Which Ipod?

i would say if you can afford it get a video iPod. I got a black Nano iPod for christimas 2005 and i wish i would of got a video iPod because it holds alot more songs and can also play videos.

TopherD05 said:
i would say if you can afford it get a video iPod. I got a black Nano iPod for christimas 2005 and i wish i would of got a video iPod because it holds alot more songs and can also play videos.

That is the whole thing I have against I-pods. Other brands are just as good for less money. I-pods are good quality products but the price drives people away more than apple knows imo.

haha Zens = crap. About 10 of my friends had Zens and they all had them break. Not only software crash, but the player itself has broken. Architecturally the Zens are crap, face plates breaking off, ports coming loose and shaking out. And the customer support is terrible when it breaks and you try to get a new one.

That's why Apple products can be more expensive. They actually put some thought into the design of their products.

From what I've read, the Zune got bad ratings.

And as for everyone complaining about file formats and DRM and whatnot. It realy doesn't matter. There are countless numbers of utilities out there to crack DRM, convert file type (audio AND video) and stuff. So if you know what you're doing, you can play just about anything on anything. Emphasis on the JUST ABOUT

Yeah, and look and what Steve Jobs said about DRM just a week or so ago:
So if the music companies are selling over 90 percent of their music DRM-free, what benefits do they get from selling the remaining small percentage of their music encumbered with a DRM system? There appear to be none. If anything, the technical expertise and overhead required to create, operate and update a DRM system has limited the number of participants selling DRM protected music. If such requirements were removed, the music industry might experience an influx of new companies willing to invest in innovative new stores and players. This can only be seen as a positive by the music companies.

Much of the concern over DRM systems has arisen in European countries. Perhaps those unhappy with the current situation should redirect their energies towards persuading the music companies to sell their music DRM-free. For Europeans, two and a half of the big four music companies are located right in their backyard. The largest, Universal, is 100% owned by Vivendi, a French company. EMI is a British company, and Sony BMG is 50% owned by Bertelsmann, a German company. Convincing them to license their music to Apple and others DRM-free will create a truly interoperable music marketplace. Apple will embrace this wholeheartedly.
Source

tank said:
haha Zens = crap. About 10 of my friends had Zens and they all had them break. Not only software crash, but the player itself has broken. Architecturally the Zens are crap, face plates breaking off, ports coming loose and shaking out. And the customer support is terrible when it breaks and you try to get a new one.

That's why Apple products can be more expensive. They actually put some thought into the design of their products.

From what I've read, the Zune got bad ratings.

And as for everyone complaining about file formats and DRM and whatnot. It realy doesn't matter. There are countless numbers of utilities out there to crack DRM, convert file type (audio AND video) and stuff. So if you know what you're doing, you can play just about anything on anything. Emphasis on the JUST ABOUT

Wow, complete opposite over here. Everyone has Zens and have lasted a long time. A couple have I-pods and they broke, let alone replacing the battery. I would say to the "put some thought into the design of their products." that it is a bunch of BS. Yeah, they look really good and have an intuitive control scheme, but it scratches and gets fingerprints almost as bad as a psp. Now, you say, get a case for it then. If they make it look good, why would I want to cover it up? And, out of all three, Ipod is easily the most fragile.

^^^^^ I have to agree there :)

99% of people who have Ipods buy them just to say they have an Ipod. It's always in my Pocket so it doesn't have to look nice. Plus my last one was in my Back Pocket so no wonder it broke lol

I've got the Zen now anways

Wii_Smurf said:
99% of people who have Ipods buy them just to say they have an Ipod.

yeah I'll agree with you there. I had my iPod way before the the wave. I was one of 3 people who had them, the other was my brother and my Latin / Digital Vid teacher. Then it was like a plague, everyone started getting them.

And Brawny, anything MP3 player is going to start to look bad if you don't take care of it. The chrome on my back of my iPod is still in good condition, I actually use it to make sure i get stuff off my face (i have bbq alot :p ). A lot of spoiled brats have their parents buy them and then they don't take care of them. There is this one kind of skin that works amazing for iPods. It's this material by 3M. Some super strong polymer. It's perfectly clear and it applies like a window cling. The demo vid on the website shows a guy striking his iPod over and over with a key, and not a single scratch once the film is removed. And the best part is, it doesn't make you iPod look like a hunky piece of rubber.

I'm not trying to swing your opinions either, iPod / Zen /Zune/ whatever is like a Chevy / Ford thing. It's whatever you like (unless you're all fanboy-ish)

i want to get a new 2nd gen ipod nano in black, but black only comes with 8gb, which is $250...which is the same price as a 30GB iPod video........................

..teh ****?

i want a 2gb or even 4gb black
anyone know of any news concerning this?
lower gb black ipods?

Well I have a DAH-1500i 1GB MobiBLU Cube. It is a 1 x 1 box and it even has a screen FM radio and a recording system. It was only 80USD and it has lasted me 2 years so far. They have now come out with one with a color screen that plays videos and holds pics or a .5 inch screen. Its so awsome and tiny and highly portable. Just don't missplace it. Its a ***** to find.

tank said:
Because shuffle if the greatest thing to happen to portable media players.

I have 3500 songs or so. of course I'm not gonna listen to all of them on one outing. But i like all 3500 songs I have. So just toss it on shuffle, it's a surprise at every song.

i have 20 odd gigs worth, did have 80gig but most transferre 2 disc now to make space.

I orderd myslf the ipod video should come in door in morning Yay!, i like loads of songs on mine,. ok ya wont listen 2 them all on 1 out day, but if ya like alsorts of music, such as myself. ya need to beable to pick something u like.

Cant get up in morning Right train home 2night I feel a metallica bash comin.
then ya get to the train then ya want Slipknot or sumit. Then its a bummer.

Even beta to get podcasts on,. Galaxys confession Hour is so ace.

Im new to ipod, never ownd but used and i must say they aint bad, over priced but aint bad

Tell ya 1 thing though itunes is a big pile of Ya no wot.

I just lost all my music files due to that, and loads i didnt even have backed up :(

Back