Ice beam
surf
Hydro pump

kyroge: lv 89

sheer cold
thunder
water spout
waterfall

as you can tell I'm really on the offensive side, any advice to improve?

Suicune and Sableye aren't very offensive, actually. Gardevoir and Metagross are too slow to be raw offensive too; Gardevoir is more of a special tank/supporter that hits hard.

Aaaanyways... You'll have to take off that Kyogre before I give advice/an analysis, it's an uber (no, Suicune isn't), which puts you into an ubers battle. You'd get slaughtered in an uber fest, lol.

I'm not sure what to replace kyroge with.
I have Tropius: lv 78

Sunny Day
Solarbeam
aerial ace
fly

hows that.

Tropius is better than a Kyogre since it's uber, but... still pretty bad.

If you want offensive pokes, you need to get rid of Tropius. Sunny Day only worsens Suicune's Water move damage, and increases Metgross' weakness to fire. It's a bad idea, really.

Sableye also isn't nearly strong enough for being purely offensive; confuse ray isn't really enough. If you want a Ghost type for offensive duty/a little support (in the form of Hypnosis), Gengar would do well.

As for Tropius, there are a lot of better Grass Types; for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, something like Roserade is not only faster, but hits much harder, and has a better movepool.

Anyways... For Suicune, drop Blizzard, too low accuracy and you have Ice Beam. Also, drop either Hydro Pump or Surf, either one will do. Surf is generally better for Suicune, but... eh. Your choice.

The moves to replace on Suicune should be something like... Calm Mind/Tailwind. Tailwind really helps your slow team out for a few turns. For 3 turns, Tailwind doubles all your pokemon's speed, handy right? Since your team is slow, it can help you sweep the enemy team.

Calm Mind is more along the lines of sweeping the enemy. Since it boosts sp. def, you'll take special hits very well. The Sp. atk boost lets you obviously, sweep. Suicune doesn't hit very hard, so Calm Mind is a very welcome strategy. Also, it'd be best to only have either Calm Mind or Tailwind, having both probably isn't too smart. You can do that to make Suicune a speed demon for two turns, but I don't think it's worth it to have both.

For the last slot, you could have Shadow Ball as another offensive option, but it's coverage is limited. A great idea is Reflect; it supports your team even further, and pairs great with Calm Mind. With both, you take little damage from both special AND physical attacks, so you're free to Calm Mind a few times, and sweep with immense Sp. atk.

For Gardevoir, drop Destiny Bond and Dream Eater. Destiny Bond can't be applied effectively since she's slow, and Dream Eater is unreliable; Psychic only has 15 less power, and you don't need to risk the 60% accuracy Hypnosis every time.

For Gardevoir, she's not fast or sturdy enough to be pure offensive, so she's better left for support. However, she still hits hard, so give her Psychic; keep Shadow Ball if you don't give Shadow Ball to Suicune. If you do give Shadow Ball to Suicune, it's a good idea to give Gardevoir Thunderbolt.

Besides that, the last moveslot should be either Will-O-Wisp, or Thunderwave. Will-O-Wisp crushes physical attackers, meaning with Suicune's Reflect up, physical attackers can't do squat against your team. Gardevoir and Suicune have high Sp. def (especially when using Calm Mind), so Will-O-Wisp is a great choice.

However, if you don't use Tail Wind on Suicune, I highly recommend Thunderwave. Thunderwave slows down anything not a ground type/has Volt Absorb, making your team have a speed advantage. With this, all your pokemon should be moving first against a paralyzed one, meaning you have a huge advantage. This also lets Suicune Calm Mind up easier if an enemy can't attack a turn or two, which makes Thunderwave a great idea.

Metagross needs to drop Hyper Beam and Psychic, they're useless on him since he's a physical attacker. Simply put. Keep Earthquake and Meteor Mash, though.

Metagross is pretty easy to use as a physical attacker, a simple thing you can do with him is give him a Choice Band to hold, and give him the moves Explosion and Thunderpunch. Right then and there, he becomes a wrecking ball of destruction. Simple, right?

Well, there's the team analysis. I won't give one for Tropius or Sableye because they're generally inferior; if you're bent on using them, I'd gladly give you some advice, though.

yeah I didn't think that through when deciding to have sunny day.
thanks for the analysis, I might to abit of tinkering with my team.

Last edited:
i need help now. i've been avoiding the Battle Fronteir cause i wanted to raise some strong pokes first, but now i think i'm ready. i just need item help and possible moveset help.

→Infernape
Thunderpunch
Flame Wheel
Close Combat
???(Rock Climb currently)

→Metagross
Meteor Mash
Psychic
Earthquake
???(currently Agility)

→Latios with Soul Dew
Dragon Claw
Draco Meteor
???(currently Psychic)
???(currently Dragon Dance)

Heres my new team. I tried to make it much more balanced with plenty of support.

Drapion @ Leftovers
Hasty
Sniper
-Crunch
-Cross Poison
-Ice Fang
-Toxic Spikes

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Adamant
Pressure
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch
-Earthquake
-Pain Split

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Adamant
Guts
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Stone Edge
-Facade

Froslass @ Life Orb
Hasty
Snow Cloak
-Ice Beam
-Ice Shard
-Thunder Wave
-Destiny Bond

Lucario @ Life Orb
Naughty
Steadfast
-Extremespeed
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch
-Swords Dance

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
Careful
Sturdy
-Curse
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Iron Head

Ok, so my idea is to lead with Drapion and set up with Toxic Spikes, then he can hold his own with the listed moves and Nature, Hasty in case the opponent OHKO's him, he'll still be able to set up Toxic Spikes. Dusknoir comes in throwing a bone in, taking advantage of his movepool and good atttack instead of worrying about wearing them down with status. That would be expected, besides, the Toxic Spikes should do their job unless the switch in a poison, which would simply pull their team out of order.

Ursaring with Guts + Facade is scary, Toxic rb doing the job. He's not meant to last long, especially with his lack of speed. The poison will sap his health, but his strength with a Facade at base 140 to use at whim is very scary, plus Guts boost.

Froslass @ Life Orb to pump his STAB moves; Thunder Wave used to cripple anything Toxic Spikes dont hit or if they are removed, and Hasty Nature to ensure she can get off Destiny Bond before death.

Lucario + Attack Nature + Swords Dance + Any attack = Scary for opponent.
Extremespeed to outhit his faster yet fragile foes. I decided to opt for a wide range of attack, possible Sweep, but that is doused with my using of Life Orb.

Bastiodon being the all around "Great Wall". Was thinking Metal Burst, possibly will use, but the Curse adds to his already overwhelming defense, while pumping attack for Iron Head can even make Bastiodon scary. Plus Rest and Sleep Talk is his only recovery set while allowing options for his moves open.

Review anyone?

i need help now. i've been avoiding the Battle Fronteir cause i wanted to raise some strong pokes first, but now i think i'm ready. i just need item help and possible moveset help.

→Infernape
Thunderpunch
Flame Wheel
Close Combat
???(Rock Climb currently)

→Metagross
Meteor Mash
Psychic
Earthquake
???(currently Agility)

→Latios with Soul Dew
Dragon Claw
Draco Meteor
???(currently Psychic)
???(currently Dragon Dance)

Before I say anything; are your pokes EV trained? If they aren't you're instantly screwed... just saying.

Heres my new team. I tried to make it much more balanced with plenty of support.

Drapion @ Leftovers
Hasty
Sniper
-Crunch
-Cross Poison
-Ice Fang
-Toxic Spikes

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Adamant
Pressure
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch
-Earthquake
-Pain Split

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Adamant
Guts
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Stone Edge
-Facade

Froslass @ Life Orb
Hasty
Snow Cloak
-Ice Beam
-Ice Shard
-Thunder Wave
-Destiny Bond

Lucario @ Life Orb
Naughty
Steadfast
-Extremespeed
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch
-Swords Dance

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
Careful
Sturdy
-Curse
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Iron Head

Ok, so my idea is to lead with Drapion and set up with Toxic Spikes, then he can hold his own with the listed moves and Nature, Hasty in case the opponent OHKO's him, he'll still be able to set up Toxic Spikes. Dusknoir comes in throwing a bone in, taking advantage of his movepool and good atttack instead of worrying about wearing them down with status. That would be expected, besides, the Toxic Spikes should do their job unless the switch in a poison, which would simply pull their team out of order.

Ursaring with Guts + Facade is scary, Toxic rb doing the job. He's not meant to last long, especially with his lack of speed. The poison will sap his health, but his strength with a Facade at base 140 to use at whim is very scary, plus Guts boost.

Froslass @ Life Orb to pump his STAB moves; Thunder Wave used to cripple anything Toxic Spikes dont hit or if they are removed, and Hasty Nature to ensure she can get off Destiny Bond before death.

Lucario + Attack Nature + Swords Dance + Any attack = Scary for opponent.
Extremespeed to outhit his faster yet fragile foes. I decided to opt for a wide range of attack, possible Sweep, but that is doused with my using of Life Orb.

Bastiodon being the all around "Great Wall". Was thinking Metal Burst, possibly will use, but the Curse adds to his already overwhelming defense, while pumping attack for Iron Head can even make Bastiodon scary. Plus Rest and Sleep Talk is his only recovery set while allowing options for his moves open.

Review anyone?

Blaaaah, that's the same one from a month ago or so, isn't it... Argh, I'm truly sorry Storm, I'm simply a lazy **** who forgets things... I have no excuse for my stupidity. .-. I'll get to that moveset in a few minutes, promise.

Thanks CK. And no, the one awhile ago was the crappy Ghost theme team. This one is much more balanced, other than the obvious fighting weakness, which can be countered with a couple pokes on my team.

'Gross and 'Ape are though i'm not sure of how well i did, first pokes i EV trained. not sure about Latios cause i got it from a friend at level 92. i EV trained the rest though...as well as i could

'Gross and 'Ape are though i'm not sure of how well i did, first pokes i EV trained. not sure about Latios cause i got it from a friend at level 92. i EV trained the rest though...as well as i could

Well, Infernape and 'Gross need a specific EV spread for specific sets, as you know. I honestly can't help you unless I know their EVs. ... Latios is probably a lost cause as well.

Thanks CK. And no, the one awhile ago was the crappy Ghost theme team. This one is much more balanced, other than the obvious fighting weakness, which can be countered with a couple pokes on my team.

No, I'm pretty sure I saw that team when scanning over the thread, awhile ago... Eh, whatever. I'll be on it soon; Wiichat's bitching, and I need to handle something.

Combos/Movesets.

Need an opinion if these are good. no specific poke, but i have roles.

1.Tanker
Hyonosis & Dream eater
2.Wall
Toxic, protect, endure, & recover/wish
3.Lead/wall (sun team)
Sunny day, Spikes, Toxic spikes, & moon light/morning sun/synthesis

Good combos? or no?

Alright then, don't say I didn't warn you though; before I do the analysis for Storm and your moveset advice, I need to say I can't do it tonight... I've been exhausted today, and I plan on sleeping extremely early for once. Lack of sleep is catching up to me... .-. Sorry, I'll definatly do it tomorrow though; just remember to post here to remind me/let me post without double posting.

Combos/Movesets.

Need an opinion if these are good. no specific poke, but i have roles.

1.Tanker
Hyonosis & Dream eater
2.Wall
Toxic, protect, endure, & recover/wish
3.Lead/wall (sun team)
Sunny day, Spikes, Toxic spikes, & moon light/morning sun/synthesis

Good combos? or no?

Hypnosis only has 60 accuracy, and Psychic has only 15% less power (STAB factored in). This makes Dream Eater unreliable, and useless in a sleep clause match. That's a no-go strategy.

Toxic, protect, and recover/wish is a classic toxi-stall set. No endure though, it's pretty pointless; slap on an attack move instead. Can't let something be entirely walled by taunt.

I have no idea if any pokes that learn spikes/toxic spikes also can make use of sunny day, but... eh. Not recommend. Lead Tyranitar can just kill your sunny day-er, come back in, and get rid of the sunlight permanently. The sun HP restoring moves are also unreliable, they really aren't a good idea; only use them if you have no other HP recovery moves.

Also, setting up Sunny Day and then Toxic/Spikes takes too long, a lead should be dedicated to one or the other, IMO.

Last edited:
Endure & protect...
can they work no fail back to back... to back?

Because, use toxic, wish, protect, endure, protect, then wish comes in...

Back