Wii in Australia thread

I really hope Port Adelaide does win. What do you have against them? Everyone has a prejudice against the Port Adelaide/Port Adelaide fans. It's unfounded and unfair.

You feel sorry for Bartell? He's having a great time. Wins the Brownlow, plays in a Grand Final which he probably will win... He seems to have it pretty good to me. There are plenty of other people more worthy of your sympathy!

Halo 3 is only as good as Metroid Prime: Corruption. Take that Microsoft fanboys.

Thanks dan99iel and Andthen? for the compliments. I'll be going for PA because I have a teacher that goes for Geelong that has been giving me a hard time lol.

I'm doing a big block of study tomorrow for exams so if anyone wants to unwind with me for some Mario Kart, come on gabbly (http://www.gabbly.com/wiichat.com) about 3pm Western Australian time (5pm Sydney time) or PM me for my MSN :)

no no, bartell's father is trying to take advantage of him. sad sad stuff, his life

SPM I S S O A W E S O M E T H A T I C A N O N L Y B E G I N T O D E S C R I B E I T I N C A P S

and if port wins, it only painfull reminds me of how adelaide could have won GF. If they didnt stuff ip they would have easily beat the kangas, crushed port as they always do. And then would have had a fair challenge against geelong in the GF. but NOOOO they had to slack off and lose by mere points

EDIT: ur right the redeads in TP deserve more sympathy, they do not even stand a chance against my superior technique of bomb arrows

Last edited:
You're joking, right? Adelaide would have been crushed by Geelong. Adelaide would have been crushed by Port Adelaide. You obviously are a bit foreign to Australian Rules Football.

You seriously think that Adelaide (8th) would have had a better chance than Port (2nd) against Geelong (1st)? You're dreaming.

I hate Crows supporters. So ignorant... and... wrong. I mean that in the nicest way possible. Look, now you've gone and got my blood-pressure up. Thanks.

Just watch the match tomorrow, and understand that you wouldn't have done anywhere near as well in a Grand Final.

Ontopic now -

I'm thinking of buying Super Mario Bros. from the WiiShop Channel. Good idea?

It's a good idea only if you think it is, I've got it and don't play it much, but when I do play it....I play it...So...Geelong won eh...and so did the storms. Oh and btw guys, thanks soooooo much for replying to my post before...I was being sciarcastic...YAY! HOLIDAYS! NOW!

Yay. now I have a Wii60 as lame people call it.

More importantly,
Nintendo Australia has announced a new and official protective cover for the Wii Remote today called the 'Wii Remote Jacket', and it's being offered free to all Wii owners Down Under.

"We recommend to fit the "Wii Remote Jacket" to the Wii Remote in order to enhance your grip and provide additional protection if the Wii Remote is accidentally thrown or dropped during game play," the company said.

To order one, all you've got to do is contact Nintendo's Customer Service line on (03) 9730 9822 between 9 and 5 and quote your console's serial number. Future Wii owners will soon find the cover comes included with the console, as well as all Remotes sold separately.

wiimote_jacket_lg.jpg

Does anyone else think the jackets look like crap?....
Having said that they look like crap if they're free I'm getting four of them.....yes I only have three remotes (and nunchucks) but a bundle similar to Wii Play is coming out soon; Big Brain Acadamy: Wii Degree + Wii Remote so.... I might as well get the extra one now. Dammit its past 5pm ohwell I spose I'll call them tommorow :D

They do look a little weird, atleast they're free. I definately wouldn't pay for them! :lol: Wait I see a new jewel in the rough, oh it's just Deity.

:lol: ZOMG 4 GREEN BOXES, ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO ME!!!
....ok I'll calm down and tell you about finishing of Phoenix Wright 2 just before I gotta say I love that game, wish I didn't finsih it as fast as I did though now I gotta wait for Phoenix Wright 3 :( (no I'm not gonna import it). If your thinking of getting this be prepared to read and read and read some more, but if you like great stories and yelling OBJECTION and HOLD IT this is the game for you :thumbsup:

You know speaking of green boxes and rep I haven't repped someone in ages and as I just tried to rep you then Eagles it told me I still must spread more rep around.....the system is broked and make no sense

Last edited:
You must have to go on a random repping spree :lol: . As for Pheonix Wright I've never played one of those games :yikes:

...The Jackets are ugly. I think I'll give it a miss. Free or not. I haven't yet thrown the remote or dropped it... Plus, I really could not be bothered to call up the number. I've had bad experiences calling people up for stuff. I always end up on "Hold" for so long that they never actually come back. I called Woolworths up once and I get left on Hold. And they wondered why I was angry when I called back.

Hehe, those stupid bastards. But why the hell would you call woolworths? It's not as if they're a whole state away? Or were you calling 'higher authority' or whatever they call it. Anyways...Wii Zapper coming out Novemebr....16th I think it is...Probably not here though. But they said that it wuld be $19.99 in america so would that make it around $30 here give or take?

I'm not sure if that includes the Zelda training game though. And it should be $30 because that's how it was for the wii points cards.

And I reckon that those golve things look alright, very futuristicy gay sort of look....But i've already got a cover on my remote so I wonder if that can go over it, because the top of it there is still exposed. And also...who gives a flying fargus about a stupid thing that'll protect your? They're only catering for the dumb and reckless. Now cater for the white and nerdy and nintendo loving people who WANT A ****ING DATE FOR BRAWL IN AUSTRALIA!

Last edited:
Yeah! I can't WAIT for Brawl! But nooo, the only date I found was December, which was like the US release. Stupid US. Stupid Nintendo People. I want some Decent games! NAhhh... Well, there are some games that are alright, but... Brawl!

Back