Wii hacks/modding forum?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
I've been seeing more and more development and discussion for new wii modifications, whether it be new wiimote designs or LED changes of the actual console light.

Im sure the developer community for Wii will be strong, is it too early to add a section here for it?

Let me know what you guys think :)

Hmm.. I personally have only seen people posting pictures off mods they've found on the internet, and seen Toads mod, so I personally feel its too early to consider it - unless a lot of people post here who have/are willing to mod their Wii's, then I think you should make an extra forum, otherwise, I doubt there would be a great amount of threads.

I think it would be great. But are you reffering mainly to physical mods or software mods (Homebrew games, movies, etc.)?

I think it would be awesome, but if we are talking software mods, I think there could be a big potential for inexperienced people messing up their consoles lol

When people think of Modding they think of mod chips (as in copyed games)
There will be lots of threads about it
Then there will be idots messing up there wiis and blamein us for it (theres allways a screw left over)
But as for freeware games (fansoft) im all for

Deathmetalmaster said:
I think it would be great. But are you reffering mainly to physical mods or software mods (Homebrew games, movies, etc.)?

I think it would be awesome, but if we are talking software mods, I think there could be a big potential for inexperienced people messing up their consoles lol

Yea i was thinking a forum to pretty much include any of that stuff, hardware modding, software modding etc, I guess it is still early days though for the console.

A bit too early, I'd say. But if we do eventually have a forum for it, then I wouldn't suggest calling it hacks as that sounds illegal. :p

I agree. It's probably a bit too early. I'd be active in the forum, but probably not until the chips or exploits start leaking out. I don't have the time really to invest into trying to exploit the system myself right now. Looking forward to discussing homebrew applications as well as other possibilities.

Damn my local market (acroos the road from a police station wha) is selling copyed wii games

Yeah.
That way whenever a user finds something or does something new.
You'll know exactly where to look to find the thread. This is a good idea besides the fact that new things are popping up everyday.

Yah, you should just add a sub-section in hardware that would work. I don't think theres enough of it for its own forum either.

Back