Wii in Australia thread

gpoleweski said:
I'm a WiiDS owner. Beat that bitches. I have also convinced 5 of my freinds to buy a nintendo wii.
Wanna get technical lol ? Im a

WiiDSDSPSPPS2PS2N64NGCGBAGBASPGBMGBCPSXPSONEXBOX owner

gpoleweski said:
On another note, does anyone have me on their Strikers FC list, because if they do, then I'll be up for a game, just talk to me on MSN at [email protected]

I'll take you on later next week after my exams, I've been playing Strikers again lately and am looking for someone to pound :lol:. I'm a Nintendo guy to.

Sorry for the double post but this thread isn't doing much atm. Sooo....I was just wondering ifthe Wii could only be taken back to Nintendo in its time of warranty to be repaired or can it be repaired by them at any time so long as you haven't stuffed around with it. (Not that I have, I'm not that dumb). And also how long is the usual warranty? Or do they vary?

Thanks

I watched first half of a pretty lengthy, not that professional MySims review made by some Australian dude a couple of days ago, and I would like to find that video and his homepage again. I think I might have found the link somewhere around this forum. Any chance that anyone have any idea of what/who I might be talking about?

FoamRocket said:
I watched first half of a pretty lengthy, not that professional MySims review made by some Australian dude a couple of days ago, and I would like to find that video and his homepage again. I think I might have found the link somewhere around this forum. Any chance that anyone have any idea of what/who I might be talking about?

Sorry I don't know what you're talking about :nonod:

gpoleweski said:
Sorry for the double post but this thread isn't doing much atm. Sooo....I was just wondering ifthe Wii could only be taken back to Nintendo in its time of warranty to be repaired or can it be repaired by them at any time so long as you haven't stuffed around with it. (Not that I have, I'm not that dumb). And also how long is the usual warranty? Or do they vary?

From the Nintendo Australia Website:

12 MONTH WARRANTY FOR Wii™

The benefits conferred by this Warranty are in addition to all other conditions, warranties and statutory remedies in respect of this Wii™ which the consumer may have under the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Commonwealth) and/or similar State, Territory or Country Laws.

Nintendo Australia Pty Limited (Nintendo) warrants this Wii™ to be free of defects in materials, workmanship and manufacturing to the original purchaser for a period of twelve months from the date of original purchase, and upon presentation of the purchase receipt. This warranty only applies to products that are distributed by Nintendo Australia Pty Limited.

1. Nintendo will, at its option and subject to the terms and conditions stated below, repair or replace free of charge this Wii™ or any component part, which upon examination by Nintendo is found to be defective in materials, workmanship or manufacturing.

2.This Warranty shall not apply:

a)If a compliance label has been removed from the Wii™ or a serial number or other details have been removed or rendered illegible.

b)If the Wii™ is connected to any voltage other than shown on the compliance label or unapproved and unlicensed products are used with the Wii™.

c)If the Wii™ has been subjected to misuse, abuse, accident or want of care.

d)If the Wii™ has been modified and/or tampered with.

e)If a repair has been made or attempted to the Wii™ by the purchaser or their agent.

f)If the Wii™ fails due to causes unrelated to defective materials, workmanship or manufacturing.

g)If the Wii™ is not used at all times in accordance with the Wii™ Operations Manual or other documentation provided by Nintendo.

3.The following are not covered by this Warranty:

a)Liquid/Moisture damage;

b)Breakage;

c)Wear and tear;

d)Data loss.

4.Nintendo does not accept any liability pursuant to this Warranty for any consequential damage or economic loss whether direct or indirect, to any person or property.

5.Nintendo's liability under the Warranty is limited to the lesser of the replacement cost or repair cost of the Wii™.

6.If, after inspecting the Wii™, Nintendo determines that the fault is not covered by the warranty for whatever reason, or that there is no fault, you will be liable for service or appraisal charges.

This Warranty is given by Nintendo and no other person or organisation is authorised to vary its provisions and conditions.

Last edited:
They will still repair it out of warrenty you will just have to pay for the repairs.

gpoleweski said:
Oh, ok then. Thanks for that, Do you guys know how much the repairs cost or are they depending on what repairs you have to get done?

I'm presuming the cost differs depending on what parts are needed, amout of labour required ect.

Back