Why No Capcom Characters in Brawl?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
With all the characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, there are a few that are missing. Where's Mega-Man? That character certainly wouldn't be out of place. Or what about Chun-Li or Ryu? The SNES controller was designed to suit the Street Fighter II port! Likewise, those characters would be right at home with the Smash Bros. Want to know why? Several insiders tell us that Nintendo was apparently still upset about GameCube exclusive Resident Evil 4 going multi-platform, and thus, decided not to include Capcom characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl during development. However, with Capcom making a valiant effort at third part Wii developing with Zack & Wiki, do expect better relations between the two companies. Old wounds do heal — even when you are Nintendo! Heck, we wouldn't be surprised if Capcom and Nintendo were ironing out a deal for the developer to make more Wii titles.

Source

OR maybe nintendo just didn't put them in cause they didn't want to

why wasn't bomberman in? was nintendo mad at hudson?
what about sora? ninty pissed off as square?

does everything need a reason? I'm sure if Sakurai strongly wanted megaman in brawl, megaman would be in brawl

Good point.
I think its quite silly all of this not putting in nonsense, just wanted to see how others felt. Guess its the same :lol:

mega man would be kind of a clone of samus(i dont know much about megaman) but i would like to see bomberman he would be great

Omfg, i'm tired of all the idiots saying megaman would be a clone, thats like saying link and ike are clones because they both have swords. the only move samus and megaman have in common are the Mega Buster/i think its Plasma Cannon. the rest of them are completely different.

Borderline spoiler in the title. I don't really care, but someone might.

Just lookin out.

i was dissapointed that no more third party made it on brawl after Sonic and Snake
heck i wouldn't have minded megaman on brawl!!!!!

It's like some people want Nintendo to produce a fighting game with every character in...

I doubt RE4 was the reason heavily.

no seriously i would like megaman in brawl
all the old school characters fighting each other
mario vs megaman vs sonic vs link
i would prefer sora vs link but i'm all right with that

And I would like to not have this game ruined for me, but we don't always get what we want, do we?

Capcom has some great characters I'd love to see in brawl (Bomberman particularly), but there are other characters I would've liked liked to see, like
Sora, Rayman, Geno, Cloud, NiGHTS, Samba de Amigo, Pac-Man, and Simon Belmont
Well, maybe smash bros. 4 will answer my prayers.

I like how you didn't mention Ridley.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I like how you didn't mention Ridley.
Ridley is top of my list for wanted characters, but he's not 3rd party, so I didn't include him.
I guess I'll have to settle for playing his boss fight repeatedly this time around

Back