wii deserve better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firts off games take a long time to make the games we are seeing come out now were being made a couple years ago... a couple years ago they probably didnt think nintendo would be beating 360 let alone killing ps3... they put the games where they "thought" the money was.

Ontop of that 3rd party games usually sell there rights to the highest bidder... sony/microsoft not having a huge selection of 1st and 2nd party games like nintendo, they usually are the highest bidder eaither taking or sharing rights to a game for a set amount of time before it can be released on another system. Remeber sony makes nothing off its systems only its games it relys on games and accesories to make any profit at all, xbox isnt much different... But this is good for developers because they get a chunk of cash before the game even sells, and they dont have to rely on game sales to recoup expenses... you would do it too if you knew it was a sure bet to atleast break even... And normally they are aloud the rights back after a set amount of time 3-18 months and then they sell it to the other consoles

The worst part is Nintendo wont buy 3rd party rights thats why! nintendo only makes money off gaming not computers and electronics as well... they have to make a profit to survive so not only do they not pay for these exclusive rights but they also take more of the profit from game sales then the other 2 systems...

dollar to dollar nintendo makes more money off there games,assecories, and systems then any other console company... but they have to they dont have anything else to fall back on to bail them out if they mess up... cough cough bill gates...

just watch over the next year with 3rd party games as they catch up to current sale levels you will see more and more 3rd partys being released on all 3 systems soley because they will loose a chance at 50% of the market if they dont offer it for the wii at the same time...

Lol... a wii isn't a gamecube with new controls... its TOTALLY different.

The Wii is a new system, it's NOTHING like the gamecube at all, the gamecube was a great system, and the Wii is something new. The gamecube was like a building block for nintendo, the Wii is what they've been trying to get at for awhile. And you gotta realize, the Wii isn't nintendo's only product, they also have alot of focus on the DS, while the psp is a side product to sony, and microsoft has yet to reveal a portable system. So I'm happy with my Wii and will stick with nintendo till the end, cus they are the best :cool:

Wiimoto said:
Lol... a wii isn't a gamecube with new controls... its TOTALLY different.

The Wii is a new system, it's NOTHING like the gamecube at all, the gamecube was a great system, and the Wii is something new. The gamecube was like a building block for nintendo, the Wii is what they've been trying to get at for awhile. And you gotta realize, the Wii isn't nintendo's only product, they also have alot of focus on the DS, while the psp is a side product to sony, and microsoft has yet to reveal a portable system. So I'm happy with my Wii and will stick with nintendo till the end, cus they are the best :cool:
People say the Wii is just like a gamecube because it didn't drastically improve graphical qualities and stuff like that. They basically just made a new more interactive way to play video games.

zeon your telling me things I already know, as my brother has a PS3 not 10 feet away from me. Ive played it enough to know all about it. Your going by hardware specs, developers have already said that PS3 cell isnt as powerful as they act. You claim they're only using 40% of it, but I wont believe it until I see it. The only thing that PS3 has that xbox doesn't is blue-ray. Which by the way, who the hell told you its 200 GB? Blue-ray has 25 GB single layered and 50GB Dual layered. They are currently working on making better Blue-rays and have succesfully made some up to 250GB, but it has yet to be released. Which is nice and all, but blue-ray takes ALOT longer to load than playstation 3. While Xbox stores info on the hard drive and uses cache files instead of having everything stored on the disc.

As for playstation 3 online being better than live's in the future. I strongly doubt that. Especially after there sales this year meaning a very low count of players online. Even if they did sell good, Sony would have to cough up money out their own pockets to pay for servers as good as Live has.

Btw, stop trying to preach to me when I have all 3 consoles in my house. I know whats good and bad about the consoles.

Wiimoto, you do realized all you said was...

"The Wii is a new system, it's NOTHING like the gamecube at all, the gamecube was a great system, and the Wii is something new."

Then you gave no reason behind what you said. So I guess im still right... I have my old Gamecube and a Wii, so far aside from SMG the graphics have been the same.

Wii has a premature online with VC, Wii has new controls. Thats it.

The Wii is great but some of the games suck. We have really good exclusives but we need more hit titles. I mean, we have a lot of games that were in Nintendo's past time that are still killers now, so being that the new versions of them are dropping, the Wii is going to have awesome titles. But, there is still room for some more hit games.

Last edited by a moderator:
XxRed12xX said:
The Wii is great but some of the games suck. We have exclusives, and thats pretty cool, but we aren't getting the hardcore games we want. The Wii did a good enough job with everything but come on, get some good games out there.

Dude we have LoZ:TP, SMG, MP3 nd are getting SSBB nd Mario Kart Wii those are all of nintendo's trump cards nd were getting em their hardcore nd its what we want. and no more heroes is coming out too.
360 only has a handful like halo, assassin's creed, COD4, timeshift, nd bioshock.
plz dont start correcting me this theory ends here on the 360 point.

zap'em up said:
Dude we have LoZ:TP, SMG, MP3 nd are getting SSBB nd Mario Kart Wii those are all of nintendo's trump cards nd were getting em their hardcore nd its what we want. and no more heroes is coming out too.
360 only has a handful like halo, assassin's creed, COD4, timeshift, nd bioshock.

Oh no sorry if you got the wrong idea. The Wii has fantastic games. I'm just stating that they need to have more smash hit titles. Look back at my previous post. I fixed it up a bit. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Krusnik said:
People say the Wii is just like a gamecube because it didn't drastically improve graphical qualities and stuff like that. They basically just made a new more interactive way to play video games.

I dunno what everyones talking about, I think it has much better graphics.

Anyways the wii is extremely different, the motion sensor isn't the only part of the wii, people seem to ignore the other key features like the Mii channel, message posting and photo sharing, and the virtual console. I don't think the wii is anything like the gamecube...

Wiimoto said:
I dunno what everyones talking about, I think it has much better graphics.

Anyways the wii is extremely different, the motion sensor isn't the only part of the wii, people seem to ignore the other key features like the Mii channel, message posting and photo sharing, and the virtual console. I don't think the wii is anything like the gamecube...

True. Simply put!

XxRed12xX said:
Oh no sorry if you got the wrong idea. The Wii has fantastic games. I'm just stating that they need to have more smash hit titles. Look back at my previous post. I fixed it up a bit. :lol:

ooook thats much better lol. we do need more hit titles preferably 3rd party since we cant have like a zelda or super mario game every 5 months

zap'em up said:

eww TimeShift ****in sucked lol

But yeh I think everyone agrees with you, the topic was mainly about 3rd party games that were released on 360/ps3 and not Wii like Assassins Creed and CoD4.

Wiimoto, I dont think thats what he meant, and its not what I mean either. We're talking about actual games. Whats the difference between RE4 and LoZ:TP on Wii and Gamecube? Controls, thats it.

No one really knows for sure how good Wii graphics can be because no one has released a game that looks alot better than gamecube games except Super Mario Galaxy, but thats cartoonish.

T3kNi9e said:
This is the problem, graphics MATTER.

I know I might be jumping the gun in terms of games, but look at Vanguard: Saga of heroes vs World of Warcraft.

Vanguard excels light years ahead of WoW's cartoonie feel. Even EQ2 does that. If graphics are Key sellers why aren't they the #1 selling MMO in the WORLD. It is simple Casual > Hardcore. WoW is considered a VERY casual MMO easy to level to max, can play for an hour and feel like doing something, and death has no extreme consequences. Yet it still outsells UO/EQ/EQ2/Vanguard.

Key- Make a good game that appeals to both Total noobs to games, Casuals, and somewhat Hardcore/Hardcore (If you can) then your in $$$. Might explain Nintendo's success so far......

T3kNi9e said:
zeon your telling me things I already know, as my brother has a PS3 not 10 feet away from me. Ive played it enough to know all about it. Your going by hardware specs, developers have already said that PS3 cell isnt as powerful as they act. You claim they're only using 40% of it, but I wont believe it until I see it. The only thing that PS3 has that xbox doesn't is blue-ray. Which by the way, who the hell told you its 200 GB? Blue-ray has 25 GB single layered and 50GB Dual layered. They are currently working on making better Blue-rays and have succesfully made some up to 250GB, but it has yet to be released. Which is nice and all, but blue-ray takes ALOT longer to load than playstation 3. While Xbox stores info on the hard drive and uses cache files instead of having everything stored on the disc.

As for playstation 3 online being better than live's in the future. I strongly doubt that. Especially after there sales this year meaning a very low count of players online. Even if they did sell good, Sony would have to cough up money out their own pockets to pay for servers as good as Live has.

Btw, stop trying to preach to me when I have all 3 consoles in my house. I know whats good and bad about the consoles.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=82962

their that proves my statment about the cell, though my calculations were abit off it was 30-50%

Who said anything about preaching, we both have all three consoles and we both have made a choice on which one is better i chose ps3 then 360 and last wii (actully i dont even count wii as a console but meh)

As for the online comment i was trying to say that sony may get a better online then 360,MAY,i have made several comments on this issue all ending with and i quote "sony are a bunch of nonnys about online" (on ps3forums)

and this is a question not a statement (so dont go hauling at it) when you install a game onto the ps3 hardrive does that not remove most of the "loading times" i installed ninga gaiden and it removed most of my loading time let alone all of it.In other words everything is not stored on the Game disk.

The blu-ray part i said and i quote (again) "theoraticly the blu-ray can go up tp 200GB"(i dont blame you for reading it wrong, my grammar is abit messed up)

Karekiz: That game had an all ready HUGE fanbase simply from starcraft/warcraft players. Most people who own atleast 1 blizzard game and plays it alot also own other blizzard games. I know, because I own ever blizzard game except WoW and I knew alot of people throughout that time. Also I never said graphics was everything, I just said it mattered. When trailers and screenshots are released, graphics attract you. But when it comes down to it, true hardcore players will balance both graphics and gameplay, which is what happened with WoW. Which btw, WoW was never meant to be really graphical, it was purposely made cartoonish style.

zeon: I would admit and say I was wrong. But those were playstation 3 developers saying that. Im pretty sure saying anything bad at all will truly screw them up. My source was from a major developer who was being interviewed and was asked about the difference between 360 and PS3 and the power of them. He straight out talked about the technical reasons why PS3 isnt as powerful as people claim and 360 was just as powerful despite PS3 having cell. I can't tell you exactly what he said because this was like 3 months ago. Nor can I give a link because im not the one who found it, someone posted it on the xbox forums. I just know its either from Gamespot/Game Informer/IGN. But even with that said, I always thought PS3 would get better in the future in terms of graphics but I just dont think it will be that big of a difference.

As for intalling it on the hard drive, I can't tell ya. Since I leave it on my brothers room so that he doesn't just sit around when im not using it. And I havent really experiemented with anything yet. But I imagine installing a game from Blue-ray on your hard drive will end up taking up alot of space. Though theoretically it should lower the loading times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back