Wii - DVD compatible?

esoterika

meow mix
Mar 5, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Wii Online Code
2614-1105-1770-2289
It really annoys me that the Wii can't play DVDs although I think it can. Do you think Nintendo is planning to make this a feature you can purchase online? If so... it's kinda lame, considering all the other consoles don't require you to pay extra to use it as a DVD player.

My Playstation 2 can play a DVD. DVD players cost like $30 these days. If it can play dual layered DVDs, why can't it play regular DVDs? It just doesn't make sense.

And get this B.S! I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work.

Dialtone75 said:
And get this B.S! I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work.

Yeah, WTF? I've tried a 5.25" floppy disc, a Laserdisc, and an 8-track tape, and NONE will play on my Wii! I'm bitter... :yikes:

Dialtone75 said:

You are an idiot. What in the world would make you think that the Wii would play a PS3 game... Just because it fits?

Honestly, the comments and posts are getting more stupid every day...

Bigred said:
You are an idiot. What in the world would make you think that the Wii would play a PS3 game... Just because it fits?

I don't get it.

Bigred said:

Your post was the most ironic and brainless I have read in a week...DON'T YOU SEE THE SARCASM OF HIS POST? GOD! Yes, I behaved that direct for you to understand.

Back