Wii in Australia thread

Doesn't everyone always say that?

I think it's time for WC to slip back into mediocrity. They've done well the last few years. That's enough time in the limelight.

I return!

I could ramble off topic - but I really do have an ON TOPIC thing to report. Although, I am technically putting this in the wrong section. And in fact, if I really wanted an answer I should go searching for help pages, or perhaps even look in my instruction manual. However, I was bored and because this is the only board I ever seem to visit on WiiChat, and I wanted to see what was happening here, and how many people were still around, I decided to come here. And wow, that was a very long sentence. Anyhoo. My On Topic Thing.

My Wii keeps .... Not turning itself off. I turn it off like I normally do, and the little light goes red. As it should. However, when I come back to the Wii later (as late as the next morning) the light is this odd shade of green. Now, at first I just thought it was the 'On' green. I was looking at it from a distance, with very tired eyes. So, I went along and pushed the button, and... Well, I couldn't get it to turn off. I assume it's some kind of standby light? Like, "I'm going to mess with your tired mind, so there." In the end, I got fed up with it and pulled the cord out, put it back in, and hey it was red again. I won that round. However, in a matter of a few days, it's done it twice to me.

It's annoying me. Is it possible that someone was playing the Wii, and didn't turn it off, causing it to turn on its demented, 'i'm going to annoy you' green light? It's this horrid yellow green actually. Oh Well.

Now, enough 'On Topic' stuff. I saw someone mention the Chasers, so I'll restrict myself to saying this - They are my gods!

AndThen? said:
Doesn't everyone always say that?

They do say that, but we were missing two Brownlow Medallists and Daniel Kerr who was very close to winning the Brownlow. The Eagles pride themselves on their mid-field all of whom were injured!

Icetrash said:
Anyway wanting to challenge me online at Madden 08 just PM me. Free ass kicking if you play .

Sorry don't have Madden, not a big American football fan.

Ekiushi said:
It's annoying me. Is it possible that someone was playing the Wii, and didn't turn it off, causing it to turn on its demented, 'i'm going to annoy you' green light? It's this horrid yellow green actually. Oh Well.

If it's a yellow colour, you have Wii Connect 24 on. I.e you're in stand by mode which you will allow you to recieve messages ect. when the console is "off". If you don't want to remain in stand by mode when you turn the console off, you can turn Wii Connect 24 off in the options part. I think that's what your problem is, even though it dosen't really matter if you leave Wii Connect 24 on.

Last edited:
Ah, yes I just recently turned Wii Connect on! Well, I was doing something with Wii Connect, so I'll go and turn it off. That stupid light is way to annoying. Yes, I CAN get annoyed by a different coloured light. And it doesn't change the fact that its an ugly yellow/green colour.

Oh, and Hi Eagles! I remember you.

Eagles:

I suppose we do have a reasonably healthy side. Kangaroos this weekend - should be a decent game.

Did you hear that Collingwood players fly in a special jet at low altitude for
'recovery'? So stupid. That club has too much money.

When a Kangaroos player (I forget who) was asked if they'd be given the same treatment, he said (jokingly) "No, no I don't think so. We might be able to organise a second-hand bus."

Ekiushi:

I always have WiiConnect24 turned on. Yellow is not that ugly! Haha.

Well, I just didn't like the yellow colour. It was like...bothering me. And it didn't like right to me - well, until I worked out why the Wii was objecting and presenting me with that yellow colour! And wow, this place has been really quiet of late. Where is everyone?

I have decided I need a new Wii game, but alas, there doesn't seem to be anything out that I actually want. Or every time I think 'Oh, that might be good' it turns out everyone says it sucks. I mean, I should NOT have gotten the Pirates of the Caribbean game. But you know, it was just after the movie was released and I was in Pirate mode. But let's just say, the graphics on the game were utterly disgraceful. And I actually hurt myself trying to work the controllers. You'd go to do a sword movement, and nothing would happen. Instead, you'd have to wildly swing the WiiRemote around, hoping that Jack would actually start defending himself against Davey Jones' warriors - which seemed to consist entirely of that hammer-head over and over and over again.

I think I'm going to wait until purchasing any more Wii games, for those who didn't hear about the announcement we have some confirmed release dates!

Nintendo Australia today announced a host of release dates for the rest of the year. As far as the Wii is concerned, many of the system's most anticipated games now have firm dates. Both Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Big Brain Academy are coming on November 8, while Pokémon Battle Revolution is due on November 22.

Perhaps most exciting of all, however, is the news that Super Mario Galaxy is due to touch down on our shores on November 29. Needless to say, it's looking brilliant. Closer to Christmas, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is coming on December 13, while Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure is down for a mid December launch.

I might wait for these :)

Schweet. Thanks for that.

I haven't been looking at games AT ALL for the past two months. I have to save money for Houston.

This is the closest thing to an AFL thread so I'll just say it:

I neeeeed Port to make the grand final or else I have to do House Choir!! Not good!!

Eagles said:
I think I'm going to wait until purchasing any more Wii games, for those who didn't hear about the announcement we have some confirmed release dates!

Nintendo Australia today announced a host of release dates for the rest of the year. As far as the Wii is concerned, many of the system's most anticipated games now have firm dates. Both Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Big Brain Academy are coming on November 8, while Pokémon Battle Revolution is due on November 22.

Perhaps most exciting of all, however, is the news that Super Mario Galaxy is due to touch down on our shores on November 29. Needless to say, it's looking brilliant. Closer to Christmas, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is coming on December 13, while Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure is down for a mid December launch.

I might wait for these :)

i was just reading that on ign and was about to post it:lol: no news about brawl though..which i have a bad feeling about..you see, america got melee on december 3rd but we didnt get it till may 31 the next year, i really hope we get it sooner than then end of may 08

Getting Super Paper Mario Tommorow, yes its definant now, got the day off (PT interviews) and I've found an excellent price for it. K-Mart have got it for $70. I first thourght I read it wrong and the price next to it ($80) was it but the $80 price has an arrow pointing at that Tamagotchi game, and it can't mean any other game so :D $70 can't pass up that offer.

deity_link said:
Getting Super Paper Mario Tommorow, yes its definant now, got the day off (PT interviews) and I've found an excellent price for it. K-Mart have got it for $70. I first thourght I read it wrong and the price next to it ($80) was it but the $80 price has an arrow pointing at that Tamagotchi game, and it can't mean any other game so :D $70 can't pass up that offer.

$70 sweet, I might pop round to K-mart and get it then. Apparently it's a bit short so $70 sounds like a good deal!

Back