon Pulse
-Earth Power
-Flamethrower
-Surf

Hydreigon is capable of OHKOing most Pokemon with its attacks, which would be even more dangerous if I got a better item for it. It outruns most opposing Pokemon, which is good. I might replace Surf since it can't be used in doubles well with this team.

needz moar timid. Though if ya would do so, a damage-increasing item would be rather necessary. Unfortunately, the dark-shark takes the LO, and I know you ain't much for choice items. Along with the fact Fightin' types have their way with half the team, all of my favorite Dragon's bias aside, I recommend ya swap it out for Latios IF, and only if, this team ain't doin' ya justice. Soul Dew boosts SpD and obviously SpA without keepin' ya locked in moves. Latios is faster, stronger, bulkier on the special side, and STAB Psychic is better than STAB Dark Pulse for the team. Regardless of whether the pseudo or the true legendary dragon is better, Latios is clearly better for this particular team.

That aside, if you're gonna keep Hydreigon like I damn-well know ya will, keep Surf. Protect on 'Pedo and Hitmontop let ya use if whenever need be really, and Ditto has the situational chance of mighty morphin' into a Poke that can comfortably take a Surf; hell, maybe even a Poke with Water Absorb. Drop either Earth Power or Flamethrower depending on your preference/whichever offers better coverage for Protect. When that Mach Punch Conkeldurr or speedy Mienshao is starin' ya down, you won't regret said choice.

Also, in doubles, I replace Sableye with this Hitmontop:

Hitmontop
~Leftovers
~252 Attack, 252 HP
~Adamant
~Intimidate
-Fake Out
-Mach Punch
-Hi Jump Kick
-Protect

A useful Hitmontop to use in doubles. It hits hard, can flinch the first turn, and has priority in Mach Punch, and can lower opposing attack power with Intimidate. It has a huge problem with Ghost types, though, so I may replace one of the moves with a coverage attack.

We've got a clash of movesets here... Without Technician, both priority moves are rather meh. With lefties takin' the place of Life Orb, they're really meh. If ya want to keep the moveset as is, just replace Mach Pawnch with Sucker Pawnch. Ghost problem solved with a middle finger to not-Reuniclus Psychic types as a bonus.

If ya don't like that option (yes, what I'm suggestin' is 9001% better than what you've currently got IMO), make it offensive instead of supportive. Keep the moveset as is, give it Technician and a Fighting Gem. Mach Punch with the gem and Technician is just-plain scary after a Fake Out. If Mach Pawnch's priority is ever unnecessary, STAB Gem-boosted HJK is just insane regardless of a Poke's base Attack. Whereas Intimidate lets ya soak hits better to dish out more, boosted Fake Out & double-boosted Mach Punch lets your team mate dish out more pain by killin' off a threat immediately; a threat that might not care for Intimidate if it's a Special attacker.

Regardless of which one ya pick, I highly recommend switchin' to one'a my alternative moveset ideas if either of 'em catch your eye.

No team for triples yet.

THEY HAVE TRIPLES/ROTATION TOURNAMENTS?! yey

The final verdict, I like the team for PWT singles. For Doubles, there're clearly some improvements to be made however. But who knows, it'l probably still be enough to succeed fairly well as is.

I agree CK... Trouble is, Rock Slide is pretty much your only good STAB for Ttar other than Stone Edge... Thn again, if you wanted to forsake STAB and raw power for coverage, Ice Punch and Thunderounch are tutor moves for it now, so you could still pull off a sweep with maximum coverage as opposed to simple STAB...

If u went fire punch and ice punch combo, the only thing really that you would have trouble with is a Gyarados... But a STAB crunch after a dd with life orb would still destroy it straight out.., I dunno, I think you'd be happier with life orb if you go for more coverage with fire punch and with sitrus if you go for STAB with rock slide bc of the miss factor.

y u forget crunch? wey betr than stone miss lul

Raw power is more important than coverage in 3v3 Singles IMO; though not as much as in Doubles 'course. Even if that wasn't true, relyin' on 75 BP moves for neutral coverage rather than to support STAB abuse absolutely wouldn't cut it. This ain't RBY-RSE where things like BoltBeam are simply amazing for sweeps due to a lower amount of viable Pokes. I've learned this the hard way since the beginnin' of my DP competitive career, let me tell ya. :lol:

Fire Punch/Ice Punch isn't a bad idea, but for TTar I'd say it's not optimal. The only extra type Dark/Fire/Ice hits over Dark/Rock/Fire is Dragon; namely Dragon/Ground types. That's a pretty important foe to hit, 'specially since they can have Sand Veil, but I'm not sure it's worth it t' add one last little gamble to killin' those two Pokes in question whereas a second high BP move (via STAB in this case) is very important to a TTar sweep when it can't hit a foe super effective and Crunch is not very effective. It's 90% accuracy is definitely havin' me considering dual-pawnch though, certainly.

Doin' some actual research to see if what you were sayin' was a good idea, I've discovered a not-so-tried 'n true Dark/Fire/Ground (EQ) set hits super effective more types than any other viable combination I can figure (10 in total). More importantly, quite a few Steel types that normally don't show face will indeed be used, like Aggron or Empoleon. Rock Slide is just generic STAB, the only thing it has over EQ on the DD set is that 30% flinch rate since it's stab they've the same BP... But it has less coverage and accuracy than EQ, so I think I'll run Crunch/EQ/Fire Punch.

Thanks for the input Storm, I definitely wouldn't of thought'a this otherwise without our moveset efficiency discussion. This is the first nugget of truly useful information I've gotten from someone reviewin' my team in a long while, and for that once ya again have my thanks. :lol: ... No offense Nick.

Last edited:
My pleasure, CK. always glad to help and gaining on my overall 'Mon knowledge a I go. Honestly I had a brain fart though and forgot he could learn earthquake... Lmfao how's about that for a misplay of moves eh? Lol. Still, like I said, I'm glad my input was usable to you. Gonna post my own team up shortly... Just gotta figure out exactly what I'm gonna use.

Btw... I loves me ma arcanine that u can get growlithe so early in game isa makin meh smile hahaaaa gotta have ma canine companion.

Bold would be better on Sableye, but I'm too lazy to rebreed, so nothx.

Good job with predicting me to keep both Hydreigon and Sharpedo. [noparse];D[/noparse]

And yeah, Sucker Punch on 'Top over Mach Punch.
... No offense Nick.
;_;

Planned team for Black 2 (Challenge Mode), involves weather.

Serperior (Overgrow)
-Aqua Tail
-Leaf Blade
-Coil
-Leech Seed

A basic set that takes advantage of Drizzle with Aqua Tail, nothing much.

Corsola
(Regenerator)
-Scald
-Recover
-Toxic
-Rock Polish

The point of this set is to act like a mini Sableye. Burn/Poison something, and with high speed, it can keep using Recover as the opponent dies. But I don't know how well it would work, so there's other options.

(Regenerator)

-Recover
-Bide
-Mirror Coat
-Scald

Basically the point is to counter any hits it takes for heavy damage, but it's not good for taking on a lot of foes, even if it could work....

(Regenerator)

-Surf
-Recover
-Rock Polish
-Earth Power

Another mini-Sableye set, only attacking. Can hit fairly hard in rain, at least.....

If you have any other suggestions, please tell me about them, cause this is a f-cking Corsola. :/

Stunfisk (Sand Veil)
-Thunder
-Scald/Surf
-Earth Power
-Double Team

Can evade hits in sand with Sand Veil, and can abuse Thunder and Scald/Surf in the rain.

Beartic (Will rotate with Klinklang) (Swift Swim)
-Icicle Crash
-Bulk Up
-Dive
-Brick Break

A Beartic that's actually pretty fast under rain. It can hit pretty hard, and take hits decently. Dive is also boosted by rain.

Klinklang (Will rotate with Beartic) (Plus/Minus)
-Gear Grind
-Volt Charge
-Shift Gear
-Giga Impact

Pretty crappy movepool, but whatever. It's fairly fast and can set up.

Politoed (Drizzle)
-Surf
-Hypnosis
-Ice Beam
-Psychic/Focus Blast

A standard Politoed. The last attack is pretty much filler.

Tyranitar (Sand Stream)
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Thunder Wave

So, um, opinions? I know it has a few problems, like a big fighting-type weakness.

Derp

Team for who-knows-what.

Stunfisk (Static)
-Discharge
-Earth Power
-Sleep Talk
-Rest

Quagsire (Unaware)
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Yawn
-Recover

Swalot (Liquid Ooze)
-Yawn
-Protect/Stockpile
-Earthquake
-Sludge Wave

Dunsparce (Serene Grace)
-Glare
-Rock Slide
-Roost
-Coil

Slowbro (Regenerator)
-Slack Off
-Psychic
-Scald
-Trick Room

Swoobat (Simple)
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Air Slash
-Heat Wave

Herp

Last edited:
So here's my Black 2 team right now.

Serperior (Shrubbery) (Female) lv. 46
~Overgrow
~Bashful
-Dragon Pulse
-Coil (Soon to be replaced with Calm Mind, of course)
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed

Cincinno (Fluffy) (Male) lv. 46
~Skill Link
~Hasty
-Tail Slap
-Bullet Seed
-Wake Up Slap
-Rock Blast

Vespiquen (Bugger) (Female) lv. 45
~Pressure
~Modest
-Toxic
-Air Slash
-Bug Buzz
-Heal Order

Absol (Darkamena) (Female) lv. 46
~Super Luck
~Hasty
-Superpower
-Slash (Soon to be replaced with Sucker Punch)
-Swords Dance
-Night Slash

Qwilfish (Flines) (Male) lv. 45
~Intimidate
~Impish
-Spikes (May replace)
-Minimize
-Aqua Tail (Will eventually replace with Waterfall)
-Revenge (Soon to be replaced with Poison Jab)

And the final team member is gonna be a Golurk. I decided to throw my plan out the window with the exception of Golurk and just wing it. I haven't winged a team for a while, and I forgot how fun it was!

Showdown UU

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Serious Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Generally used as a physical wall, and can almost always set up Stealth Rock. Roar is used for shuffling, so I can rack up entry hazard damage all the better.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 200 HP / 180 SDef / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam
- Whirlwind

Used to tank hits, as well as shuffle, like Swampert. Doesn't care about status due to Rest + Sleep Talk.

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 132 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Recover
- Taunt

The team troll. Used for blocking rapid spin, spreading status, and killing stall. Toxic and Will o wisp are used on the same set so I can deal with more Pokemon. Will o wisp is used for non fire type physical attackers, and Toxic is used for everything else, particularly bulky Pokemon.

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Protect

The cleaner. Sent out late game to wreck havoc as long as opposing threats to it are taken out and/or weakened, which is made easier by entry hazards.

Roserade (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 132 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Rest

Used to set up Spikes, and is also the team cleric. I've been considering replacing Rest with Sleep Powder so it can be more threatening, while also letting it set up spikes easier.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Trick
- Hyper Beam

You read right; Hyper Beam. I'm still experimenting with it, but since I rarely ever used Hidden Power Fighting, I figured I'd give it a shot. Works well on opposing teams that lack bulky set up Pokemon, since I can Hyper Beam a threat, and proceed to get killed. Often Z is lucky enough to take a hit even during the recharge turn, which means it can attack again. Trick is used for Pokemon that hate being locked into one move, and it usually steals Leftovers, Life Orb, Evolite, or something else. Even if it steals Black Sludge, it can still trick it to another Pokemon.

Last edited:
Back