Wii Troubleshooting

i wouldn't swap around power supplies... lol thats possibly the dumbest thing u cud do.

what if its not the power supply and uve taken it out already then ur warranty is ****ed init....

unless u no wat ur doin then ur better of sendin em back 2 get a new replacement.

Actually, since all Wiis are the same, swapping out the power supply would be a great way to *troubleshoot* the problem like the thread says. If you can narrow it down to the power supply, then you only have to send your broken one in to Nintendo, and since you have to pay shipping costs and insurance, I'd much rather send in just the power supply than both that and the Wii. If we wanted answers like "who knows, just ship it to Nintendo" then the thread would be called "Problem? Ship it off!" and there would be no reason for people to reply to it.

If u actually read my post then u would see where im coming from!!
i said, 'unless u no wat ur doin then ur better of sendin em back 2 get a new replacement'
and say some idiot who has no clue bout wiis read your post and decided to take out the power supply n accidently does somat else wrong.
all i was saying was playing around with the insides of da wiis removes the warranty on the console then u can NEVER send it back.
and also i had 2 send my wii back for pretty much the exact same reason last week and i only had to pay £4 shipping costs, hardly gonna break the bank is it?

Hey stupid question but my friend got marvel ultimate alliance today and they cant figure out how to set 2 players can anyone please help so they will shut up. Thank You

Well, after the System Update, for some reason the wii no longer recognizes Wii games. The only games it will play are Gamecube games... Nothing made for the Wii will play on the wii...

Any help is greatly appreciated

I've just recently gotten a Wii from Japan and it works fine.. sort of. The menu is in Japanese, and it used to allow me to access the settings, but now when I try to access the Wii settings (as in the spanner pic) I just get the error message "You tried to access the address marc:JP/JP/JPN/index01.html, which is currently unavailable." and then the rest of the page is just the stuff that any internet browser says when you cannot load the page. It pops up in an opera window. I tried to use my friends WiFi thing to see if maybe that would help, but to activate that, you need to access the settings -_-;. Any advice would be helpful. Is there a backup CD or something that I can make to help?

Wii won't read Wii Games, only Gamecube ones

Just like the title says, my wii stopped reading the games for it around the same time that i completed the system update.

It simply says that the discs cannot be read, but older games like Super Smash Bros Melee work fine with it... I'm at wit's end about this one, and its not like the Wii came out of the box having this problem... I had it for around 3 months before ever having issues of this type.

The games are clean and in perfect condition, and just to test, Mario Strikers Charged was purchased today and also fails to be read by the Wii.

When Wii games are inserted, the Wii makes various reading noises that often sound like a key on glass.

I have tried keeping it cool, but even that fails to produce any change.

Help me please

Thank you

cant connect

for some reason i cant connect my wii remote. the only way i can turn on the wii is by pressing the button on the wii itself. pressing the button on the remote just causes the 4 lights to flash and nothing else. i checked all the batteries and its fine. what should i do?

When I go to the wii shop channel it doesn't connect. It gets past the first loading bit, but the second bit just stays there forever - and since there's no way to quit that screen, I have to turn my wii off. Is this just me experiencing this or is it universal?

btw, I can access the internet.

Zerog,

that happens 2 me mate and probably alot of other ppl..
i spoke 2 nintendo n they said that they servers are always very busy and thats y it takes ages and after a while ur connection jus times out n sits there n does nothin..

i been waitin for 20 mins before lol but when i turn it off and on again it works 4 me

Ah right, cheers. After reading that I did try again and it did work, so it seems it is just a temperamental thing.. thanks :)

Back