Wii in Australia thread

I'm not sure about Eledees I might pick it up but I need some convincing cause I haven't brought a game in a while for my Wii or DS....I think...well I can't remeber the last time...wait Tetris DS but that was a couple of weekends ago.....so someone tell me why I should but Eledees being the only game I have more than a mild intrest in picking up this month

COMPETION TIME!!!! YAY:yikes:

MOTHERS DAY PRIZE PACK COMPETITION

Competition Deadline: Fri the 1st of Jun 2007

To celebrate Mothers Day, Nintendo are giving 3 mums the chance to win a Mothers Day Nintendo DS Prize Pack, including a Pink Nintendo DS Lite and a copy of Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain?

Is your mum tired of the same Mothers Day gifts, such as pj's, moccasins and chocolates? This year is your chance to get in her good books and win her a fantastic gift she'll really enjoy. If your mum likes to relax and take a few minutes for herself to test her brain and solve Sudoku puzzles then a Pink Nintendo DS Lite and a copy of Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain? may be the perfect gift for her.

Tell us in 25 words or less: As a mum why would you like to win a Nintendo DS Lite and Brain Training? or why would you like to win this prize for your mum?
Mothers-Day.jpg

ELITE BEAT AGENTS COMPETITION

Nintendo Australia are giving away 3 copies of Elite Beat Agents for the Nintendo DS.

In a jam? Well, all these guys DO is jam! Prepare to rock as these beat masters use their groovy moves to save the day.

Get ready to roll! In this comedy filles rhythm based game, get into the groove as the music plays, tap the screen, trace rhythmic patterns and keep the beat as the story unfolds on the top screen. You'll rock along to 19 licensed and re-recorded songs across multiple music genres, featuring tunes such as "Material Girl," "Walkie Talkie Man," "Rock This Town" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash."

Tell us in 25 words or less: What is your favourite song and why?
Elite-Beat-Agents.jpg

FINAL FANTASY III COMPETITION

Nintendo Australia and Ubisoft are giving away 5 copies of Final Fantasy III for the Nintendo DS.

Originally available only in Japan, FINAL FANTASY III is considered the missing title in the world-renowned series. Finally Australian fans will be able to savour the legendary adventure for the first time, with newly updated 3D graphics, touch screen controls and the ability to communicate with other players via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Tell us in 25 words or less: What is your favourite RPG game of all time and why?
Final-Fantasy-III.jpg

METAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY COMPETITION

Competition Deadline: Sun the 1st of Jul 2007

Nintendo Australia and QV software are giving away 5 copies of Metal Slug Anthology for Wii.

Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the action packed arcade classic Metal Slug by joining the Metal Slug team on 7 separate adventures that span across the life of the franchise in this definitive collection.

The Anthology comes loaded with seven arcade-perfect Metal Slug titles, and the only thing missing from the arcade experience, outside of a roll of quarters, is a joystick. However, SNK Playmore gave Metal Slug Anthology gamers a choice of six different control schemes to choose from for Wii, including exclusive motion based controls to really get you into the action.

Tell us in 25 words or less: What is your favourite action game and why?
http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendo/connect/comp_admin/comp_files/comp_img/Metal-Slug.jpg

SPIDERMAN 3 COMPETITION

Nintendo Australia and Activision are giving away 3 copies of Spiderman 3 for the Wii.

Go beyond the movie and become Spiderman as never before. Swing through the city with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk as your webshooters.

Experience the actions of heroic red-suited Spider-Man and, for the first time ever, his darker, more mysterious black-suited persona. Set in a larger, dynamic, free-roaming New York City, the game gives players the freedom to choose their own gameplay experience through multiple movie-based and original storylines.

Tell us in 25 words or less: What would you do if you were Spiderman for a day?
Spiderman-3.jpg

MERCURY MELTDOWN REVOLUTION COMPETITION

Nintendo Australia and QV software are giving away 5 copies of Mercury Meltdown Revolution for Wii.

Mercury Meltdown Revolution is a puzzle game that challenges players to immerse themselves in a colourful world of sci-fi machines, crazy characters and bubbling test tubes. Players take control of a liquid mercury blob, guiding it around traps, door switches, spikes, moving floors and other hazardous elements in order to complete the level.

In this motion based puzzle game, take control of the liquid mercury blob, guiding it around more than 150 hazardous levels by tilting your Wii remote.

Tell us in 25 words or less: What is your favourite puzzle game and why?
Mercury-Meltdown.jpg

My god there is a lot of competitions on right now it is a great sign of support for different games and it seems Nintendo of Aus is actually putting some effort in advertising looking good

Wooo more competions I entered all of them except the Mothers Day one.... and what the hell is that last one Mercury Meltdown??? I'm confused??? *Heads to google*

It is a bit like that Koropina thingo but with mercury it was on the psp a while back you roll mercury around a course and change colours and what not it not to bad but gave me a headache but on a TV it might not

Ok I went around and it looks like a piece of poo. Not worth the money even if it is pretty cheap.
Deity's Phone said:
Bummer U didn't win. The winner of last hour's Rock Paper Scissors draw was Kylie from EMU HHEIGHTS. Thanks for entering & good luck next time!
Kylie of Emu Heights I shake my fist at you grrrr....

I dunno I got enough money but at the moment I don't have any time to play it (dam you.....well pretty much school in general....as well as Kulie of EMU HEIGHTS)so probabbly not at the moment, might wait till it comes down a bit.....but I got some games preordered for when I hopefully have time. These Include:
Pokemon Diamond
Mario Strikers
Mario Galaxy ( I found this odd, at my EB they have a fake box art for it and you can preorder it....but not MP3 or Brawl hmmm...)

Diamond is good, I have played a demo of Strikers and i loved it, Just my 2cents

Where'd you get the demo of Strikers from???...wait no where'd you play the demo of Strikers???

I work in the gaming industry, Im not at liberty to say but trust me if i was allowed to tell, you guys would be first to no.

You can be our man on the inside...to bad you can't tell us anything. To bad I don't work in the game industry nope I work in the Pizza industry :lol:

I CAN tell you that after reading reviews, watching videos of strikers i thought what a pile of poo. But after playing it first hand my opinion changed in a couple of seconds.

cannon said:
I CAN tell you that after reading reviews, watching videos of strikers i thought what a pile of poo. But after playing it first hand my opinion changed in a couple of seconds.
....Must be good if it changed your opinion that quickly.... sorry I've just got to ask you this if you can't answer dw but did you try or see what online looked like if so was it any good?

I didnt get a chance to check out online. In fact im not even sure this demo had online. It was very limited and we were only allowed a couple of minutes each on the unit.

Ok, yeah I didn't think you've would've otherwise you probabbly would've mentioned it. Sounds like a great game though.

Back