Where are all the decent titles?

Interesting though, when 2008 was coming people were saying "just wait, they will announce more games" now that 2008 is here, we have to wait until the end of 2008. I wonder what people will say at the end of 2008 and still no good games outside of Nintendo.

ally_uk said:
Now before you say mario kart or smash bros I'm not a big fan of these titles

My Wii collection currently consists of

Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Zelda Twilight Princess
Resi Evil 4
Zack and Wiki
My Sims ( ex g/f bought this personally I think it's a pile of ass )
Red Steel ( Horrendous game might I add! )
Wii Sports

Gamecube

Skies Of Arcadia Legends
Metroid Prime 2
Resident evil remake
Tony Hawks underground 1

Now 2008 for me is looking pretty shitty to be honest where are the adult orientated games?

Apart from No More Heroes and Disaster day of crisis it's looking pretty dull

Anyone interested in buying my wii? lol

Capcom need to sort it out aswell forget zero bring us resi evil 5 for christs sakes!

It's all well that Nintendo are getting on top of things again but they seriously need to stop bringing out casual crap and stop milking there franchises and give us something fresh!

A PS3 is on the cards it seems!

Again, its you not liking Nintendo games as a whole anymore.
I don't understand why you continue to make similar threads, saying the same stuff over and over. Just buy another console already.

Also, enough trash talk about third party developers. Shovelware and bad games were early on in the Wii's life. Things are getting better. If your still not satisfied move on. It takes time to make games, and developers said they would work harder near the end of last year. So them coming out this year at the end or early of next is believable.

Last edited:
_Just give the Wii that extra lil chance and time it needs.
Thats what I'm doing. If nothing more comes in the Wii's direction,
upgrade onto a PS3. I am still on the should i/ should i not line.

T3kNi9e said:
Interesting though, when 2008 was coming people were saying "just wait, they will announce more games" now that 2008 is here, we have to wait until the end of 2008. I wonder what people will say at the end of 2008 and still no good games outside of Nintendo.

i think there will be games in the end of 2008 because of the holidays. personally i dont think this problem with the lack of 3rd party support will change. Mark my words, if it doesnt change by mid to end of 2009 dont count on the wii getting 3rd party support.

The Wii isn't a system you should be playing if you want adult-oriented games, anyways. That's one of the reasons I have a Wii...I've never much cared for the "adult-oriented" category of gaming. While I've had some fun with FPS games here and there, and played a couple M-rated games I liked, I'm just not as into that.

I have a PS3 in addition to the Wii, and for the person above me who recommends buying the PS3...I'd wait on it, in all honesty. I love my ps2, and while the ps3 definitely has the potential and the surefire hits (MGS4, Final Fantasy XIII, Et Cetera), those titles won't be coming out for some time (not so sure about MGS4, anyone have any idea?) and it will take sometime before developers are able to fully realize and properly implement the PS3's power. As of right now, there's not much it has going for it that really shines in comparison to, say, the 360...outside of a Blu-Ray player, better hardware (that hasn't really been utilized as of yet), and no problematic failure rate. ;D

All the critics are saying that the Wii is a great console for FPSs(controls wise) The developers need to act on this and turn some heads...

Gam3rFr3ak said:
All the critics are saying that the Wii is a great console for FPSs(controls wise) The developers need to act on this and turn some heads...

I think that developers would rather develop first person shooters on the PS3/Xbox 360, all things considered. Those two consoles are what I would deem the primary shooter consoles, with the 360 being the most shooter-friendly.

I don't think first person shooters would be quite as popular on the Wii as the other two consoles, even with the controls. But hey, I could be wrong.

The title bothers me to.

"Where are all the decent titles?"

They are here, some of the best games Nintendo has ever made are coming out. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart. Apparently those two don't interest you in the least, and I really don't know why. Then there is the prospects of a new StarFox game, Donkey Kong etc.

If you don't like the other games coming out this year, thats great. The appeal for Nintendo for you just isn't there, and you should have really known what you were getting yourself into with the console. Super Smash Bros. and Kart are big things for Nintendo, as well as many others. These are expected to carry on through with Nintendo, if you don't like that idea or the direction they are going sell your Wii.

CantGetAWii said:
The title bothers me to.

"Where are all the decent titles?"

They are here, some of the best games Nintendo has ever made are coming out. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart. Apparently those two don't interest you in the least, and I really don't know why. Then there is the prospects of a new StarFox game, Donkey Kong etc.

If you don't like the other games coming out this year, thats great. The appeal for Nintendo for you just isn't there, and you should have really known what you were getting yourself into with the console. Super Smash Bros. and Kart are big things for Nintendo, as well as many others. These are expected to carry on through with Nintendo, if you don't like that idea or the direction they are going sell your Wii.

So 2-3 good games a year should be sufficient to sustain the interest of hardcore gamers? So far, that's what it's been and will be for at least another year. That's perfectly acceptable? So when the PS3/360 get double the AAA titles, people should still be content with the Wii? Why? Because it's from Nintendo? Fanboyism?

Personally, I don't care. SSBB and Mario Kart could probably carry me for years. But then again, I don't play games often. I feel bad for all the hardcore games with only a Wii.

Atomheart said:
So 2-3 good games a year should be sufficient to sustain the interest of hardcore gamers? So far, that's what it's been and will be for at least another year. That's perfectly acceptable? So when the PS3/360 get double the AAA titles, people should still be content with the Wii? Why? Because it's from Nintendo? Fanboyism?

Personally, I don't care. SSBB and Mario Kart could probably carry me for years. But then again, I don't play games often. I feel bad for all the hardcore games with only a Wii.

Yeah, I feel bad for them too because its not like they cant just sell there wii to get a "hardcore" Gaming system. you act like nintendo tricked you into buying a wii.

DONT BUY A WII IF...
1.All you play games for is the graphics
2.The only games you play are ones where you hold a gun.
3.You dont like nintendo games

idjut said:
here's a shocker:
you can't please all the people all the time. :)

now this is not a smartaleck comment to begin a online fight.

chin up... there are PS3 owners that may feel that Nintendo is on the cards. i bet the number of happy wii owners outnumbers the unhappy ones by a land slide.

we just happen to see people post in wiichat to vent... how lame would wiichat be if the thousands of happy customers wrote threads like:

YAY I LOVE MY WII, HOW ABOUT YOU?

YAY I LOVE MY WIIIIIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by idjut
here's a shocker:
you can't please all the people all the time.

now this is not a smartaleck comment to begin a online fight.

chin up... there are PS3 owners that may feel that Nintendo is on the cards. i bet the number of happy wii owners outnumbers the unhappy ones by a land slide.

we just happen to see people post in wiichat to vent... how lame would wiichat be if the thousands of happy customers wrote threads like:

YAY I LOVE MY WII, HOW ABOUT YOU?

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
YAY I LOVE MY WIIIIIII

Yeah, But i come to the wiichat gaming forum to get news and reviews on new games and such, not treads like "wii is boring" and "should i sell my wii". Its a waste of time and clutters the boards. if the ps3 really had such a great 2008 lineup they would all own one and be to busy posting about how great ps3 games are to even visit wiichat.

Atomheart said:

Where did I say there was only two games coming out this year? I was just talking mainly about two and how they are big games for Nintendo. Thats what I was saying. Plus there is more than 2 good games coming out for Wii this year IMO.

CantGetAWii said:
Where did I say there was only two games coming out this year? I was just talking mainly about two and how they are big games for Nintendo. Thats what I was saying. Plus there is more than 2 good games coming out for Wii this year IMO.
for sure like tales of symphonia, disaater, star wars force unleashed, okami, bully etc

Back