Wii in Australia thread

Well, I'm bored with nothing to do. I SHOULD be studying for my HSC, but naturally I'm not. I actually studied yesterday! I felt that was a good acomplishment. I studied Sparta. Very interesting. Too bad the section on Sparta isn't that big... I mean, its still worth 25 marks and all, but you get one mark questions - and you can learn pages of info on that one mark... Yeah, the annoyingness of exams.

Anyhoo, that was basically about nothing

Soo! I'll try and stay (more) on topic. Now that I've expressed myself over Brawl, I'll also add that I want Mario Kart for Wii. But that's next year isn't it?

Im back after a bit of a break. I didnt come on here because i was so pissed of with my Wii. It froze like 4 times within 2 days and i was so angry i didnt want to deal with nintendo and go through repair/replacment crap. Anyway i played it a bit today and it hasnt froze so hopefully it just needed a break. Knowing my luck it will die in the ass just after the warrenty is up.

Ekiushi said:
Well, I'm bored with nothing to do. I SHOULD be studying for my HSC, but naturally I'm not. I actually studied yesterday! I felt that was a good acomplishment. I studied Sparta. Very interesting. Too bad the section on Sparta isn't that big... I mean, its still worth 25 marks and all, but you get one mark questions - and you can learn pages of info on that one mark... Yeah, the annoyingness of exams.

Anyhoo, that was basically about nothing

Soo! I'll try and stay (more) on topic. Now that I've expressed myself over Brawl, I'll also add that I want Mario Kart for Wii. But that's next year isn't it?

So you do Ancient History Ekiushi? I do as well, I have my Ancient History exam next week, and I haven't done anything in terms of study :O . In relation to your question, yes Mario Kart does come out next year.

Quarter 1 to be kind of exact, that is if they don't change their minds. And due to us living in Australia, I'd say we'd be lucky if we got before October.
I don't have HSC yet, but I have even stupider assignments that will amount to nothing in the end.

Nice to see you back Cannon, my wii hasn't frozen once, although when you turn it on and you push 'A' when it tells you to. I do and then it pauses on that screen for a couple of seconds, I can't remember if it used to happen before.

So who here is on holidays at the moment from either uni or school?

I'm on holidays for 2 weeks...YAY!

I just got back after going out this morning and I was so excited to see the blue light that I was overly dissapointed when it as just about the 'jackets' so no time like the present right....well I call up and.....its ingaged....dammit I want my free very strange looking jackets :mad5:, well I guess I can't really complain they're free after all....time to try again :D

EDIT:
I got through to them and I've got four jackets coming my way :D, they ship out 9th of October. The guy apparently has only had inquieries about the 'jackets' all day, he's sick of hearing the word jacket :lol:

Last edited:
Stupid long-distance, making me pay for a phone call to a place I hate and their water's ****.

There's only one thing that can cheer me up now...And that is...Animating, Family Guy, Futurama, Supanova, A party tomorrow, Or just playing on the Mac...This sucks, 'your call has advanced'...wow...And as Deity said to me before, atleast put some good music on when you're waiting, although Pavarrotti is good, it was breaking up for some reason.

Anyways, now that I'm listning to it, I'm curious. Does anyone like Star Wars, or like it so much to have the Disco Version of Star Wars, like a remix of all of the music.

And also, Matt! I haven't seen you on MSN for a while, where ya been? Or did you just block me? You Anime loving emo dressing but not actually an emo guy...guy.

Eagles what ancient History exam are you doing? Yr 12 or 11? In my school Year 11 just did their exams, while HSC starts October 19th. Why does English always have to be the first exam? I guess unless you take some random language... I am totally not prepared for my Ancient History exam - but its on November 1st or 2nd. So, it's still a while away. Earlier today I was stupid and decided to write when my HSC starts on my calender - thus creating a horrible countdown to my DOOM. Yes, DOOM! Why do I get the feeling, that despite going well in class throughout the year that the exams are going to mess with my mind and I'm going to go very badly? Perhaps it has something to do with me consulting the Catholic Trial Papers and not being able to answer them - and Catholic Papers generally are what appear on the HSC, apparently. So damn. But... They say the Trial is harder then the actual HSC.

And yes, I am in FULL panic mode. Yet, I am hardly studying whatsoever. 1 and half hours a day... Not much really. And to be perfectly honest, I really don't need to put THAT much study into Sparta. But I really just want to avoid studying Egypt (I really really dislike Hatshepsut) and my other subjects. I guess I could study English tomorrow... Because that way, I can watch movies and claim I'm "studying" to use them as additional texts!

Oh, and yes I am on Holidays! Although, not really. These would be the "NOT HOLIDAYS" my Teachers kept trying to tell me about. They said "Please just study, it's only TWO WEEKS out of your life!"

But anyway, I'm rambling on as we can all see. Just wait until I start on UAC and QTAC. Lucky me living near the border, I have the option of applying at both. But no, that's a rant for another day. And it's really not interesting. At all. Not to say anything else I've ranted about it. But it does make me feel better about it. Really.

Oh, but I'm not quite finished. House! I hope everyone hear watches it. If not - you should. It was a great episode. Love it. But then, I always do.

But anyhoo, finally in an attempt to stay ON TOPIC! Umm... Well, I can't really complain about the games anymore, I've done that today. Oh, I was very disappointed with the Pirates of the Caribbean game - wish I didn't buy it. But yeah, that was a while ago. I've been playing Zelda more often - I always make the mistake of collective those bugs near the end... Like, AFTER the part where I've paid for the Bridge and the new shop in Hyrule Castle Town. Which cost about $2000 + $200... whatever the currency for the game is. But if you collect bugs, it's basically easy money - and a very easy way to get the bridge, shop and armour. But in the past did I ever do that? Oh no, I fully INTENDED too, but never did. Always afterwards went "damn!" I always seemed to end up giving the girl the bugs when I had nothing more to spend my money on.. except basically waste it. I even went and gave a whole lot of it to that Bird that hangs around the Forest (that I never paid before then)... But yeah... That was on Topic. Sorta.

Hehe, I remember that bird. That was a nice rant there, I'm sure you and Eagles will do fine in your HSCs and whatever you do in Perth Eagles...Where's Snake Mountain, if that is a real place...Yay! Finally a cool breeze coming through! History is one of the best subject I must say. English ins complete **** at my school...Anyways, good luck with studying English tomorrow if you end up doing so.

I saw in the brochure for Big W that you can get 2 of some selected games and they're only $88 that's right! Just $88, my picks would be Red Steel and Zelda, but I may think it throuhg more and decide which ones to get. Because 'm taking back Super Paper Mario because...to be honest, a shitload of writing is noy my kinda game. Phantom Hourglass, now there's a good game. Yeah, so the money from SPM is gonna pay for the Ohter wii games, maybe, because SPM was only $60, so I dunno...I really need a job, I only got about $150 left on my debit card. Anyways, good luck with your HSC and bye.

Ekiushi said:
Eagles what ancient History exam are you doing? Yr 12 or 11?

I'm doing Yr 12 Ancient History, I have my school exam on Monday. The TEE exams (I think that's the equivalent of HSC) are in a couple of weeks.

gpoleweski said:
I'm sure you and Eagles will do fine in your HSCs and whatever you do in Perth Eagles

I hope you're right!

Remeber a little while back how that guy compiled a report about game delays in Australia and New Zealand, well there's been a development in this, read about it below:
Vooks said:
Last month Aaron Davies put pen to paper so to speak and put together a report detailing the delays that us Australians and Aaron’s, own home country of New Zealand suffer. The report didn’t go un-noticed by Nintendo. They contacted Aaron and he was given the opportunity to ask the questions everybody has been wanting to ask about the Wii Game release delays in Australia. Nintendo Australia has now responded to those questions, and it’s disappointing to say the least. More inside
The questions asked by Aaron were as follows, remember Nintendo asked him to compile these.

What is involved in the localisation process that causes these extreme delays of software titles? Looking at the Office of Film and Literature Classification’s database, Wii software titles are often rated for release many months before they are available for sale. It is my understanding that video game software must be at a final, pressing-ready stage before it can be submitted for classification (OFLC, 2007). If the software titles are at this level of progression at the submitted time, what causes the actual release date to be pushed back so far?

Due to both Australia and Europe sharing the same PAL video standard, Australian Wii owners are generally forced into waiting for games to be translated into the various European languages before any PAL release is made available. To the best of my knowledge, there has never been an Australian–specific Wii game SKU, with all first-party Australian region Wii software releases containing the exact same discs as the fully translated European release. This is an issue that has been raised by many of my readers. Does Nintendo Australia have any plans to release its own versions of Wii software, without having to wait for the various game translations needed for the European audience?

The topic of Regional Lockout systems implemented on the Wii console has been extremely debated since the publishing of the mentioned report. Due to the wide availability of 60Hz-compatible displays within Australia, and the ability for Australian released Wii consoles to output to this format, any technical differences between regions have become nothing more than trivial. A statement was released by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission four years ago; it states “The ACCC has long believed that region coding is detrimental to consumer welfare as it severely limits consumer choice and, in some cases, access to competitively priced goods” (ZDNet, 2003). Does Nintendo Australia see how the Region Locking mechanism present in the Wii not only limits consumers’ choices in the aforementioned ways, but also forces them into putting up with the extreme software release delays?

Region Locking has also been outlined in the presented report as a form of both market manipulation and consumer bullying; Does Nintendo Australia agree with this? I feel that these are strong but very well founded accusations, and I am certain your consumers would like a response.

In response, Aaron was today contacted today by Nintendo Australia's Public Relations Co-ordinator who issued the following response on behalf of the company.

"Nintendo Australia has no comment; Nintendo Australia does not comment on these issues."

Disappointedly Aaron says on his website as a response to Nintendo Australia “I find this strange and unfair to me and to you as consumers. I cannot help thinking the company was expecting these kinds of issues not to be brought up. I am left under the impression that Nintendo Australia is well aware of its business practices involving illegal market manipulation, and simply try to avoid the issue”

We here at Vooks congratulate Aaron for taking the initiative and trying to get a response from Nintendo Australia. It is just a shame Nintendo wouldn’t come to the table and respond to his questions.
This is just crap they ask him to compile some question and they can't/aren't/won't give him or anyone a straight answer....actually they won't even give an answer full stop. I call for an uprising, woooo rebel against the system that screw us over and forces us to wait 5 months for games.

I guess I should be grateful for like... the Wii and stuff... But NOAUS is really just the suck.

The delays just don't make any sense. WHY?

We always get delays.... in many things. Even half the movies are delayed! Well, not as much as they used to be - of course, that's only the really big releases. And yeah, it's just annoying. There is no reason for delays... It's just not fair. I shall join the uprising!

I dont think i will get the jackeet, i know enough to keep holding my remote :). Oh, and guess what guys, IM GONNA B A PSWII OWNA!!!

Back