Wii Troubleshooting

Wii update

My wii will not update... It connects to the router just fine and connects but just sits on the upgrade screen. Any ideas?

Yeah....leaving them blank doesn't do anything. Can you just tell me what settings I will need the router to be set at once I find the password?

Hey I am having a problem with With the Wii Shop. I have updated my system and the internet is connected, I click on enter the shop and then it loads until i get the error 209600. Does anyone know what this error means? I have tried to call Nintendo but cant get ahold of anyone there and the automated menu doesnt help me for this.

Thanks

Warbs87

Problem with my GameCube Memory Card

Hi everybody,

I'm form Mexico and I've acquired my Nintendo Wii. I inserted the GameCube Memory Card in the slot A and played my Cube games with no problems, but when I finished, turned off my Wii and tried to remove the Memory Card, I couldn't. It seems like it is stucked or something. Can you help me with this??

GAL

BlightedArt said:
I'm sure there'll be a way to configure this. I mean c'mon, it'd be silly to put in a pointer ability that can't be configured... Just think Time Crisis, they had a similar build up for the light gun (I think) which you calibrate before playing.

Consult your Wii Manual if you haven't already, there'll be something on the start-up screen options for calibrating your Wii pointer.
Nothing about it. Mine is way off. I need to aim almost completely up, which really throws me off.

Same problem with jittering!!!

Kumoriken said:
((Well, since my previous post in here has been deleted since the thread is now a sticky, here it is again. xP))

Well, I've started up my Wii, and it's a-****in'-mazing! But three things are kinda' buggin' me.
One, when I moved the Wiimote around, it seems to be fine, but after a bit, I noticed it'd get kinda jittery and go off-track for a fraction of a second occasionally.
Two, I've noticed that when I'm moving around the Wiimote, it's kind of... I dunno, off. It doesn't feel like it's in the right place, sometimes. Bugs me a bit...
Three, I was playing Wii Sports, and with the baseball game, when I first held the "bat," it was working totally fine, and then I switched to pitching. When I went back to the batting position, the exact way I held the Wiimote the last time was doing something different. Instead of being over the Mii's shoulder, the tip was facing the camera angle.

Anyone else having these problems? Any suggestions on how to fix or cope with them?

Thanks! ^_^
--Kumo
_________

Hello guys! New here. Im having the same problem youre having with the jittery pointer, but it only happens on the Wii Menu, nowhere else. The first time I played it everything was fine. It started happening when I tried to connect to the internet and did the sistem update. From there on everytime I turn on the console, If I move the remote at a moderate speed it Jitters a little bit, But if I go fast or really slow it doesnt jitter at all ! Im not sure what might cause the problem. It could be the "update" but I dont know. I dont have any problems with games, Its just the Main Wii Menu that does it. If somebody found a way to fix this, please let me know, As this might be a small problem but it gets annoying quick. Thanks for your time :)

Kumoriken said:
((Well, since my previous post in here has been deleted since the thread is now a sticky, here it is again. xP))

Well, I've started up my Wii, and it's a-****in'-mazing! But three things are kinda' buggin' me.
One, when I moved the Wiimote around, it seems to be fine, but after a bit, I noticed it'd get kinda jittery and go off-track for a fraction of a second occasionally.
Two, I've noticed that when I'm moving around the Wiimote, it's kind of... I dunno, off. It doesn't feel like it's in the right place, sometimes. Bugs me a bit...
Three, I was playing Wii Sports, and with the baseball game, when I first held the "bat," it was working totally fine, and then I switched to pitching. When I went back to the batting position, the exact way I held the Wiimote the last time was doing something different. Instead of being over the Mii's shoulder, the tip was facing the camera angle.

Anyone else having these problems? Any suggestions on how to fix or cope with them?

Thanks! ^_^
--Kumo
_________

Hello guys! New here. Im having the same problem youre having with the jittery pointer, but it only happens on the Wii Menu, nowhere else. The first time I played it everything was fine. It started happening when I tried to connect to the internet and did the sistem update. From there on everytime I turn on the console, If I move the remote at a moderate speed it Jitters a little bit, But if I go fast or really slow it doesnt jitter at all ! Im not sure what might cause the problem. It could be the "update" but I dont know. I dont have any problems with games, Its just the Main Wii Menu that does it. If somebody found a way to fix this, please let me know, As this might be a small problem but it gets annoying quick. Thanks for your time

nikeguy911:

i had the same problem. how i fixed it was that i did the manual setup, retreieved the Wii's MAC address from the Wii's menu (not sure exactly where..but its there in the internet setting section), then i accessed my router via internet explorer by typing in my router's IP address (which is supplied by Linksys in the manual). I then went to the MAC address settings in my router and added my Wii's MAC address to the list of MAC addresses that are allowed to access my router.

hope this helps :cool:

nikeguy911 said:
Yeah....leaving them blank doesn't do anything. Can you just tell me what settings I will need the router to be set at once I find the password?
nikeguy911:

download the manual for your router from Liksys' website and look in that for the default username and password. once you find that then you can change the username and password after loging in.

once you get logged in, find the MAC Address part of the router settings and add your Wii's MAC address to the list of MAC addresses that are allowed to access your router. save the settings, do the manual setup on the Wii again and presto, it should work then.

let me know if you still need help. ive downloaded 6-7 classic games so far. Mario64 is so perfect. you're going to love it all over again. :)

well i got a problem, it freezes up from time to time, and for some reason i lose connection with my wireless

everythoing works fine.....just jadjust sensibility and everithing will woprk ok..i havent had any troubles playin call of duty...its a freaking amazing game...it took me a while to master the control though:p

Wii sports game error

It tells me to eject the disk and power off/on. The disc might be bad, as the Tony hawk game works, anyone else do this?

Will an update help me and how do I do that+

I don't understand why there are people having probs. I found the setup for the Wii to be surprisingly simple. Step by step. The up dates are only for parental control and storage managment. I just don't get it... Its Simple

Last edited:
How long are the batteries supposed to last? We've used ours a lot since Sunday, and I think they finally died. I tried swapping in some other batteries that were lying around and they didn't work; I still get nothing but the four blinking lights on the remote.

Back