Wii Troubleshooting

Wii remote not functioning in some games

I bought my Wii in Japan n' played it there for a few months and it worked perfectly. Then I carry it back to Thailand and use an adaptor to play the game (since of course Thailand's and Japan's electricity voltage is not the same 120v vs 240v). At first it works just fine then after a while some of my remote didn't work properly in some games. The remote is still sync cuz i can press the home button and go back to the wii main menu but I can't move in the game and sometimes i can move but i can't twist or turn using the wii remote. Can somebody pretty pretty pretty pleaseeeeeeeee help me I hope that its not already broken T+T

An error has occurred.

I never thought my first post would be in the Troubleshooting thread, much less a post less than hour after opening our new box.

We just received our Wii today. Brought it home, opened the box, set it up, configured it, etc., then inserted our first game disk.

We haven't played this game one time yet and it won't read disks. "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, yadda yadda...zzZZzzZZ"

We did the reboot procedure, disconnect the AC adaptor, etc.

nothing.

Please tell me this game console isn't as bad as I think it is.

Dan:yikes:

Maybe software problem

Is it possible for the system to drop a set up profile on Tiger Woods Golf?

For some reason 3 profiles that were set up weeks ago are now gone. I know we haven't deleted them.

Using Gamecube game on the Wii

My wife bought Super Smash Bros. Melee for the game cube and the Classic game controller for the Wii for my son. Every thing works ok until you select the game from the menu and select start. Then an error message appears saying that there is no memory card in slot a, my wife goes to the store she bought the game at and told the salesman this and he sold her the 2GB Wii memory card for the error message to still show up. By this time my son who is autistic is coming unglued. My wife talked to another person at the store and he said we shouldn't even need a memory card to play the game.

My question is: am I going to have to buy the gamecube memory card or is there some way I can get this to work with the memory card that I already have?

After Update my Games won't Boot

Hi Guys

I bought a Wii 2 months ago. I bought Super Paper Mario and Resident Evil 4. Last night I updated my Wii and now I can't play Super Paper Mario and Resident Evil 4. When I insert the Disc the Wii recognize them and they will show the preview in the Channel, but when I enter the Channel and press the Start button it will boot the Wii, no error codes, just boot. I checked the Disc and they are OK, no scratchs, no surface problems and I've used them very little so there shouldn't be any problems with the discs. I unplugged and plugged the power cord and nothing. The only game that works is Wii Sport. So my only conclusion is that the Update did something to my Wii because Wii Sport is working and Super Paper Mario and Resident Evil 4 will show in the preview?

Any ideas?

My wii did something weird last night

I was playing Transformers on my wii last night and after a while the game went weird it stopped at the last image on the screen and just stayed there and either my television or the console itself made a loud buzzing sound and i had to unplug the power because it would not turn off by the power button on the remote and the consoles power button would not turn it off either. PLEASE someone help:sad:

I don't want it to happen agian

Last edited:
We've had our Wii for three days, and its already making a buzzing noise when you put a game disc in. And it's not something we can adjust, it's internal. Any suggestions as to what to do?

OK both you guys look an the side of the gamedisk(edges) you put in when it happened. the same things happened to me and under a light I noticed etches or markings on the sides of the disk.

damn remote stopped working

ok so i was playing my wii with a friend and all of a sudden both the remotes stopped working... i though ok it may be the batteries... so i replaced them and what do u know the blue lights on the bottom keep flashing but they never turn on... what should i do... any help please

For some reason the only way to get my wii to come on is to unplug the main cord in the Wii, and then it turns red.When it turns red I press the power buton, but it doesn't come on. It just flashes green and orange for less than a sec. I made sure everything was correctly plugged in.

finally managed to hook up wii to router today, udated wii but summat dont seem right. I had to Re-adjust the sensor setting from 4 to 2 and now the standby light aint red anymore, its orange. it goes red if i unplug it but when i plug it back in it goes back to orange. Anyone else had this prob?

marymiller said:
ok so i was playing my wii with a friend and all of a sudden both the remotes stopped working... i though ok it may be the batteries... so i replaced them and what do u know the blue lights on the bottom keep flashing but they never turn on... what should i do... any help please

this happened to me once. the user manual isnt that good. re-register the remotes, press the red button on the wii console then the red buttons under the battery cover on the remotes.

my wii grew wings and flew onto my ceiling. does anyone know how to get it down? lol.

okay, here's my real problem. can't connect to internet (error 58397)

metroid

i just bought a new metroid prime 3 game and put it in my wii. the wii didn't show anything in the disc channel so I clicked on it and had to have a wii update. i then tried to start the game, but there was an error that said the disc could not be read. this was a BRAND NEW GAME. i'm sending the game back for a replacement but could this be a problem with my wii?

well do yu have internet? cause if yu do yu culd trie getting the update, but if you dont, maybe parental controls are on and there blocking yu from playing the game (it is rated T for teen)..orrr.... maybe there is something wrong with the game

Back