Wii Troubleshooting

del2004 said:
How to Solve 90% of these problems:

TAKE THE TIME TO LEARN HOW TO USE YOUR HARDWARE

Yea, what del2004 said. OR you can take the time to read this thread, its not too long, and i bet most of your problems will get solved ;)

and i havent heard anything about that error...very weird....

-SpideyKonfusion o_O

Ihave a big problem, my wii wont turn on. As i was sleeping it was raining so you think a power surge might have fried it or something like that?

unless there was thunder...no...probably not...

make sure the connections are all right, like that the video output is connected correctly to the TV.

does it not turn on at all? like, does the Power light show up as yellow/orange still? or is that not even on as well?

-SpideyKonfusion

hm....well then youre ****ed ^_^" sorry mang, just call up nintendo and cash in that factory warranty and such :p i saw your thread in this part of the forum, and you said you plugged it in to other outlets and stuff as well? hmm...maybe it is fried then...if it doesnt work on another outlet at another part of the house or some other house, then maybe it is messed up, sorry to hear it :(

-SpideyKonfusion ;_;

Hi guys i was just thinking the tv im going to use with my wii is quite low down (top is at stomach height when standing) and i think would be quite awkward standing up and using the wii (should be fine sitting)

What do you think?

Can anyone connect to the Shop Channel?

It stays at "Connecting... Please wait" for ever until I eventually just have to reboot the console :S

Anyone else having problems

g-c said:
Can anyone connect to the Shop Channel?

It stays at "Connecting... Please wait" for ever until I eventually just have to reboot the console :S

Anyone else having problems
i dont have any problem at all...it works perfectly fine

wiimote issues

First I'll say that the wiimote does work, however, I have to resynch it again everytime I turn on the system or load a new game. The controller just shuts off entirely and the blue lights disappear after something is loaded. Once I resynch the remote it seems to work fine, however, it gets annoying having to repeatedly open the casing in the back of the remote and at the front of the wii just to work the thing after a file is loaded. I mean, there is something wrong with the remote, right? Any help would be appreciated. Also, if this is a hardware malfunction, do you think it is a faulty remote or a faulty console?

Last edited:
zarlain said:
First I'll say that the wiimote does work, however, I have to resynch it again everytime I turn on the system or load a new game. The controller just shuts off entirely and the blue lights disappear after something is loaded. Once I resynch the remote it seems to work fine, however, it gets annoying having to repeatedly open the casing in the back of the remote and at the front of the wii just to work the thing after a file is loaded. I mean, there is something wrong with the remote, right? Any help would be appreciated. Also, if this is a hardware malfunction, do you think it is a faulty remote or a faulty console?

I WOULD SAY THAT IT IS A FAULTY REMOTE...BUT THATS JUST MY GUESS...i havent had any problem and i think u should call tech support and get ur console replaced or ur wiimote if thats the case

StandardsDt this is normal. This is how the Wii functions. PS incase you didnt know, when the system is powerd off it will glow when you are recieving mail, updates etc

Back