wii sensor bar / sensitivity question

bodean

Red
Jul 3, 2007
St. Louis
Wii Online Code
0472-2704-5666-6882
Do most of you put your wii sensor bar on top of your tv?
Also, what do most of you have your sensitivity set to?

Reason I ask is some games (tiger woods 08, madden 08) I will swing the wiimote and nothing happens. Not sure why, take a couple times in madden to kick the ball.

I think it matters from setup to setup, but I've tested on three different setups and putting the sensor bar on top of the tv always gave the most accurate response.

Maybe my sensitivity isn't tweaked or set right then =/

bodean said:
Reason I ask is some games (tiger woods 08, madden 08) I will swing the wiimote and nothing happens. Not sure why, take a couple times in madden to kick the ball.

The motion detection functionality of the remote does not use the sensor bar. That's only used for the pointing.

Ours is on top of the TV which swivels 180 degrees. Sometimes hubby likes to play RE4 in his Lazy Boy recliner. So he'll turn the TV all the way to the side to aim towards the chair. Therefore the sensor bar must be aimed in that direction also.

I think it's set to the middle on sensitivity.

yea mines on top and i sit when playing the normal games like zelda cause seeing how long that game is im not standing but yea i stand for the usual wii sports and what not tiger woods all that good stuff

I keep my on the bottom with the stand, I find on top it glitches a little, though it only started after i droped my Wii so maybe thats why, but I have to keep mine on bottom.

Remember, you should not be against the light.. Having a different light source deters the sensitivity of the wiimote... :smilewinkgrin:

Back