Wii in Australia thread

Adelaide is lovely. But really, if you're looking for a holiday, most tourists prefer Sydney because there are more tourist attractions, like the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. But then again, I preferred living in Bordeaux for a month to visiting the sights of Paris.

France is on my list, it's just Australia is first. <3
I'm not into crowded cities honestly. Sydney scares me.

Turning french are you? Can't blame you. France is rather appealing. Granoble with my grandparents is on my list.

I'm still very much Australian, xD. I just really liked my time in France, and I definitely want to live there for a while. Incentive to improve my French skills this year, woo.

Crowded cities?

I spose Japan doesnt tickle your fancy then. :p

I mean...Sydney is NOT that crowded, compared to cities in America.
You can EASILY view the sights in the city without being ranover by people...

The Oper House is deserted 99% of the time, and we see the Harbour Bridge everyday, so dont expect people just standing round photographing it from every angle...it doesnt happen.

Centrepoint Tower is the same story, its pretty much deserted...mainly cos it costs like $25 to go up the elevator.

Still all in all, I spose it would be busier than Adelaide. Your choice man, but NO ONE chooses Adelaide over Sydney (or Gold Coast or Melbourne for that matter) when deciding to visit Australia, theres just no standout, unique places there....cept for AndThen's house.

You're thinking of the major cities like New York City and LA. Yeah, natural selection hasnt made it's way to those sardine cans yet.
Then again, I live in Kansas and feel crowded. =/
G'night mates.

haha...fair enuf....Look if you do go to Adelaide, jump on one of those 70buck Jetstar flights to Sydney, me and GPole will show you around making sure you are as uncrowded as possible. LOL.

Still all in all, I spose it would be busier than Adelaide. Your choice man, but NO ONE chooses Adelaide over Sydney (or Gold Coast or Melbourne for that matter) when deciding to visit Australia, theres just no standout, unique places there....cept for AndThen's house.

To be fair, Adelaide does have some good places for tourists... we do get our fair share. We have a culture and history unique to the other cities in Australia. Great weather too. I'm in agreement that Sydney is a good place to visit though.

Now Fox, if you want to visit somewhere that will impress people then you're not going to get it in Adelaide.
"I visited Australia... I went to Adelaide" Yeah, Fox that is kinda poor. Really, it is.

Visit somewhere more impressive. Sydney, Melbourne, or the Gold Coast. Or better yet, visit Byron Bay. You don't like crowds? Well, compared to a city you won't got them in Byron. Byron is a lovely small town, but is situated on Australia's most Easterly Point, with such impressive sights as... the lighthouse.

No really, Byron is really a good holiday spot. A lot of people really go for the so-called "trendyness" of the town. You can't get much better then the most easterly point of Australia. Just watch out for sharks.

And you see, Sydney is dangerous because of the ice cream trucks. I say you avoid that by coming up to Byron, or at least the Gold Coast.

Tweed Heads is impressive for being on the border of NSW and QLD. You want to go somewhere you can say "Now its 1 PM... Now it's 2 PM" Then Tweed Heads/Coolangatter is the place for you. And of course, an unbaised person can tell us which state is better. If I can tolerate the crowds of Tweed Heads, Coolangatter and Byron Bay then you can.

Your choice man, but NO ONE chooses Adelaide over Sydney

yeah i was thinking that aswell. but brisbane is way better anyway :prrr:

pending on when your giong down there. if oyu end up going to sydney i could see what a direct flight from here to sydney is like.. but i dont want to spend too much time there... sydney people scare me.

Crowded cities?

I spose Japan doesnt tickle your fancy then. :p

I mean...Sydney is NOT that crowded, compared to cities in America.
You can EASILY view the sights in the city without being ranover by people...

The Oper House is deserted 99% of the time, and we see the Harbour Bridge everyday, so dont expect people just standing round photographing it from every angle...it doesnt happen.

Centrepoint Tower is the same story, its pretty much deserted...mainly cos it costs like $25 to go up the elevator.

:lol: Well, you do see people go crazy on the Manly ferry when it goes from Manly-Circular Key. It's like...ZOMG! The wharf's only 10metres away...but I'll quicly run to the front of the ferry and take a photo.

Now Fox, if you want to visit somewhere that will impress people then you're not going to get it in Adelaide.
"I visited Australia... I went to Adelaide" Yeah, Fox that is kinda poor. Really, it is.

Visit somewhere more impressive. Sydney, Melbourne, or the Gold Coast. Or better yet, visit Byron Bay. You don't like crowds? Well, compared to a city you won't got them in Byron. Byron is a lovely small town, but is situated on Australia's most Easterly Point, with such impressive sights as... the lighthouse.

No really, Byron is really a good holiday spot. A lot of people really go for the so-called "trendyness" of the town. You can't get much better then the most easterly point of Australia. Just watch out for sharks.

And you see, Sydney is dangerous because of the ice cream trucks. I say you avoid that by coming up to Byron, or at least the Gold Coast.

Tweed Heads is impressive for being on the border of NSW and QLD. You want to go somewhere you can say "Now its 1 PM... Now it's 2 PM" Then Tweed Heads/Coolangatter is the place for you. And of course, an unbaised person can tell us which state is better. If I can tolerate the crowds of Tweed Heads, Coolangatter and Byron Bay then you can.

Lol, you should create an ad campaign for that. Grrr...Byron people suck, they make the festival right AFTER the holidays END! WTF!?

I'm cool, I had a week bus ticket so I went for a ride from surfers paradise tooo...It was some heads, not tweed, started with a B me thinks, anyways, I didn't even realise that the time changed...But I must've to get the bus bac?

I dunno...But yeah, sydney ain't very crowdedd.

Oh and umm...The bolded part...Why would ice cream scare you?

yeah i was thinking that aswell. but brisbane is way better anyway :prrr:

pending on when your giong down there. if oyu end up going to sydney i could see what a direct flight from here to sydney is like.. but i dont want to spend too much time there... sydney people scare me.

ROAR!...Least we're not like the tassies.

Byron festival organisers are not known for their intelligence.

As for the bolded part, well, you know - your ice cream truck.

As for the bolded part, well, you know - your ice cream truck.

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! what ever happened to that photo anyway?

gpole: no one is scared of tassies. we all know that they keep to themselves on their little island :lol:

edit: ah man. i cant stop laughing from that quote :lol:

Kay, does anyone know why e-mail notifications aren't working??
I have them turned on, and yet I am not getting any?

Back