Wii getting "price rollback" in October?

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
According to QJ.net, nintendo might be doing a price cut in October. As for now here's the statement

Nintendo been pretty adamant about their "no price cut" stance on the Wii, but that may all change come October. Rumor has it that the big N is finally ready to follow Sony and Microsoft's price slashing ways.

Kotaku reports that they've been handed an advance Wal-Mart ad that mentions a "rollback" for the Nintendo console, which is currently priced at US$ 249. There's no mention of an actual number, but apparently this rollback will take place in the first week of October.

Nintendo has gone with the no comment approach regarding this rumor, but they are going to be at the Kyoto Cross Media Experience 2009 event later this month. That's as good a place as any to announce a price cut (and prove Mr. Pachter right), I'd say.

^ I agree.:)

Plus, I think they should throw in 2 free Wii games... I think...

no cause that would be a bit much. i can see a bundle like that selling for $250 or possibly $275 but definately not $200. after all it already comes with a game, Wii Sports

$199 seems reasonable to me...
Maybe $199 for the console, or a $225-250 bundle that comes with an extra game (Mario Galaxy or Twilight Princess... or maybe MP 3 since the Trilogy came out)

no cause that would be a bit much. i can see a bundle like that selling for $250 or possibly $275 but definately not $200. after all it already comes with a game, Wii Sports

Yeah, you're right that is too much... Hmmm... Take out Wii Sports and throw in 1 free game( which ever game) and free 1000 Wii Points. And the price would be... $224.99.

Is it bad?

$199 seems reasonable to me...
Maybe $199 for the console, or a $225-250 bundle that comes with an extra game (Mario Galaxy or Twilight Princess... or maybe MP 3 since the Trilogy came out)

True.. I didn't think about what they package..
See, if it was $199, they should have Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, but if they just want to keep Wii Sports, I still think it should be $125 - $145..

with the recession and all, i agree that they should cut down the price if not they'' just be passed by in the malls.

----------------------
Check out WiiChronicles.com

Back