Wii Winning The Console War

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
New sales figures published today from analyst firm NPD show that the Wii console has outsold its competitors in January, pushing Microsoft and Sony to the wayside.

Nintendo shifted some 436,000 units during January, with Sony's Playstation 2 coming in second. Microsoft's Xbox 360 was third, followed by the PlayStation 3.

In a recent report, TheStreet.com analyst Michael Comeau predicted that Nintendo's momentum should have Microsoft thinking about a price cut for the Xbox 360. But he expects that move could be delayed until 2008, when "surefire hardware mover" Halo 3 is released.

Forrester Research analyst Paul Jackson:
"Nintendo already has an excellent start in the marketplace, and has sold a great deal of hardware," he noted. "But to maintain a lead in this industry, you can't rest on your success."

Via: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20070223/tc_nf/50280;_ylt=Aj655objlf6fAVdTtCFgIpAjtBAF

I'm sure most of us knows this ^ ^, since the wii has been selling like wildfire. But i'm not surprised that the PS2 is selling that good. Since some people don't wanna buy the PS3 cause of the price.

Nintendo won't 'rest'. Not with MP 3, SMGalaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, blah blah, you all know the rest of the games. That's why you're here.

the wii sales will keep going up, i hear some people are still trying to get one. Wii rules!:thumbsup:

not to surpirsed either. The Xbox has been out for a while so anyone buying it are behind the curve, or what marketers call "late-comers". PS3 has too high of a price point, and is in short supply.

Only the long-run will tell who will win the console wars, but by then another console will be out. It would've been better to see how many consoles were sold in the first month or each console's release date. But then again, that also depends on the supply of the console as well. If there were more PS3 available then maybe they would've outsold the Wii no one really knows.

Yes, yes they will make it each year great! this year seems to have alot of amazing games and new ones are being added suddenly out of nowhere

Its funny though, I remember back at E3 05 I was concerened for Nintendos next console [Wii] and then E3 06 came around and Nintendo started to get some major attention! It brings a joyful tear to my eye to see Nintendo at the top like it should be!

Well, I think it really depends on how you define 'winning' a console war, as i'm sure when presented with this information , many anti-nintendo guys will just go "so what if it sold more, <insert game here> is the best game and its not on wii"
It is still early days yet, but lets hope the wii can keep us this momentum by providing us with some surprise games, in the dry months ahead.

has anyone thought that maybe some people don't have the money right now to get a wii but will eventualy? I think Wii will be the winner. I also think Nintendo took everyone by surprise. Graphics don't make the game and If you grew up in the 80's and early 90's you would know this

Yeah that's right..plus the Wii games right now aren't using the whole capacity of graphics the Wii has to offer, but in the future they will, so watch out because Nintendo seems to surprise us always

til this date i havent seen wii on the shelves unless I was the one of the first people at the store in the morning and that only happened once(when I bought one) but so far I've seen a few playstations 3s sitting there on the shelves but never any wiis they're still selling out too fast

Back