What's your pokemon team?

Well... I'm always playing different games and can't quite remember what I was doing in each pokemon game. Also, you assume correct, I just can't spell.

OU Monotype-Steel Team

Bird (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Red Robin (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Orihime (Jirachi) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Body Slam
- U-turn

Minato (Cobalion) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon

Dynamite (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Toxic

Geno (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Last edited:
Forgive me for bein' suspicious of those shinnies' legitimacy, but... ya've got two *legendaries with good natures, and one shiny with what is presumably a good HP Grass. ¬_¬

... My shiny huntin' tendencies aside, I can't quite see what use an Offensive Cobalion in OU is. 'Specially with a Life Orb. Also, why's that 'Rachi got an Air Balloon? I'd recommend different Pokes, perhaps somethin' along the lines of a defensive core'a Empoleon/Heatran/Ferrothorn (ain't like your Ground/Fighting weakness is gonna get any better with Steel-monotype lol), but if much to my disbelief ya claim those shinnies are legit, I'd imagine you ain't 'bout t' find more shinnies 'fore your team on a third party's team suggestion. :lol:

On a completely unrelated note, I recently found this awesome damage calculator. T'is awesome, I love it.

Last edited:
Forgive me for bein' suspicious of those shinnies' legitimacy, but... ya've got two *legendaries with good natures, and one shiny with what is presumably a good HP Grass. ¬_¬

I am ashamed to say that no, those shinies are not legitimate, however, their stats and natures are. Also, Jirachi is not shiny, that was an error.

..am I in trouble?

[STRIKE]Trouble is an understatement, you're banned.[/STRIKE] You would'a been in trouble with me had you answer "yea there legitimet lol"... though it'd be with me as a trainer, not a mod. Ya probably know I'm a shiny hunter who doesn't take kindly t' anyone who passes off hacked rarities as legit Pokes. But since you're not a swindler like that, don't mind me. Even if for some abnormal reason I wanted to, it's not like I can ban someone just for usin' cheats and such anyways.

'Sides, I use PokeGen'd teams myself these days, I'm too lazy t' breed 'em proper anymore. :lol:

Anyways, since I gather you're open t' Poke suggestions, keep that Fire/Water/Grass core in mind. Consider Lucario over Cobalion since it's wholly superior at bein' an offensive Fighting-type. Also, these questions still stand.

I can't quite see what use an Offensive Cobalion in OU is. 'Specially with a Life Orb. Also, why's that 'Rachi got an Air Balloon?

I dunno what I was thinking with the Air Balloon, I've replaced it with a Choice Band. I'll use the Lucario, too. I just really like Cobalion. Is this moveset good?

Lucario @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Nature: Modest
- Vaccum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
- Psychic?

Scarf Lucario with Vacuum Wave? lolno

Since Lucario will be switchin' often, it might be a good idea to have it Physical instead'a Special so it can abuse Close Combat's (much higher) power. It has much better coverage moves on the Physical side as well (Ice Punch, namely), which is always important for a good revenge killer usin' a Scarf.

Speakin' of choice items, I've never heard of a Jirachi holdin' Specs or Band. It's base 100 stats aren't really good enough for choice items. Since Scizor already has a Band, you're better off givin' it a more traditional item like Leftovers. Oh, and add Wish t' that moveset. Choice item or not, Jirachi doesn't have the power to just throw around coverage moves and inflict dents. Jirachi's potential as a good Poke lies in it's defensive core capabilities/support movepool... well, that or abuse of Serene Grace and flinch hax. :lol:

Oh, and on that note, I wouldn't recommend any Calm Mind sets for 'Rachi. Your team does need a sweeper, but Jirachi sets up slowly by abusing momentum. Since your entire team is Steel-type, gettin' that momentum via resistances is that much harder, so a quickly set up sweep is needed. For example, Swords Dance Scizor (not that I'm tellin' you to change it's moveset, t'is just an example).

Jesus Christ, I'm THAT terrible at making movesets? I will follow your suggestions, though.
The reason for a Band on Jirachi was because once upon a time, a banded Jirachi wrecked my ****. I guess I suck at Pokèmon, period.

Last edited:
The reason for a Band on Jirachi was because once upon a time, a banded Jirachi wrecked my ****.

I've never encountered or even heard of BandRachi 'fore... do ya have any idea what EVs/moveset it was runnin'?

I guess I suck at Pokèmon, period.

Don't sell yourself so short bro, I'm not some ladderin' pro who can make perfect teams. :lol: I'm speakin' from personal experience from literally a generation ago. I was a great trainer back then, but my thoughts are still invalidated since I haven't at all entered Gen 5's competitive scene. My opinions 'n suggestions are just that: peanut gallery banter. Don't take my word as the gospel of team buildin'.

Speakin' of competitive career, how long you've been competitive battlin'?

Splash_King said:
Speakin' of competitive career, how long you've been competitive battlin'?
Not long, about half a year, although I've played Pokèmon for life. (Not literally, of course, but you know what I mean)
Splash_King said:
Don't sell yourself so short bro
I guess you're right, I can still improve, especially considering I've only played competitively that long.

Aye, ya've got plenty of margin for improvement then. I've been playin' for years and still have a long ways t' go myself. :lol:

Yeah, and I've been playing competitive for less time then Dirge, yet I'm already way better then him. You can go far in a short amount of time.

im bettr than dirge trolololololololololol

hell-no_zpsc2fb9a94.gif

I can't wait t' crush you once I rejoin the competitive scene in Gen VI. ;)

Speaking of crushing people in competitive battles.... Lol

• Metagross
Clear Body
Adamant
Red Card
EVs: 252 atk, 252 HP, 6 spd
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

My starter. Gets in and sets up SR while forcing a switch due to red card and proceeds to smash away. If forced to switch he has enough strength to come back in later with BP to revenge kill.

• Arcanine
Intimidate
Adamant
Air Balloon
EVs: 252 atk, 156 HP, 108 def
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Outrage

Favorite pokemon right here. Flare Blitz is the STAB of choice. Wild Charge can take down Gyarados and other threats to Arcanine that he can outspeed. Close Combat murders Chansey and Heatran. Outrage is this puppies new toy this gen, and with this set he can abuse it. I went with bulk opposed to speed so that this dog can switch in on an opposing dragon threatening my team, have Intimidate cut its attack and have the endurance to take a hit while OHKOing with Outrage.

• Hydreigon
Levitate
Timid
Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse

All about coverage here. Excellent STABs rounded out with Fire Blast for Steel Types and Superpower for the likes of Chansey and other walls.

• Mamoswine
Thick Fat
Jolly
Choice Band
EVs: 252 atk, 252 spd, 6 HP
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Icicle Crash

My choice revenge killer for the group. Primarily using that awesome attack stat with STAB Choiced Ice Shard is nothing to scoff at, all the while forcing dragons to turn tail and run from this mammoth. Obvious coverage moves otherwise, Icicle Crash for those bulky Grass types that need an extra kick to get rid of.

• Gliscor
Poison Heal
Jolly
Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP, 108 def, 108 SpDef, 40 spd
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Most. Annoying. Pokemon. Ever. Period.

Rotom- W
Levitate
Modest
Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP, 56 SpAtk, 220 spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Hidden Power Ice

Can't decide between Pain Split or Hidden Power Ice... Prolly gonna do Pain Split. Volt Switch provides some momentum for my team and good STAB, Hydro Pump hitting hard especially with the prevalence of Rain teams nowadays. With his bulk, Will-O-Wisp allows me to cripple sweepers.

Back