Why oh why does Nintendo of America hate Earthbound!

Atomheart

M'bating to Z Suit Samus
Jul 30, 2007
WI
Why oh why oh why does Nintendo of America HATE Earthbound? Let's take a look at SSBB: there are FOUR Earthbound characters, TWO Earthbound stages, and several Earthbound trophies in the game, yet Nintendo absolutely refuses to release anything EB related in the US? To top it off, the Japanese version gets an Earthbound demo in the game. WHY!!!!!!!!!! I hate you Nintendo!

what do you mean 4 characters?

are you counting trophies? or porky and pig statue? jeff?

and i don't know why, someone should send an e-mail to ninty asking why the u.s. version didn't get it, and see what kind of answer they come up with

mushroomedmario said:
what do you mean 4 characters?

are you counting trophies? or porky and pig statue? jeff?

and i don't know why, someone should send an e-mail to ninty asking why the u.s. version didn't get it, and see what kind of answer they come up with

The two playable characters, Jeff as an assist character, and Porky as a SSE boss.

I'd be very interested to hear why they removed the game from the US release. It defies all logic. Why REMOVE content that already exists? You can no longer go along with the hypothesis that they aren't releasing it in fear of it not selling well. I'm really willing to be there is some legal reason as to why Nintendo CANNOT release any Earthbound related game in the US.

It'll never see these shores. Time to boot up the old em...never mind.

well there's also the fact that the games are different in the u.s. than japan..what if they ran out of time "aww **** we delayed the game 3 times and we still haven't translated this stuff.....oh well let's just scrap it"

I play earthbound on a DS with the R4DS in it, it's awsome! :)

I agree. It seems NOA does have some sort of problem with Earthbond. They removed Earthbound from the masterpieces which really upset me. There is absolutely no talk of Earthound coming to the Wii Virtual COnsole either. I hate that. Im a big Mother (Earthbound) fan and I am on a quest to see Eathbound back in the states.

They removed Earthbound from the masterpieces on Brawl? Dang, I was hoping to give it a try. Still, they are doing imports on VC so maybe Europe will get lucky and finally be able to play it.

GenisSage said:
I agree. It seems NOA does have some sort of problem with Earthbond. They removed Earthbound from the masterpieces which really upset me. There is absolutely no talk of Earthound coming to the Wii Virtual COnsole either. I hate that. Im a big Mother (Earthbound) fan and I am on a quest to see Eathbound back in the states.

Like I said, I think there is a really why they CANNOT release the game. It's not about potential sales or anything like that. Therefore, I just wish they'd come out and tell us why they can't. Why torture us (the fans of the game) by giving us glints of hope?

they didnt put a earthbound demo in brawl and this is my guess is because it isnt released in the VC shop as i thought the demo's were on there just so you could try them and then buy them?
who knows i like earthbound tho great game.

After all this talk about Earthbound; I would'nt mind playing it myself.
The only problem is, most of the characters on Smash Bros. have a history. I have no history of Earthbound because i've never been able to play the game!

I would love to see Earthbound for the Virtual Console, and perhaps the rest of the Mother series released in western territories, but until that day, Nintendo is forcing me to "get my Ness on" in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and through SNES emulation.

I hope that, someday, I can actually OWN Earthbound. V_V;

I've never played it so I don't know Ness outside of Smash Bros. Guess I missed the age cutoff when people were fans of 'Earthbound'.

OO7 said:
how do you play earthbound on your ds?? i wanna play too!

u need an R4DS chip then u just install an emulator on it and download SNES roms, it plays exactly like the SNES version did but on a DS :)

Back